Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

+1. What does a Hollywood type know about bullet types? 😆 

That's a cop thing@

Exiled Dude, they literally go through life pretending to be something different (oddly, they pretend to be cops and awful

lot, though some don’t seem to like the real ones).  Is it so much to pretend to be someone who knows about gun safety?   

I’m going to take a flier on your ‘Police set up AB’ theory.   It may ultimately have legs, though I always wonder why they wouldn’t just shoot AB if they really wanted to f with him. 

56 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They shouldn't be able to do any movie ever again.

you had one job running GIF by Angie Tribeca

I had typed something else but it occurred to me that every time Hollywood just about convinces me that guns are THE problem, they change it up and tell me it’s actually union flunky we have to worry about.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

What was he thinking a) hiring unqualified people to handle props, and b) firing a gun wildly at anything that moved on the set?  Honestly, what's wrong with this lunatic?  Did they take a blood sample to see if he was on heroin or cocaine?  Drunk?  Smack?     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Irv said:

What was he thinking a) hiring unqualified people to handle props, and b) firing a gun wildly at anything that moved on the set?  Honestly, what's wrong with this lunatic?  Did they take a blood sample to see if he was on heroin or cocaine?  Drunk?  Smack?     

Initial reports say blood sample came up negative..........for brain activity. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Love/hate/indifferent about the guy, does anyone here actually believe this guy set out to kill someone on a movie set? I'm indifferent by the way lol.

I don't believe that was his intention. I do believe he's an utterly terrible person.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I don't believe that was his intention. I do believe he's an utterly terrible person.

He might not be very likeable, but what makes him "utterly terrible?"

From what I've read:

- he was an alcoholic

- he fights with paparazzi 

- he doesn't like his ex-wife and subsequently his daughter for being too much like her

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He might not be very likeable, but what makes him "utterly terrible?"

From what I've read:

- he was an alcoholic

- he fights with paparazzi 

- he doesn't like his ex-wife and subsequently his daughter for being too much like her

I guess it depends what standards you hold people to. Seems like a solid pattern of being an ####### to me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.intouchweekly.com/posts/alec-baldwins-scandals-and-arrests-see-all-his-bad-behavior/amp/

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I guess it depends what standards you hold people to. Seems like a solid pattern of being an ####### to me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.intouchweekly.com/posts/alec-baldwins-scandals-and-arrests-see-all-his-bad-behavior/amp/

There are a lot of alcoholics with anger management issues out there. He seems like your standard #######. I was curious if there was something else.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

There are a lot of alcoholics with anger management issues out there. He seems like your standard #######. I was curious if there was something else.

I think we're splitting hairs here between standard ####### and utterly terrible human being.. I'm sure there are thousands of people just like him, but he hasn't helped his cause with his social media antics, which are now really coming back to bite him in the ass.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think we're splitting hairs here between standard ####### and utterly terrible human being.. I'm sure there are thousands of people just like him, but he hasn't helped his cause with his social media antics, which are now really coming back to bite him in the ass.

I doubt the irony of his social media posts is high on his list of concerns right now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, T&C said:

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/entertainment/2021/10/22/crewmembers-walked-off-baldwin-film-to-protest-working-conditions-prior-to-fatal-firearm-incident

Wouldn’t and shouldn’t the armourer be responsible for handing it over? Surely they’re in charge of weapons on set at ALL times? 

20 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Note to self: Not the moderator to piss off. 🤔

I could have told you that! :) 

19 hours ago, Irv said:

You never point a loaded gun at someone and carelessly shoot them.  What a total disregard for human life.  

Again, this is the bottom line. There is nothing funny about guns. They were not made to be played with. Ironiic that something like this happened to this judgemental, evil p.o.s. 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, T&C said:

Love/hate/indifferent about the guy, does anyone here actually believe this guy set out to kill someone on a movie set? I'm indifferent by the way lol.

no.

Nor do I think a drunk driver does.

And when they had multiple mishaps with firearms that only happen if flaunting the rules, proceed to remove the crew for their safety concerns, not regroup and implement proper protocol, and then end up killing someone as a result of continuing to ignore that protocol…. 

intent starts to become secondary to reckless disregard for safety. I don’t think he intended to kill anybody but I don’t think he intended to keep them safe either.

5 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Wouldn’t and shouldn’t the armourer be responsible for handing it over? Surely they’re in charge of weapons on set at ALL times? 

indeed. It should’ve been on their body and they should’ve brought it on scene. The early reports that the AD grabbed it off a table and handed it over without checking are not good.

everyone in a risk management role on site deserves to be ruined by this if the early reports are accurate.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I doubt the irony of his social media posts is high on his list of concerns right now.

Agred. I am all but certain his main (if not only) concerns are:

1) Not going to jail.

2) Getting sued.

3) Will his career be effected?

That said, have you seen his tweets about police officers taking innocent lives? These comments, calling numerous people "fa^^*ts," his evil tirade against his daughter, and of course HIS shooting will combine to follow him forever, although he probably won't care because he is an evil scumbag.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

1) Not going to jail.

2) Getting sued.

That said, have you seen his tweets about police officers taking innocent lives? These comments, calling numerous people "fa^^*ts," his evil tirade against his daughter, and of course HIS shooting will combine to follow him forever, although he probably won't care because he is an evil scumbag.

I agree with this.  His tweet says it all.  Carefully worded by a lawyer.  Bottom line is, don't wildly and carelessly spray multiple bullets at people like you're handling a toy.  Maybe it wasn't an accident given the high number of rounds fired.  I read somehere that he may have re-loaded twice.  What an outrage.    

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

1) Not going to jail.

2) Getting sued.

He was the producer. He’s getting sued BIG time, and he will lose BIG time. :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

He was the producer. He’s getting sued BIG time, and he will lose BIG time. 

Why in God’s name would you need an AR-15 on the set of Western?   I don’t get it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Let’s see: if Internet estimates are correct, Alec Baldwin is worth $60M & Jon Gruden is worth $30M. 

Neither one may ever be employed again.

After Chucky sues the NFL and the family sues Baldwin, their net worth may be pretty close to equal. :) 

22 minutes ago, Irv said:

Why in God’s name would you need an AR-15 on the set of Western?   I don’t get it. 

Maybe it's a time traveling western, someone from the future came back in a DeLorean and "accidently" left the AR behind. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

The early reports that the AD grabbed it off a table and handed it over without checking are not good.

Based off this article, I think the end result will be all the blame goes on the AD...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rust-assistant-director-had-history-unsafe-practices-prop-maker-says-n1282226

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1