10/17 Gameday Thread: Around the League (Bills on bye)

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Worst day of football on TV I can remember here in the Southern Tier in ages. I got the Jets and Giants, and now the Bears/Bucs. Just brutal

You have my sympathies.  I've been watching the Red Zone.  For some reason it's not showing on the NFL app on my Apple TV.  Shows on Roku.  Was fine the last few weeks.  So...I launched it from NFL.com on my laptop and am casting my laptop screen to my Apple TV via Chromecast.  When you stream, it opens up a lot of options.

4 minutes ago, State Rt. 21 N. said:

What a boring day. The games are crap at best    YUCK!!

The best game is Rams vs Lions.  Who'd a thunk it?!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

You have my sympathies.  I've been watching the Red Zone.  For some reason it's not showing on the NFL app on my Apple TV.  Shows on Roku.  Was fine the last few weeks.  So...I launched it from NFL.com on my laptop and am casting my laptop screen to my Apple TV via Chromecast.  When you stream, it opens up a lot of options.

Same here, I had the choice of the Jets or Giants for the early games and Bears or Eagles for the late games   BORING!!!!!

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Mini Mahomes? 

More like a Tyreek Hill that can throw too.

You would expect more tipped balls from him, but he is so quick and so good at sliding around and creating space and throwing lanes. Has a fast release too and pretty accurate throwing off platform, sidearm, etc... and that helps.

Some of the most tipped passes were QBs with an exaggerated throwing motion that defenders could predict where height had little to do with it. Best defense is to keep him hemmed in and get those hands up into throwing lanes because even if you don't get a piece of the ball you have a better chance of forcing a bad throw.

I am still a bit salty about the ol' Hail Murray play.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Philly would do well using their draft capital on a new QB.  Hurts is not a starter in this league.

Hearing what some of the college football guys have said here there won't be enough QBs to go around and they are not that good.

Trubisky could be a reasonable fallback to one of these needy teams.  At least I hope so.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Hearing what some of the college football guys have said here there won't be enough QBs to go around and they are not that good.

Trubisky could be a reasonable fallback to one of these needy teams.  At least I hope so.

I'd rather keep Mitch all things considered.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think Trubisky would be reasonable as well.  But these GMs like there shiny new toys.  With Philly's mulitple first round picks, they could position themselves for the best of the bunch.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Local CBS really stepped up to the plate showing pats/jests

image.thumb.jpeg.80d41121cf22b2a44a93bb92eb3e5366.jpeg
"Watch it, bub!  You got your money's worth with the final score."

Just now, WideNine said:

That was a pretty throw, but no one covering Ertz on that deep crosser.

Houston's defense is ranked just above the Jets and look that way.

I was remarking upon the Eagles' misfortunes. 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.