10/17 Chiefs at Titans 1 pm EST on CBS

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Someone made a pretty good point earlier in this thread that there are not any AFC teams that you just put an "L" on the schedule.

The Bills CAN beat any of these teams... watching sloppy Baltimore false start their way backwards twice on a deparate 4th down play.

As good as Allen is he still has so much room to grow his game and that is a scary thing for the rest of the league.

I agree but at the same time of all the contenders I don’t think we can mark down an automatic W. these games are going to be tightly contested where whoever steps up or doesn’t show up that day could be the difference.

However many Seem to like our chances because we are solid on both sides of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Let's hope so.

With Jones and Brown healthy, they are a tough team to beat. They are two strong possession and jump ball receivers.

I still think zone blitzes and robber coverage is the way to beat Tanny's dink and dunk over the middle game..

Will be interesting to see how Pittsburgh's defense handles them as they do those things well.

I don't think the Steeler's offense poses much of a threat.

KC was doing a decent job stopping Henry, but Brown and Jones ate their lunch beating the single coverage and getting enough off the short passes to keep the sticks moving.

• Like (+1) 1

Fair statement. But, the Bills beat KC on the road; and were also a slip away from beating Tennessee...again, on the road.  Let's wait for the season to play out. The Bills need to take it one game at a time. And, btw, there is no way Tennessee wins out 😉

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, WideNine said:

More than just cap restraint, but Beane is pretty careful about who he brings in and the team culture they want to maintain.

KC spent on upgrading their OL this offseason...not sure if they are really getting the return on that investment.

They are playing 3 rookies, is part of the problem

But Orlando Brown has NOT been what they expected when they traded for him, and neither has their FA spend Joe Thuney

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They are playing 3 rookies, is part of the problem

But Orlando Brown has NOT been what they expected when they traded for him, and neither has their FA spend Joe Thuney

This is what has bothered me about the Chiefs. Everyone has treated them like they are able to do no wrong and are the next Patriots 20 year dynasty. They draft a RB in the 1st round and the media is awed that they have added yet another offensive weapon because obviously defense doesn't matter anymore. They trade a 1st rounder to switch a RT to LT, again ignoring defense, and give $80 million to a guard. Again the story becomes "who will be able to stop the Chiefs this year?" Their bad drafting has caught up to them. Mahomes is not an unstoppable god.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is what has bothered me about the Chiefs. Everyone has treated them like they are able to do no wrong and are the next Patriots 20 year dynasty. They draft a RB in the 1st round and the media is awed that they have added yet another offensive weapon because obviously defense doesn't matter anymore. They trade a 1st rounder to switch a RT to LT, again ignoring defense, and give $80 million to a guard. Again the story becomes "who will be able to stop the Chiefs this year?" Their bad drafting has caught up to them. Mahomes is not an unstoppable god.

But what about those no-look passes and sidearm throws?  Nobody else has ever attempted those in the NFL.  And those State Farm commercials, amazing acting.  Awards a plenty in the future.  I’d say unstoppable god…definitely 

mahomes got knocked the *$%# out again! Funny thing is Chad Henne came in and outplayed him against the same D that J Allen shredded last week

43 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

From Super Bowl to 

Super Bust. 

Things can change very fast 

yes, especially when you are competing with rookies for most interceptions thrown in the league

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh and I forgot to mention Mahomes being called "baby GOAT" and already being lumped in with Brady just 5 years into his career. He's obviously an incredible QB but he hadn't yet faced real adversity in his career until the Super Bowl last year. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to go down in history.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.