Marcellus Wiley (Speak for yourself/music city)

major

On Speak for Yourself a few minutes ago, Marcellus Wiley was discussing music city miracle and said “we know why we lost that game” and went further to say  “he wouldn’t say the name of the person whose fault it was” because we wants to protect that person’s mental health. So, who do you think he was referring to?🤔

6 minutes ago, major said:

On Speak for Yourself a few minutes ago, Marcellus Wiley was discussing music city miracle and said “we know why we lost that game” and went further to say  “he wouldn’t say the name of the person whose fault it was” because we wants to protect that person’s mental health. So, who do you think he was referring to?🤔

Rob Johnson 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, major said:

Who was the Gunner on the right side?  

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe he was in the Flutie camp and so is referring to Rob Johnson (but if memory serves, Rob played fairly well in the game and we had a chance to win---though I thought and wanted Flutie to start that game too). Otherwise, I doubt he would be singling out, say, one special teamer...saying it was their fault (on that particular play). It seemed the whole ST blew that play...but I guess there could have been one ST player who was meant to play (final) contain and left his post.

Other options: He could put that game on the refs for not calling it a forward pass...but the mental health part of that question wouldn't really make sense then. The refs in that game were worried about their physical health (not their mental health) if they had disallowed the TD in a hostile Tenn atmosphere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, folz said:

Maybe he was in the Flutie camp and so is referring to Rob Johnson (but if memory serves, Rob played fairly well in the game and we had a chance to win---though I thought and wanted Flutie to start that game too). Otherwise, I doubt he would be singling out, say, one special teamer...saying it was their fault (on that particular play). It seemed the whole ST blew that play...but I guess there could have been one ST player who was meant to play (final) contain and left his post.

Other options: He could put that game on the refs for not calling it a forward pass...but the mental health part of that question wouldn't really make sense then. The refs in that game were worried about their physical health (not their mental health) if they had disallowed the TD in a hostile Tenn atmosphere.

Johnson was a gamer in that playoff game and showed a lot of grit.  Drive them down for the game winning FG.  Doubt it was him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Bruce DeHaven  

There's not a single player to blame for that game, Johnson was harassed all the first half, both RBs were injuried, and in general the OL played crappy 

Edited by poblano

3 minutes ago, poblano said:

Bruce DeHaven  

There's not a single player to blame for that game, Johnson was harassed all the first half, both RBs were injuried, and in general the OL played crappy 

The late Bruce DeHaven.  I don't think Marcellus needs to protect that person's mental health.  

11 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Wade for not running the clock down to 2 or 3 seconds before the FG (we had a time out left)

Had not realized that.  

7 minutes ago, transient said:

Because he encouraged them prior to the play to abandon their lanes?

I am no expert, but a wholesale breakdown in lane discipline suggests a coaching failure of Some kind. 

By the way, I never understood why teams in those types of situations don’t just kick the ball out of bounds. Back then, I think the penalty too was ball at the 35— so you had to go a bit more to even get into Hail Mary range. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Wade for not running the clock down to 2 or 3 seconds before the FG (we had a time out left)

Wait, what??!? I don't think I ever knew that. Holy *****, are you kidding me?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.