Will lack of Tough Games hurt the Bills?

PatsFanNH

Honest question for football fans.  Do you think the fact the Bills may only face 3 quality teams all year,(Yes I am considering my Pats a non quality team)  something that could hurt them come playoff time? 

What I mean is since they are facing teams they should steamroll will they be ready to win a dog fight in the playoffs against teams like Baltimore, Cinci, TN. Etc.  Yes we all expected the KC game be a statement game but in all honesty they are not playing well at all and probably fail make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Honest question for football fans.  Do you think the fact the Bills may only face 3 quality teams all year,(Yes I am considering my Pats a non quality team)  something that could hurt them come playoff time? 

What I mean is since they are facing teams they should steamroll will they be ready to win a dog fight in the playoffs against teams like Baltimore, Cinci, TN. Etc.  Yes we all expected the KC game be a statement game but in all honesty they are not playing well at all and probably fail make the playoffs.

They look like they lack tough because we dominated them.  

WFT team almost upset the Chargers, Jets beat Titans and the Pats hung tight with the Cowboys.

We were a Josh Allen slip from beating the Titans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

We were boatracing teams at the end of last year in the regular season. Then were still able to grind out two real tough games in the playoffs against the Colts and Ravens. I'm not concerned. The number of games in the 5 years of McDermott where this team has just not been ready to compete for 60 minutes is less than 1 a year. 

• Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did it hurt the Pats all those years that the East was a doormat for them with 8 guaranteed wins to start? :w00t:

Would be 6 guaranteed wins during the Brady era (colts moved to South in 2002) but still your point is spot on!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Here we go with the, "well, they beat KC .. BUT ... blah, blah, blah," crap.

Stifle it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wins give you confidence.  Enough wins get you a playoff spot with homefield advantage.  So 'easy' wins are good wins. 

Consider the easier games preseason games if you like.   You're still working on execution all season long.  Regardless of the schedule, a team should be playing at a high level by the time it reaches the postseason - as long as it stays healthy.  

A few tough games on the schedule (and the Bills do have a few) may help prepare a team for what they'll face in the playoffs.  But you don't need more than a few.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

Huh? There are no ‘easy’ games in the NFL. This isn’t Alabama playing some Division 2 school! Sure, some teams are better than others but given the way the NFL schedule is constructed and weighted nobody really plays that much easier of a schedule than anyone else. The biggest unknown may actually be injuries, not opponent. You never know until game day if some opponent that looked tough on paper has their typical starters on the field. That’ll play out even more so with 17 games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.