Week 8: Dolphins at Bills

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, syhuang said:

What does he reply mean? "don't" and then "not", so basically he means "I do not not feel wanted". That's double negative so he actually means " I feel wanted" after all?

You really didn’t not misunderstand Tua after all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

18 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

High school English teachers will always tell you that a double negative equals a positive, but that is not entirely accurate.  Sometimes it is used to designate a neutral.  Are you comfortable?  I'm not UNcomfortable (meaning I am neither comfortable nor uncomfortable).  This kind of double negative construction is not uncommon in academic writing, for example.  So, I think he is saying he doesn't feel like he is being pushed out...that they want to get rid of him...even if he doesn't feel they are entirely sold on him and want to keep him long term.  Probably a pretty accurate read, actually.

Or it could just be that Alabama football player education on display and we are trying to interpret it as an intelligent statement.  Neither would not surprise me.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Guess Diggs didn't get the memo... lol

Pat McAfee

@PatMcAfeeShow

How vastly different is coaching in the NFL compared to College?? "In College you call your coaches Coach & in the NFL you call them by their name.. that might seem like a small detail to some but it's not to those of us who played" ~@AaronRodgers12

Edited by Bferra13

17 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Pat McAfee

@PatMcAfeeShow

How vastly different is coaching in the NFL compared to College?? "In College you call your coaches Coach & in the NFL you call them by their name.. that might seem like a small detail to some but it's not to those of us who played" ~@AaronRodgers12

McDermott is a dictator, confirmed!

20 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Pat McAfee

@PatMcAfeeShow

I mean it really probably just depends on the coach/player. Plus I wonder if Aaron Rodgers did that early on with his first coach.

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it really probably just depends on the coach/player. Plus I wonder if Aaron Rodgers did that early on with his first coach.

Yea I have a hard time believe Rodgers came into his first practice his rookie year was like, "Hey Mike! How's it going?"

And that was Mike Sherman, not McCarthy.

Edited by The Wiz

What I'd love most is to see another shutout.

I don't care if we only score 7 points. If we can hold Miami to 0 points in 2 games, that would be the most satisfying thing for the rest of the season (outside of winning a Super Bowl). Hope the defense comes back with a vengeance & really hands it to them!

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yeah you are worse off.  Hate to say it, but that wasn't one of your better roster moves!  🤪

Agreed , still 6-1 because i have King Henry, the Bills D, Jamarr Chase and Matt Stafford. i got cocky

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I don't care if we only score 7 points. If we can hold Miami to 0 points in 2 games, that would be the most satisfying thing for the rest of the season (outside of winning a Super Bowl). Hope the defense comes back with a vengeance & really hands it to them!

Seriously?  

I’ll happily settle for any (injury-free) outcome spelled W I N, then rinse and repeat every week.

The Fish are neither food nor friends; just another step to climb w/o tripping…

6 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

High school English teachers will always tell you that a double negative equals a positive, but that is not entirely accurate.  Sometimes it is used to designate a neutral.  Are you comfortable?  I'm not UNcomfortable (meaning I am neither comfortable nor uncomfortable).  This kind of double negative construction is not uncommon in academic writing, for example.  So, I think he is saying he doesn't feel like he is being pushed out...that they want to get rid of him...even if he doesn't feel they are entirely sold on him and want to keep him long term.  Probably a pretty accurate read, actually.

Saying you’re not uncomfortable doesn’t necessarily mean you’re not comfortable…it just means you’re not uncomfortable.

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I wanna do one better, shut out the Porpoises this week, and shut out the Jersey Jets X2 as well. F*ck them where they breathe.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.