Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Not sure if it’s in this clip, but Baldwin says he feels no guilt over her death.   

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, he said he felt no guilt. 

It's in this clip, about the 20 second mark...

Former Buffalo Bill player Dean Cain weighs in on Alec Baldwin's interview about on-set shooting

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Really dumb idea to give that interview.  Incredibly stupid.

Everyone:  Please do not do this interview!  It's could likely be the worst career move EVER! 

Alec:  Will there be cameras?

Everyone:  Well of course

Alec:  I'm in!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, Doc said:

he doesn't know that it's the hammer that is key in the whole process, not just the trigger (which actuates the hammer).  I've never shot a gun and even I know that.

Just for clarity, on a double action weapon, the trigger pull, in most cases, both ***** the hammer and actuates to strike the primer...unless you have first manually cocked the hammer.

Single action: the hammer must first be manually "cocked" then the trigger pull fires the weapon. This is done with each round fired.

Bottom line, in any event: this jackalope broke basically all of the 4 golden rules of gun safety. It's almost impossible to comprehend the stupidity.

Edited by Dukestreetking
Flagged/corrected for dumbassery.
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Just for clarity, on a double action weapon, the trigger does NOT actuate the hammer-striking-primer process.

The hammer must first be manually "cocked" then the trigger pull fires the weapon.

Single action: as a general matter, a trigger pull completes the firing process (some nuances I won't mention).

Bottom line: this jackalope broke basically all of the 4 golden rules of gun safety. It's almost impossible to comprehend the stupidity.

True, (after looking it up) not all triggers actuate the hammer. But isn’t it actually double action that does both and single action needs a manually cocked hammer?

On 12/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, reddogblitz said:

Can't a professional actor act like there was recoil?

They could but you've got three things to line up then...FX sound, FX image, and the acting. Some real editing to do there. On a big Marvel movie, I bet they could make it look perfect every time, they've got the money. Most other movies I don't think could take the time, or have the money. They use blanks and get it all in one shot. Plus, the reaction is probably much more "real" due to the bang.

11 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Just for clarity, on a double action weapon, the trigger does NOT actuate the hammer-striking-primer process.

The hammer must first be manually "cocked" then the trigger pull fires the weapon.

Single action: as a general matter, a trigger pull completes the firing process (some nuances I won't mention).

Bottom line: this jackalope broke basically all of the 4 golden rules of gun safety. It's almost impossible to comprehend the stupidity.

You have this backward.  Single action - the hammer must be cocked and then you pull the trigger to actuate the hammer.  Double action - the trigger ***** the hammer and actuates the hammer in one pull.  

Doh! Never, ever reply after midnight! @Danand @Irv you are absolutely correct.

The (sort of) mnemonic device is single action does just one thing--trigger drops hammer-- while double action does two...trigger pull both ***** and drops hammer (though latter can still be manually manipulated.

I think in my sleep haze I torqued it up...I've only known this for about 35 years.

Sorry for the confusion boys, and thanks for the assist. Will correct above.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Doh! Never, ever reply after midnight! @Danand @Irv you are absolutely correct.

The (sort of) mnemonic device is single action does just one thing--trigger drops hammer-- while double action does two...trigger pull both ***** and drops hammer (though latter can still be manually manipulated.

I think in my sleep haze I torqued it up...I've only known this for about 35 years.

Sorry for the confusion boys, and thanks for the assist. Will correct above.

Real nice.  I was out messing around with a single action prop gun telling people not to worry because “my boy Duke told me how all this works”.  I coulda shot my eye out! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I am so ashamed my friend. As penance to you and TBD I've joined Opus Dei. The flogging will continue until my posts are improved.

On another note: I actually carried 3 different double action sidearms in The Lands of Real Pow-Pows and Pew-Pews.

Baretta m9, Sig 226, and primarily Glock 19. Along w my M4 of course.

If they would've handed me a single action Colt, I would've definitely shot myself in the face!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

I’VE SEEN THIS MOVIE BEFORE: 

Alec Baldwin Wants to Find the Real Killer.

“Alec Baldwin still hasn’t given his cellphone to the New Mexico police investigating the death of Halyna Hutchins, the woman Baldwin shot last October on the set of the never-to-be-completed film Rust. And you’ll never guess who the real victim is…”

https://jimtreacher.substack.com/p/alec-baldwin-wants-to-find-the-real

• Haha (+1) 1

Baldwin too busy playing Trump on SNL and raging on the paparazzi to pay attention to safety on his movie set.  End result is a manslaughter charge.  Guns are not toys.  He should be tried and convicted just like Kim Potter.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Irv said:

Baldwin too busy playing Trump on SNL and raging on the paparazzi to pay attention to safety on his movie set.  End result is a manslaughter charge.  Guns are not toys.  He should be tried and convicted just like Kim Potter.  What a mess.  

Interesting correlation. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...