Dawson Knox "aka Rambo" ranked 3rd best in the league.

TwistofFate

In the latest TE rankings, Knox is ranked 3rd and leading all TE's in a few categories.  His emergence is much welcomed.  Sucks he will be out for awhile right when he was just putting it all together.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-tight-ends-of-the-2021-nfl-season-mark-andrews-travis-kelce-rolling

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• TwistofFate changed the title to Dawson Knox "aka Rambo" ranked 3rd best in the league.

Having a Gronk/Kelce type TE is a huge advantage.

It's nice to see Knox starting to emerge as a top running/catching TE around the league.

He clearly has a lot of natural athletic talent, and he's BIG.

Tall, long arms, fast, good hands, big and strong. 

Guys like this are matchup nightmares.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

46 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Having a Gronk/Kelce type TE is a huge advantage.

It's nice to see Knox starting to emerge as a top running/catching TE around the league.

He clearly has a lot of natural athletic talent, and he's BIG.

Tall, long arms, fast, good hands, big and strong. 

Guys like this are matchup nightmares.

This is just what I was hoping for back when he had the dropsies. You just KNEW his ceiling was high. He made the tough plays, but his concentration faded at times.  Sometimes a little patience and hard work pay off! I must admit, this is even better than what I had imagined. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Absolutely pleased with the progression of Knox, but Waller and Kelce are on a different level.  If either of them were on this team we would be virtually unstoppable.  

Beasley's our Kelce.  Gets open consistently to move the chains, and can hurt a defense if it doesn't take him seriously.  

Waller is a freak of nature, and if he ever gets everything figured out, he'll be unstoppable all by himself.

Knox isn't used like the Chiefs use Kelce.  Instead he's simply a big play threat, hard to cover, like a WR who's not as fast but is powerful and hard to block out.  Kelce catches three balls for every one Knox catches, and that's fine.  

Edited by Utah John
  • Agree 1

He’s a developing player and seems to be coming together this year. Kelce didn’t do much his first year, and Gonzalez had a slow career for his first couple of years  (Shannon Sharpe as well).  I’m so happy to see him become much more dependable.  The hand is temporary, and is exactly what we need to get to the next step offensively.  Mission accomplished along with upgrading WR with Sanders.

Next step, the RB’s.  I’m not looking for a King Henry, nor even some bell cow back.  Just improved performance which has glimpsed the first few games.  This offense is coming together and will be better than last year.  It will come out over the next six games and Knox will be a big part of it.  These DC’s must be scratching their heads in how to stop Buffalo moving forward.  With all of the overreaction Tuesday week, this week, we did score 31 pts., left two penalties for another 14 and then some on offense.

Glad to see Knox (I guess from the OP they call him Rambo, didn’t know that one) getting recognized.  That must ease that pain a little from the hand.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Augie said:

This is just what I was hoping for back when he had the dropsies. You just KNEW his ceiling was high. He made the tough plays, but his concentration faded at times.  Sometimes a little patience and hard work pay off! I must admit, this is even better than what I had imagined. 

It wasn't just that, Knox wasn't a polished route runner and didn't know how to handle himself against physical coverage.  He also was hit-or-miss with his blocking, in part because if the D stunted he seemed to become unsure who to block.

He showed improvement last season and even more this season, on both counts.  Boy's been working hard and deserves success.  Hope this doesn't rob him.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Nester said:

have they said how long he will be out with the hand injury ? 

Bills have said nothing, as one would predict

Guy on the injury thread who knows him said apparently 3-4 weeks 

Common injury timelines:

https://www.orthoped.org/bone-fracture-healing.html

Metacarpal bone healing 3-4 weeks (that's an assumption that he broke a bone in the palm of his hand, which is quite common)

The hope is that surgery will push him towards the shorter end of the timeline, but the reality is bones heal at different rates in different people, and we don't know the severity of the fracture, either.

Here's Banged Up Bills injury history of Knox:

https://bangedupbills.com/2020/09/11/te-dawson-knox-injury-profile/

The good news is, unless the Bills have someone they want to sign to the 53 man roster, the bye week means they have almost 2 weeks before they need to make a decision about whether or not to put Knox on IR (until Saturday Oct 30 at 4 pm).  So that's plenty of time to look at follow-up xrays and see how he's progressing.

The thing about Knox for me if he worked his butt off in preseason with #17 and coaching to eliminate issues he had with drops and this year BOOM he's applying it.....and its chemistry and its athleticism combined with smart accurate football plays and you have STATS this year which noone can deny.

plus he's soooo danged Cute! 😜

""Feed me Seymour Feed me"....who is #17 gonna feed next week...I bet they earn stats too! HA!

GO BILLS!

m

2 minutes ago, Muppy said:

The thing about Knox for me if he worked his butt off in preseason with #17 and coaching to eliminate issues he had with drops and this year BOOM he's applying it.....and its chemistry and its athleticism combined with smart accurate football plays and you have STATS this year which noone can deny.

""Feed me Seymour Feed me"....who is #17 gonna feed next week...I bet they earn stats too! HA!

GO BILLS!

m

The Bills will be Miami’s little shop of horrors this Halloween 🎃 👻 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Muppy said:

GO BILLS!

I actually think Knox has been pulling a few targets away from Diggs. 

We'll see how Allen feels about Sweeney.  The guy can catch, he looks awkward as hell to me but he Gets 'er Done.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually think Knox has been pulling a few targets away from Diggs. 

We'll see how Allen feels about Sweeney.  The guy can catch, he looks awkward as hell to me but he Gets 'er Done.

Sweeney is gonna step up he's a baller

as far as individual stats Diggs may be earning less catches on his own stat sheet but I doubt he  cares as long as they are winning and you KNOW Josh is going to go to him and he'll get his feeds/catches  eventully YEP 

GO BILLS

Edited by Muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.