The reemergence of Gabriel Davis??

Special K

With the Knox injury, I believe Davis will be the recipient of increased playing time, and be expected to pick up the slack for the loss of Knox’s production. I believe Davis is more than capable of helping to keep this offense performing at a high level while Knox is out, and I predict a few big games for Davis in the coming weeks.....who’s with me??

• Agree 6

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I expect the Bills to plug in Sweeney and not change too much. They're kinda stubborn in that way.

This, ^^^

This is pretty likely, that and remember, Sweeney has good hands as a receiver, (TD in the last game) he’s not Knox athletic wise, but he’s not as big a liability as some may think, jmo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Jake Kumerow will play TE.

I think Kumerow and Davis will be in the mix - Sweeny may get more reps too as he was starting to see some playing time.

Will be interesting to see who they keep active each game - the Bills are deep enough at receiver that they have options that they can leverage to fill in for Knox. Sucks a bit in regards to the chemistry Allen was building with him, but we should get Knox back for the stretch run and gives some other guys on the bench a chance to showcase what they can bring.

3 hours ago, Special K said:

With the Knox injury, I believe Davis will be the recipient of increased playing time, and be expected to pick up the slack for the loss of Knox’s production. I believe Davis is more than capable of helping to keep this offense performing at a high level while Knox is out, and I predict a few big games for Davis in the coming weeks.....who’s with me??

was thinking the exact same thing. The Knox injury is a blessing in disguise, giving Davis more snaps and hopefully allowing us to get more production out of the 4-WR sets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Jake Kumerow will play TE.

I could see this injury as an opportunity for Daboll to use some interesting personnel alignments. Some that could be useful over the next couple of weeks with Knox out and then used later in the year to catch teams off guard. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Special K said:

Do people not realize that Gabriel Davis is a WR and not a TE?

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Do people not realize that Gabriel Davis is a WR and not a TE?

I was assuming that we are all knowledgeable enough about the Bills to understand that the switch from Knox to Davis would mean a switch from 3 WR to 4 WR formations to not need to mention it.

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

They probably will use more 4 wide but I still expect them to try and run their offense with Sweeney. But I do see Davis getting more snaps and targets, the Bills would be foolish not to adjust their gameplan to feature him more and the TE less.

Couldn't agree more,  I hate seeing Gabe's talents rot on the sideline.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.