Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

28 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Well that’s quite a sensationalized mischaracterization. Nobody was spraying bullets around the set.

”Alec Baldwin was rehearsing a scene in which he draws a gun and points it at the camera when the gun — which the crew had been told did not contain live rounds — suddenly went off and killed the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, according to an affidavit.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/24/arts/baldwin-shooting-details.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Meanwhile, Donald Trump Jr. is selling “guns don't kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people” shirts for $27.99.

The greatest trolls ever. :worthy:

• Like (+1) 3

I am curious as to who will be charged in this situation and for what breaches of protocol allowing such a horrrific act to occur.

If I was an A list actor and someone handed me a "cold" gun, you would expect it to be unloaded. The fact it had live rounds it a snafu BIGTIME but I almost blame the dude handing off the gun more than the guy on a movie set just sayin'

as far as trolling him forever dang folks thats Cold right there..if this specific instance was a Mistake, a bad one oh yes, but a mistake of thoughtlessness or even neglect...would I want that sin lorded over me forevermore?

Wouldnt that depend on the outcome of the case and ultimately what the true facts are..and will the truth be told/found

*grab yer popcorn* seems like a thoughtless analogy but what I mean is this story needs a lot more facts before we should all be casting judgment in one guy ..It reads to me like a horrible accident with no pre thought of injury whatsoever

m

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I am curious as to who will be charged in this situation and for what breaches of protocol allowing such a horrrific act to occur.

If I was an A list actor and someone handed me a "cold" gun, you would expect it to be unloaded. The fact it had live rounds it a snafu BIGTIME but I almost blame the dude handing off the gun more than the guy on a movie set just sayin'

as far as trolling him forever dang folks thats Cold right there..if this specific instance was a Mistake, a bad one oh yes, but a mistake of thoughtlessness or even neglect...would I want that sin lorded over me forevermore?

Wouldnt that depend on the outcome of the case and ultimately what the true facts are..and will the truth be told/found

*grab yer popcorn* seems like a thoughtless analogy but what I mean is this story needs a lot more facts before we should all be casting judgment in one guy ..It reads to me like a horrible accident with no pre thought of injury whatsoever

m

Nobody criminally.  Is it regulated by law?  It was an accident. 

Now, maybe civil... Who didn't follow policy? 

But... I generally agree with your post. I GUESS we can use the Brandon Lee case as an example.   How did that go?

I noted it was a Hulu production.  Things aren't a closed shop in Hollywood anymore. Just like out on Main Street, USA... You think you're non-Union shop can protect it's workers better? 😆 Yeah, right... 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why would Baldwin fire an armorer with twenty-five years in the movie industry, a week before this, and replace them with someone with less than two months  experience?  No wonder this happened.   You just don't run around set randomly shooting people.  Hot or cold.  An adult needs to be in charge.  Guns are not toys.  You just don't take pot shots at people for your amusement.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup! Job is to act.  If it means pointing a gun during a scene... I trust the team not to steer me wrong.   Not my job to check them.

And this the whole problem with your argument.  Because he relied on someone else he is now involved in a homicide investigation.  How did that trust do him?  

Do you check your fuel before you drive or do you rely on your kid or spouse with the "awwww I left you plenty of fuel."

Now there will be no weapons in movies or TV.  They will all point fingers and say "pew pew pwe!!"  

3 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

This may be a very ignorant statement, but serious question.

Why even have live rounds on site? Period. Sorry, not blaming any actor for this tragic accident. It should be the role of the safety professional to properly educate the people using the prop guns. I’m honestly blown away by the complete breakdown of safety processes in this story. 

It's not ignorant it's by FAR the number one question.  WHY were there live rounds anywhere on that set let alone within 10 feet of a weapon let alone chambered??

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And this the whole problem with your argument.  Because he relied on someone else he is now involved in a homicide investigation.  How did that trust do him?  

Do you check your fuel before you drive or do you rely on your kid or spouse with the "awwww I left you plenty of fuel."

Now there will be no weapons in movies or TV.  They will all point fingers and say "pew pew pwe!!"  

It's not ignorant it's by FAR the number one question.  WHY were there live rounds anywhere on that set let alone within 10 feet of a weapon let alone chambered??

Laziness.  And that should be civilly settled because nobody, including the deceased is not without blame. 

Oh... Just for the sake of old times, water and oil argument. You and me.😉 

We have a ⚠️ warning, low fuel light... AND my wife has me to fuel it up and back it into the garage every night. 😉  My daughter lives in New Jersey... She ain't allowed to pump her own fuel by law, does she check to make sure the gas cap is on? ***** no!

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

m

Sometimes H. Muppman you reap what you sow.  

Life can be cold, but it’s asking an awful lot of people to disregard prior comments and take the high road under the “Sure, he was a d bag to you but NOW we should all take the high road.”. 

Plus, these people seem to exist on a level most regular folks do not.  Maybe it’s the 💰

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This isn’t a movie I’d be interested in watching or most movies these days.

But I mean why even use real guns in film?  I’m sure sound you can add post production and with CGI and whatnot it can look real.

Are folks that big a movie fan or whatever they’d notice? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

This isn’t a movie I’d be interested in watching or most movies these days.

But I mean why even use real guns in film?  I’m sure sound you can add post production and with CGI and whatnot it can look real.

Are folks that big a movie fan or whatever they’d notice? 

I mean that may be what they end up doing,with good reason....but....post production gunshots look like crap and definitely stand out. That's not a big deal at the ned of the day but....they do look super fake. Lack of recoil, too bright a flash, etc. If you're looking, they're easy to spot.

17 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Sometimes H. Muppman you reap what you sow.  

Life can be cold, but it’s asking an awful lot of people to disregard prior comments and take the high road under the “Sure, he was a d bag to you but NOW we should all take the high road.”. 

Plus, these people seem to exist on a level most regular folks do not.  Maybe it’s the 💰

Fame, Money, all factors...knowing how many kids he has freakin fatigue fcol...yeah leo ya know Im not defending said dude or even looking at previous conduct by the guy...I see his face on magazines always something about having more kids....I believe in the golden rule matey so I wrote what I did before because I wouldnt want people to judge me after 1 bad mistake forevermore. But then Ya know Im Miss Hypocrite because to this day I cant stand michael vick due to his animal cruelty..Im supposed to forgive and yeah he paid a prison debt to society as well as huge financial losses...but my gut still thinks evil rat baastid when I hear his name.

So Im just trying to be real ...anyway film at 11 we'll see how this all ends up.

Peace my friend leonardo da wordsmith-o

hahahaaa  

Edited by Muppy

59 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Please explain the deceased's culpability in this.  

If I were the cinematographer, I would not let a hot head like Baldwin, well known for extreme acts of violence, aim a gun at me under any circumstances.  She should have checked the gun herself and put up bullet proof glass or used a remote control camera.  No telling when this maniac could snap.  She found out the hard way when he lost it and started savagely shooting up the set.   You can't trust people like Baldwin with anything.  Amazing more people weren't killed or maimed.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Maybe Hollywood should have classes on how to handle guns...real or "fake".

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You mean Irv.  Just wait until he starts with.

Maniacal movie man maliciously murders maven........film at 11! 

Pistol packing punk, Alec Baldwin, kills woman in cold blood.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Fame, Money, all factors...knowing how many kids he has freakin fatigue fcol...yeah leo ya know Im not defending said dude or even looking at previous conduct by the guy...I see his face on magazines always something about having more kids....I believe in the golden rule matey so I wrote what I did before because I wouldnt want people to judge me after 1 bad mistake forevermore. But then Ya know Im Miss Hypocrite because to this day I cant stand michael vick due to his animal cruelty..Im supposed to forgive and yeah he paid a prison debt to society as well as huge financial losses...but my gut still thinks evil rat baastid when I hear his name.

So Im just trying to be real and live my faith in action as imperfectly as I do....

Peace my friend leonardo da vinci-o the wordsmith-o

hahahaaaaa

m  

I figure he has issues, this guy.  Beating up people, losing his marbles, and being married to the crazy hot cat lady who inconsistently affects a Spanich accent and thinks Boston is in Barcelona, he's got it pretty rough.  He may just cop to the whole deal to spend some time in the big house for the p & q.   

• Like (+1) 1

You guys are right.  If I was on set with that guy, I would have demanded body armour and my own pistol to shoot back, if Baldwin lost it.  The guy is a Manslaughter Murdering Maniac with Major Mental Maladies.  He had problems up there in Middletown.  My oh my.      

Edited by Irv

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

She was part of the management team.  ***** rolls up hill.

She was the cinematographer, if I'm not mistaken. That role has nothing to do with weapons or the overall production management. It's just scene set-up and camera angles.

• Haha (+1) 1