Week 8: Dolphins at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh Mike.  

this team under Mc D (as far as I remember) does not play down to the competition 

It’s no wonder we have fans that psyche themselves out before we play every terrible team. Exhibit A! 😜

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

It’s no wonder we have fans that psyche themselves out with every terrible team we play. Exhibit A! 😜

There are two types of Bills fans, BBFS fans and "I'm gonna go to another teams message board and talk trash" fans. 

There tends to be more of the latter or seems lately. 

Edited by The Wiz

Greg Cosell Previews Bills-Dolphins

He says Miami has been gradually working in more zone coverages and expects there to be a lot more zone against the Bills.  Pretty good video. Also says Miami is embracing timing routes. A lot of 3 step, 5 step drops and get rid of the ball quickly to eliminate sacks and pressures. They are scheming, but does anyone really think they have any hope?

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I like where you are going with this. 

it’s even better than this. I was listening to the Cover 1 guys, and they developed this data point of “toxic differential”— which basically expands on the Sharp analysis. It is basically a combination of the Sharp big plays plus turnovers, and the Bills have a toxic differential that is number 1 in the league by a mile. 

It's a good metric, but I don't think Cover1 developed it. Toxic differential has been around for a while.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh Mike.  

this team under Mc D (as far as I remember) does not play down to the competition 

If you really want to go full paranoia...

-Bills only loss this year in all white uni's at home after a long rest in a game they were supposed to win.

-Dolphins are in desperation mode after six straight losses.  Tua and Flores are pry fighting for their jobs.

-Dolphins undefeated in Halloween games.

-UB just lost as 13 point favorites.

-OJ is in town.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Oh really— thanks. In the context of the podcast, it always seems like they sell it as their idea, but maybe i misinterpreted. 

I made me curious, so I looked it up and it goes back to at least '98. Brian Billick talks about using it here: https://www.nfl.com/news/toxic-differential-an-essential-indicator-of-success-in-nfl-09000d5d82435ffb

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh Mike.  

Ya I don't really understand why he's putting words into the bills coaches/players mouths. 

Not really good from Mike G at all.

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

Greg Cosell Previews Bills-Dolphins

He says Miami has been gradually working in more zone coverages and expects there to be a lot more zone against the Bills.  Pretty good video. Also says Miami is embracing timing routes. A lot of 3 step, 5 step drops and get rid of the ball quickly to eliminate sacks and pressures. They are scheming, but does anyone really think they have any hope?

I'll always give a team a chance in the NFL, especially when playing division rivals for the 2nd time.

Do I think the Dolphins win?

No as I think the Bills will handle business.

But crazier things have happened

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Regardless of what has happened here recently, we have to take every team seriously and also we need to figure out a way to get the defense back on track. Let’s get that taste of the Titans game out of our mouths for good. Get the run game going early and get back to playing defense 

Coach McD and staff along with the players have made it quite clear on numerous occasions during interviews many times that, that is exactly what they do. So that's all good

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.