Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Why? Its newsworthy. 

Politicizing it is dumb.

What, you don’t think a Trump supporter snuck live rounds into the gun hoping that Alec Baldwin would end up shooting someone with it so that he could be punished for his political views? Or that this woman was sacrificed as Baldwin’s initiation into the satanic cabal of pedophiles that run the deep state?

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Or more.  This thought popped into my head this afternoon.  We know Alec is already anti-gun, what if he starts doing PSA's with the message "If I can accidently kill someone, so could you." 

Fact is the vast majority of us are far less likely to accidentally kill someone than Alec Baldwin, based on prior conduct. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Criminal charges though is so vague.  They'll throw a bunch of possible things out there, and narrow it down to actual charges as the investigation continues.  No guarantee the Alec gets charged. And if he does, he'll probably get off by saying he doesn't know guns and was told it was empty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, Rockpile233 said:

This may be a very ignorant statement, but serious question.

Why even have live rounds on site? Period. Sorry, not blaming any actor for this tragic accident. It should be the role of the safety professional to properly educate the people using the prop guns. I’m honestly blown away by the complete breakdown of safety processes in this story. 

You're dead on.  Well, the armorer was a big problem on this movie.  24 years old and barely any experience:

https://www.thewrap.com/rust-armorer-inexperience-hannah-gutierrez-fired-nicolas-cage-film/

Of course, it falls on the decision-makers for putting her in this position.

“The best part about my job is just showing people who are normally kind of freaked out by guns how safe they can be and how they’re not really problematic unless put in the wrong hands.” 

That's the wrong-headed attitude to have as the gun safety person.  It's not unique, I've met NRA instructors who are equally as arrogant.  But it's wrong.  A gun is always, always a risk and requires constant mental diligence and sterling habits when they are being handled to minimize the risk of an accident in a dynamic situation.

Pretending education and experience negates the possibility of an accident invites mental carelessness and thus increased risk of accidents.

"She tucked pistols under her armpits and carried rifles in each hand that were ready to be used in a scene. Firearms were aimed at people. She turned around and the pistols that were tucked under her armpits were pointing back at people."

This is wrong on so many levels I just shudder and wince reading it.  Arrogance and inexperience.

I'm an upland bird hunter and have been handling guns for close to 40 years.  Choking underbrush can conceal a blaze-orange colleague 10 yards away, let alone a dog on the ground and birds who decide to stop running and take to the wing randomly in any direction.   Jessie Ventura was full of s***.  Accidents can happen to anyone and it's critical never to downplay that.

4 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

You're dead on.  Well, the armorer was a big problem on this movie.  24 years old and barely any experience:

https://www.thewrap.com/rust-armorer-inexperience-hannah-gutierrez-fired-nicolas-cage-film/

Of course, it falls on the decision-makers for putting her in this position.

“The best part about my job is just showing people who are normally kind of freaked out by guns how safe they can be and how they’re not really problematic unless put in the wrong hands.” 

That's the wrong-headed attitude to have as the gun safety person.  It's not unique, I've met NRA instructors who are equally as arrogant.  But it's wrong.  A gun is always, always a risk and requires constant mental diligence and sterling habits when they are being handled to minimize the risk of an accident in a dynamic situation.

Pretending education and experience negates the possibility of an accident invites mental carelessness and thus increased risk of accidents.

"She tucked pistols under her armpits and carried rifles in each hand that were ready to be used in a scene. Firearms were aimed at people. She turned around and the pistols that were tucked under her armpits were pointing back at people."

This is wrong on so many levels I just shudder and wince reading it.  Arrogance and inexperience.

I'm an upland bird hunter and have been handling guns for close to 40 years.  Choking underbrush can conceal a blaze-orange colleague 10 yards away, let alone a dog on the ground and birds who decide to stop running and take to the wing randomly in any direction.   Jessie Ventura was full of s***.  Accidents can happen to anyone and it's critical never to downplay that.

The more information that comes out, the more it reads like an out of control Spring Break rager.  

I’m thinking they needed some adults in the room, but the adults seemed not to give a &@$@ about reckless and wanton behavior.  

There are always the people who say things like “Hey!  Live rounds would be fun!”.  Where were the people going “Wait, That’s dumb as $&&@, we’re not doing that.”? 

There was no need for this to be a dangerous set, it sounds as if they cultivated an air of recklessness.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Now this I gotta hear about…

Demented Biden and his communist buddies trying to frame Trump using Baldwin as a foil.  Simple.  

What a Mess.jpg

Edited by Irv

45 minutes ago, Irv said:

Demented Biden and his communist buddies trying to frame Trump using Baldwin as a foil.  Simple.  

What a Mess.jpg

I missed the Trump connection.  The theory being a Trump supporter (or Trump himself ordered to) put a real bullet into the gun to make Baldwin a murderer?

• 4 weeks later...

So Baldwin gave an interview to George Snuffleupagus and claimed he wasn't responsible because the didn't pull the trigger and the gun magically went off.  However he admitted to pulling the hammer back as far as it could go and releasing it.  Hello!

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

On 10/22/2021 at 3:50 PM, Doc said:

Hard to believe it was accidental.

Exactly my thoughts . To many variables before he pulled the trigger . There are a things about a fire arm i would think in this case that you should done prior to firing the gun at someone . I would personally check watch the loading & recheck the loads during the loading of the firearm & not leave that up to anyone else !  

If it was me & if you are going to fire a loaded gun at some one (blanks or other wise) and i was the one pulling the trigger blanks or not first CHECK THE LOADS MY SELF !! When you are pointing a gun at someone with the intentions of firing it you need to know beyond any doubt that what you are about to do will be done in a safe manner and that nothing will go wrong while doing this act .

You the person pointing & pulling the trigger are the one ultimately responsible for the actions of pointing a loaded firearm at some one & pulling the trigger 

I would never trust any one else in this situation ! To just pick up a firearm and assume it has blanks in it is completely foolish i would watch the person loading the gun and first make sure they are definitely blanks then the gun would never leave my possession until i had to shoot it that is the only responsible action to be taken .

Doing such a thing is as bad as saying i thought Biden would be a great choice for president just total incompetence at its worst !!

Edited by T master

On 10/26/2021 at 3:38 PM, Just Jack said:

Or more.  This thought popped into my head this afternoon.  We know Alec is already anti-gun, what if he starts doing PSA's with the message "If I can accidently kill someone, so could you." 

I love how these anti-gun movie actors make movies glorifying guns.

If you're mega loaded (cash) and you hate guns why make a movie that has guns in it?  

There have been plenty of good movies made without a gun.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

So Baldwin gave an interview to George Snuffleupagus and claimed he wasn't responsible because the didn't pull the trigger and the gun magically went off.  However he admitting to pulling the hammer back as far as it could go and releasing it.  Hello!

I saw that clip.  He's an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I saw that clip.  He's an idiot.

Not sure if it’s in this clip, but Baldwin says he feels no guilt over her death.   What human being wouldn’t feel some sense of guilt for this occurrence, live round inadvertently on set or not?    It’s the way most decent people are wired.  

I also wonder how long it is before the deceased lady’s husband starts looking at this professionally managed spin campaign about guns rising up against humanity and thinks “WTF, Alec? It was your movie set where this all happened.”

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, he said he felt no guilt.  I should have mentioned that.  I hope he gets bankrupted by the civil suits. 

Oh and his father was a HS rifle team coach so it's amazing he doesn't know that it's the hammer that is key in the whole process, not just the trigger (which actuates the hammer).  I've never shot a gun and even I know that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Not sure if it’s in this clip, but Baldwin says he feels no guilt over her death.   What human being wouldn’t feel some sense of guilt for this occurrence, live round inadvertently on set or not?    It’s the way most decent people are wired.  

I also wonder how long it is before the deceased lady’s husband starts looking at this professionally managed spin campaign about guns rising up against humanity and thinks “WTF, Alec? It was your movie set where this all happened.”

He plays make believe for a living.  Of course he doesn’t believe he did anything. He’s probably waiting for the director to say “cut” so she can wake up. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1