Week 8: Dolphins at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

That one loss by Josh.... the incredible game winner bounced off Charles Clay's chest. To date, it was one of Josh's most amazing plays and the moment I knew we had one. 

I agree that Clay should have caught the pass, but it absolutely did not "bounce off his chest." It was an amazing play by Josh but we don't have to distort what happened. This is how myths get started.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/josh-allens-bills-miracle-falls-flat-charles-clay-drops-potential-game-winner-vs-dolphins-215726312.html

Edited by Dr. K
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL at saying I'm "wierdly dramatic" while you're making up conspiracy theories that coaches bench players to teach them motivational lessons at the cost of a better chance for a win.  😅

I think you're mis-quoting McDermott. 

Moss pulled a hamstring in training camp and missed a couple pre-season games before getting very limited snaps (4 carries) against the Bears and Packers.  We all know that hamstrings are unpredictable and can linger if not allowed to recover fully.  This is what was quoted in the media at the time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sean-mcdermott-shares-details-about-rb-zack-moss-week-1-absence/ar-AAOyNIN

Find a quote where McDermott said being inactive "motivated" Moss or was for the purpose of sending him a "message".  Bet you can find some dude on a fan blog spinning some conspiracy theory, but nothing McDermott actually said.

"Contributed" to making him inactive...meanwhile, the guy was totally healthy. You think they would hold back a healthy Moss multiple weeks because of a hamstring injury early in preseason, but wouldn't hold back Milano after his hamstring injury? That doesn't seem consistent.

I guess you believe there was nothing to Moss's tweet that day where he said "they're trying to do me dirty."

They sat Moss, but barely used his back-up and haven't used his backup since then. He went from inactive in week 1 to the top 5 most used RBs in the red zone by week 4. This tells me it also wasn't a numbers situation or gameplan related because they'd clearly rather use Moss. He was used plenty in the win against the Steelers last year, as well.

McDermott believes they can win regardless and it's obvious that he'll make these types of moves for the sake of player growth. You think it's preposterous and maybe it is, but that's his style.

1 hour ago, 2003Contenders said:

I suspect that the personnel for the Tennessee game was very game-plan specific. They were worried about Henry breaking loose and Tannehill running around -- so they employed a defense that had less to do with getting pressure on the QB and more to do with stopping the run. Sadly, the net result was that Tanney had all day long to survey the field, was patient, minimized mistakes, and found mid-range receivers.

With little threat of a running game from Miami, I believe that the game plan defensively this week will revert back to what we saw pre-Tennessee, which probably means an active AJ. The key will be to beware of the screen game, which Miami can run well with Tua, Gaskin and Gesicki.

Yeah, overthinking the matchups in that case. If they play Tennessee again in the playoffs, they won't do the same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McKenzie wears shorter

How do you know this?

If Frazier sat Epenesa to “help his growth or humility” at the cost of a tactical advantage that could have won the game, I would be so not OK with that

Me, I don’t believe it and I think they felt Obada and Harrison gave them better run defense than Epenesa and Butler

Agreed.  He doesn’t know Jack.

While attending the Bills@KC game, I was sitting next to Harrison Phillips’ mother.  To make a long story short, she said that Harrison was inactive vs KC because he’s a “run stuffer” and they wanted more pass rushers. The rotation of DL will be based on the teams they are playing and how they plan to attack them.  

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I don't like all of the talking heads and others talking about how Josh "owns" the Dolphins.  The expectations for his play this Sunday are ridiculously high. I'm staying humble with JA.

have fun with that...

tenor.gif?itemid=10464204&ehk=9iBneJF1t5

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Losing Knox is a bigger deal than fans are making it out to be. He is arguably our best weapon in the red zone not named Josh Allen. Not sure this game will be the 3 or 4 TD blowout people are predicting.

True.... but they haven't been good in the red zone anyway.

I have a feeling Sweeney is gonna be Bills fans' favorite backup after this week.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

True.... but they haven't been good in the red zone anyway.

Right, so losing their best red zone weapon could make them even less efficient unless they figured something out during the bye week. Luckily I am sure we can still easily win the next 3 games even if our red zone offense struggles. Hopefully Knox is back and fully healthy by the Colts game.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Right, so losing their best red zone weapon could make them even less efficient unless they figured something out during the bye week. Luckily I am sure we can still easily win the next 3 games even if our red zone offense struggles. Hopefully Knox is back and fully healthy by the Colts game.

Even with Knox out, I don't think they'll change up the personnel in the red zone or do anything drastically different. They've missed on plays that were there for the taking and it's mostly on Josh. So, I don't think they necessarily have to figure anything out, it's more about repetition in red zone drills (like we see in that thread about Diggs practicing the one handed catch) and just executing.

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I don't like all of the talking heads and others talking about how Josh "owns" the Dolphins.  The expectations for his play this Sunday are ridiculously high. I'm staying humble with JA.

He probably doesn't "own" the Dolphins, but I'm comfortable with saying that he has a lease on them.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I agree that Clay should have caught the pass, but it absolutely did not "bounce off his chest." It was an amazing play by Josh but we don't have to distort what happened. This is how myths get started.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/josh-allens-bills-miracle-falls-flat-charles-clay-drops-potential-game-winner-vs-dolphins-215726312.html

Lol...I agree on closer detail it does not actually hit the chest first. Hits the hands, ground and maybe some chest in there, then bounces off. That being said, this has got to be one of the silliest corrective posts I've ever seen. Thanking you for setting the record straight. The truth must be heard.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.