This is awesome - congrats to Chris Spielman

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Does anyone recall how we acquired Spielman?  He was NOT washed up when he was on the Bills, but then he got hurt and I think that was about it.  

I think he signed as FA. he came back with the Browns in ‘99 but had to retire it seemed almost immediately after hurting his neck again. 

• Agree 1

Love Chris Spielman.

My favorite story about him is that he used to go up and down stairs sideways - as part of normal routine - to work on his lateral mobility.

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Love Chris Spielman.

My favorite story about him is that he used to go up and down stairs sideways - as part of normal routine - to work on his lateral mobility.

Hell, as I get older, I do that to keep both hands on the railing.

• Haha (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Does anyone recall how we acquired Spielman?  He was NOT washed up when he was on the Bills, but then he got hurt and I think that was about it.  

https://buffalonews.com/news/spielman-agrees-to-a-four-year-deal/article_32db321c-0de8-5000-b16e-a970f4d90650.html  4 years $2 million a season and $2 million signing bonus, sounds like a steal nowadays. 

2 hours ago, Iraq Vet said:

Congrats Chris... frankly he still looks like he is in game shape.

Kick the tires? 😉

But seriously, I love the way they "told" him the news. They're such a football-inept organization, but at least they have class.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

https://buffalonews.com/news/spielman-agrees-to-a-four-year-deal/article_32db321c-0de8-5000-b16e-a970f4d90650.html  4 years $2 million a season and $2 million signing bonus, sounds like a steal nowadays. 

Thanks for digging that up.  I remember Kelce as never looking back at his time in Detroit.  He was 100% a Bill, and committed to the success of the team.

Really a great player and a great man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.