10/17 Gameday Thread: Around the League (Bills on bye)

Hapless Bills Fan

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Darnold looking good all the way down the field.  Then two bad plays, 2nd and 24, he presses and BAM!!  INT on the 5 yard line.  You see flashes, then the big pick.  Looks like the best he can do at this point is a Fitzy career.

I'll say this for Fitz...  he has success against the Patriots.  

The Jets losing streak is currently at 12 against New England.  Coming close to the Bills one of 15 years back.  Guess who the last Jet starter to beat them was?  Yep you guessed it.

He also snapped the 15 game losing streak for the Bills against NE 10 years ago.

In 2019 as well he beat them with Miami on week 17 to stop them from getting a bye I believe?  

I jokingly called him Picks-Patrick a bit as a Bill but I gotta give the man his due 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, fallen627 said:

If I’m a Lions fan, I’m excited for the future. They have the right coach in place. A full rebuild awaits, but it’s a good start. 

I am not sold that they have the right coach. I do like the GM they brought in though and I think Campbell deserves a shot. The current roster is bad.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

As always, just say NO to Ohio State QB’s.

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Has there ever been an Ohio State QB that succeeded in the NFL as a QB?

Not up on college like some of you guys are but after looking at their list of NFL QBs I give a solid NO.

That is one bad list.

Matt Ruhle is a scum bag and a loser.

"We just came out of halftime and I was just like, alright, this just doesn't feel right. It feels flat. It's not how it's supposed to feel. It was 3rd and 2 and the ball didn't hit Colin [Thompson]. Does he drift? I don't know but I could feel it was like hey, it's at the tipping point. We're now or never. I think I waited one more drive and then I went ahead and did it. The last thing I wanted to do is embarrass somebody and I know this is going to be the story this week. Sam will define who he is. This is up to him."

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/rhule-discusses-decision-to-pull-darnold-trade-market-more

No Matt.  Your terrible coaching should be the story. 

And maybe you should explain what's really going on with CMC to and how you and your staff are going to oversee a league star missing potentially TWO SEASONS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"We just came out of halftime and I was just like, alright, this just doesn't feel right. It feels flat. It's not how it's supposed to feel. It was 3rd and 2 and the ball didn't hit Colin [Thompson]. Does he drift? I don't know but I could feel it was like hey, it's at the tipping point. We're now or never. I think I waited one more drive and then I went ahead and did it. The last thing I wanted to do is embarrass somebody and I know this is going to be the story this week. Sam will define who he is. This is up to him."

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/rhule-discusses-decision-to-pull-darnold-trade-market-more

And maybe you should explain what's really going on with CMC to and how you and your staff are going to oversee a league star missing potentially TWO SEASONS.

Jeez. What did Matt Rhule do to you? 

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Why? Because he benched a crap QB who was missing wide open guys? Sam has declared himself, he’s a backup QB at best. It wasn’t just Gase and the Jests although they certainly didn’t do him any favors. I don’t follow the Panthers that closely so unless you are a relative of Sam’s what’s the deal with Ruhle? Honest question.

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

Why? Because he benched a crap QB who was missing wide open guys? Sam has declared himself, he’s a backup QB at best. It wasn’t just Gase and the Jests although they certainly didn’t do him any favors. I don’t follow the Panthers that closely so unless you are a relative of Sam’s what’s the deal with Ruhle? Honest question.

Everyone saw that.  We all see that. 

He doesn't have to tell us that and throw him under the bus.

Take some accountability for the crap product you put on the field today.  

I watched about half that game today.  That was a complete top down loss on offense and defense.  

"I know that's going to be the story here this week...."

Gtfo loser.  Another over hyped college "genius" stealing money.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.