Week 8: Dolphins at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

"Contributed" to making him inactive...meanwhile, the guy was totally healthy. You think they would hold back a healthy Moss multiple weeks because of a hamstring injury early in preseason, but wouldn't hold back Milano after his hamstring injury? That doesn't seem consistent.

I guess you believe there was nothing to Moss's tweet that day where he said "they're trying to do me dirty."

I think he might have felt that way initially then had a talk with his coach and had the Breida/McKenzie angle pointed out to him, which is why he deleted said tweet very quickly.  He was greeting McKenzie every time he came off the field.

You don't know that the guy was "totally healthy" any more than you "know the coaches make certain decisions for the sake of helping a player's growth/humility even if it doesn't give them the best tactical advantage for a regular season game.

They sat Moss, but barely used his back-up and haven't used his backup since then.

Right, because McKenzie finished out the game, therefore Breida wasn't needed.

Also, every game since, the run game has been a larger part of the game plan than 15 running back carries.

Other factor, because when he got his carries in a real game, Breida didn't make good. 

🤦‍♂️

Imma leave you to the enjoyment of the beautiful mental locale you inhabit, where coaches who are playing for the highest seeding they can get, bench players to motivate them "for the sake of helping a player's growth/humility even if it doesn't give them the best tactical advantage for a regular season game." (exact quote of what you said)

You're obviously not going to be persuaded by any factual evidence, quotes, absence of quotes supporting your viewpoint, common sense, etc.

McDermott believes they can win regardless

If I felt McDermott believed that, it would explain a couple of wrenching losses we've had.  But I think this is just more stuff you're making up. 

McDermott is the guy who says that if you start taking another team lightly you're gonna get your ass whipped, and there's every reason to believe that's his genuine belief.

If you're correct about McDermott and correct about benching players who offer a superior tactical advantage to "help their growth/humility" or motivate them, then we're gonna lose a bunch more games we should win.  That Is All.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think he might have felt that way initially then had a talk with his coach and had the Breida/McKenzie angle pointed out to him, which is why he deleted said tweet very quickly.  He was greeting McKenzie every time he came off the field.

You don't know that the guy was "totally healthy" any more than you "know the coaches make certain decisions for the sake of helping a player's growth/humility even if it doesn't give them the best tactical advantage for a regular season game.

Right, because McKenzie finished out the game, therefore Breida wasn't needed.

Also, every game since, the run game has been a larger part of the game plan than 15 running back carries.

Other factor, because when he got his carries in a real game, Breida didn't make good. 

🤦‍♂️

Imma leave you to the enjoyment of the beautiful mental locale you inhabit, where coaches who are playing for the highest seeding they can get, bench players to motivate them "for the sake of helping a player's growth/humility even if it doesn't give them the best tactical advantage for a regular season game." (exact quote of what you said)

You're obviously not going to be persuaded by any factual evidence, quotes, absence of quotes supporting your viewpoint, common sense, etc.

If I felt McDermott believed that, it would explain a couple of wrenching losses we've had.  But I think this is just more stuff you're making up. 

McDermott is the guy who says that if you start taking another team lightly you're gonna get your ass whipped, and there's every reason to believe that's his genuine belief.

If you're correct about McDermott and correct about benching players who offer a superior tactical advantage to "help their growth/humility" or motivate them, then we're gonna lose a bunch more games we should win.  That Is All.

I don't know about the NFL but when Ron Hextall was in charge of the Flyers they had a sign up that said something like "No one is above the team.  You play our way or your don't get ice time and we don't care who you are."  So they literally DID sit some of their best people for stupid disciplinary crap like trying to use skill instead of being muckers and grinders and making the coach look like the idiot he was. That kind of egotistical tyranny is what got Ron fired and Dave Hakstol is now running the Kraken into the ground. I certainly don't see McDermott doing something like that but I know all too well the NHL is full of dinosaurs so there's probably some in the NFL.

Edited by Amorgus

1 minute ago, syhuang said:

So it looks like Doyle will be the backup/swing tackle? Or is Bates still able to back up tackle even if he mainly plays inside recently?

Oh, Ryan Bates. So valuable in his role as a back up that he never sees the field. Will we ever get to know how good this guy is? The mystery continues…

GIF by Drunk History

46 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

If Brown can’t go, then are we back to the Week 1 O-line?

I think it would be back to the weeks 1, 2 and 3, where the o line was the better.

I thought they should have went back to the o line, even before Brown got hurt.  He was not very good the last two games

Edited by Back2Buff
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Lol, two sides to that coin.

I'm heads, you're tails.

Edited by LeGOATski

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Unfortunate for Spencer, if he has to miss this week then assuming Williams back to RT.  See if they go Cody or Ike at G, predict Cody

Fish two highest rated defensive players are LDE Ogbah (4th of 110 Edge Defenders) and Wilkins (8th out of 121 interior d lineman).  PFF is showing Tommy Doyle in the lineup at the RT spot, and Williams staying at LG.  Be interesting to see what plays out.

12 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Fish two highest rated defensive players are LDE Ogbah (4th of 110 Edge Defenders) and Wilkins (8th out of 121 interior d lineman).  PFF is showing Tommy Doyle in the lineup at the RT spot, and Williams staying at LG.  Be interesting to see what plays out.

No way they line up Doyle at RT. It will be Williams. They will play Mongo/Boettger/Ford at the guard spots. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.