Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Exactly. And with his political connections, Baldwin stands a better chance of getting away with crimes. It wouldn't be the first time. This case needs to be investigated in an impartial manner (if possible). 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10119685/From-parking-lot-brawl-homophobic-slurs-Movie-set-shooting-tragedy-latest-Alec-Baldwin.html

Now wait a minute. This link opens up a whole new can of worms. How is he still employed in Hollywood if he used homophobic slurs. He must have some deeeeep connections. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why was he aiming wildly firing shots at everyone offscreen?  Did he lose it again?  Is this a multiple attempted murder?  Dude lost it again. Sad.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Now wait a minute. This link opens up a whole new can of worms. How is he still employed in Hollywood if he used homophobic slurs. He must have some deeeeep connections. 

No surprise here. He will more than likely get away with his latest bad act with no consequences, but make no mistake; his bad behavior is not finished.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think that his victim needed one of these.

For the record, I don’t think Alec Baldwin drinks blood, concocted a plan to off a cinematographer on a movie set and I don’t wear a tin foil hat because it chafes where the hair used to be. 

I do think he’s a loose cannon, a hypocrite, emotionally unstable, is enabled by his peers in an industry full of hypocrites, and lives a life filled with chaos.  It would not surprise me in the least to see his life take a dark turn where someone in his personal, non-professional sphere ended up seriously injured or dead. 

There are reports that this movie production was chaotic, that financial commitments we’re not being kept, that security was lax, and that a number of professional crew members walked off the set earlier that day and were replaced with new people.  Those stories, if true, mirror the drama that always seems to follow this guy and might well foster a dangerous environment on this particular set. 

As producer of the film and guy who fired the shot, I’d think it’s absolutely fair to investigate and speculate about his intentions, actions, and culpability,  especially in light of his very public stance on the police and gun control generally.  It seems in real life “I thought…” doesn’t really cut it for him,  especially in light of his Michael Brown  t shirt stupidity above.  

I also wonder, generally, why in a world of carefully crafted illusion there would be any “prop” that included projectiles fired from a weapon at or in the direction of people.  I also wonder if any of those involved took even the most rudimentary gun safety course.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I wonder if someone set up Alec Baldwin.

He's definitely made enemies...

Someone/entity had to set him up.

The law enforcement establishment community would have the ability to do this, don't they regulate this stuff?

Could be. He should say about this on Twitter. :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

For the record, I don’t think Alec Baldwin drinks blood, concocted a plan to off a cinematographer on a movie set and I don’t wear a tin foil hat because it chafes where the hair used to be. 

I do think he’s a loose cannon, a hypocrite, emotionally unstable, is enabled by his peers in an industry full of hypocrites, and lives a life filled with chaos.  It would not surprise me in the least to see his life take a dark turn where someone in his personal, non-professional sphere ended up seriously injured or dead. 

There are reports that this movie production was chaotic, that financial commitments we’re not being kept, that security was lax, and that a number of professional crew members walked off the set earlier that day and were replaced with new people.  Those stories, if true, mirror the drama that always seems to follow this guy and might well foster a dangerous environment on this particular set. 

As producer of the film and guy who fired the shot, I’d think it’s absolutely fair to investigate and speculate about his intentions, actions, and culpability,  especially in light of his very public stance on the police and gun control generally.  It seems in real life “I thought…” doesn’t really cut it for him,  especially in light of his Michael Brown  t shirt stupidity above.  

I also wonder, generally, why in a world of carefully crafted illusion there would be any “prop” that included projectiles fired from a weapon at or in the direction of people.  I also wonder if any of those involved took even the most rudimentary gun safety course.  

Fella went out of his way to publicize his political commitments and to cast shade on those who hold differing opinions. Then he does something like this which is only the last in a long litany of bad behavior and folks are going to get irritated by the taint of PPP in a thread? It's a terrible situation and I'm sorry for everyone involved, but it's not ridiculous to question what the hell was going on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I wonder if someone set up Alec Baldwin.

He's definitely made enemies...

Someone/entity had to set him up.

The law enforcement establishment community would have the ability to do this, don't they regulate this stuff?

You’re thinking it that the law enforcement community had the ability to set him up, and that someone put a live round in the gun in order to have him shoot a cinematographer?  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It seems it was not the first time on that set that a gun went off with live rounds...

'Rust' crew describes on-set gun safety issues and misfires days before fatal shooting

Baldwin's stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was "cold" — lingo for a weapon that doesn't have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires that he sent a text message to the unit production manager. "We've now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe," according to a copy of the message reviewed by The Times.

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your thinking it that the law enforcement community had the ability to set him up, and that someone put a live round in the gun in order to have him shoot a cinematographer?  

Well, from the article I linked above....

Hutchins had been advocating for safer conditions for her team and was tearful when the camera crew left, said one crew member who was on the set.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, T&C said:

Firearms Safety 101. Every gun is loaded until YOU confirm that it's not. Baldwin should absolutely be charged

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, johndhall1 said:

Firearms Safety 101. Every gun is loaded until YOU confirm that it's not. Baldwin should absolutely be charged

A friend of my father used to teach a hunter safety course.  First day, first thing he would do, is to ask someone to hand him a rifle that he had placed on a table earlier.  Most of the time the person would without question.  He would use that as a scenario about not handing over a gun unless you knew how to check it was empty. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So lunatic Baldwin is the Executive Producer for the movie?  And he totally disregarded safety on the set, carelessly firing a gun with live rounds at innocent co-workers?  What’s wrong with this guy?  He should be behind bars now.  

• Like (+1) 1