Who Do The Democrats Run in 2024?

Irv

After watching the Demented Biden Clown Show for the last 10 months it's obvious the Dems are going to push aside the two abject failures they selected for President and Vice President in 2020.  After they get crushed in the mid-term's, the big question is, who get's the call to run in place of these two losers in 2024?

What a Mess.jpg

Edited by Irv

I really don't know.  They are boxed in.

I think that the original idea was for the figurehead to only have one term and then turn it over to the Veep.

Biden will be 81, I don't think that he is capable, unless they continue to do as they are now.  Hide him and have the power behind him run everything.

Kamala is a first class disaster, an intellectual lightweight and someone who can't even pretend to be a leader in any live event.

I would guess that after the coming blowout in 2022, some other Democrat will emerge as the "savior" for 2024.

Except all the party's leaders are so old, I couldn't predict who that might be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Newsom/Whitmer or Newsom/Stacy Abrams.

Its the GOP that has the Donald albatross around their neck. There’s no path forward until he’s gone and no longer controls the money going into other races.

The country certainly won’t be re-electing Trump. Lol.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

Its the GOP that has the Donald albatross around their neck. 

😂 

nothing says modern democrat better than a middle aged white guy millionaire that built his wealth from his families political adjacency to a large oil conglomerate family and broad daylight corruption with huge corporate donors and shady non profits run by his spouse. 

They aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It doesn't matter.  

If the economy continues this trajectory and it will, DeSantis cruises to victory.  

2022, same goes for Congress.  

It's so bad they are running ads with Obama on TV here in Virginia for Terry to get the People's Republic of Northern Virginia out to vote.  Biden (who Terry flat out said is unpopular here in Virginia) is going to NOVA on Tuesday.

As of right now based on their data they are losing VA and going to need the People's Republic to show up to have a chance.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

Its the GOP that has the Donald albatross around their neck. There’s no path forward until he’s gone and no longer controls the money going into other races.

Neither of those combo's stand an ice cube's chance in Hell of carrying the electoral map given their place on the far left side of the political spectrum.  In 2020 they trotted out Biden as the face of the moderate center because all the far-left candidates polled poorly in a general election contest.  Then once the "moderate" won they pulled the bait and switch to a far left platform and agenda.  Can they pull off the same trick again?

A problem regardless of the Democratic ticket is that Biden will be blamed for what I expect will be a historic economic, social, and political disaster consistent with the experience of the Great Depression.  But this time rather than a deflationary depression it will be an inflationary depression.  Anybody can cry and moan and blame Trump but nobody blames Calvin Coolidge for the Great Depression.  It was Hoover in charge and history will record it was Biden in charge this time.  My view is certainly contrarian to what the majority expects but since when does the majority see any turning point or event coming?  And depending on how bad it gets it might be a generation before they win the White House again.   

• Like (+1) 1

I just do not understand the Stacy Abrams consideration.

Well, she was the minority leader in the Georgia State Senate............So I guess that she could be Vice President of the United States.

Don't forget that in any of these "replacement" scenarios, Biden and Harris will still be around to help divide the democrat party even further.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Governor said:

If how Newsom and Whitney run their states is any indication on how they would run the country, I can already tell you who I won’t be voting for, regardless of who’s on the Republican ticket...You would have to be a fool voting for Newsom, given his track record...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 2

Your media is still talking about Hunter Biden for gods sake. How are you supposed to move the dial doing that? It isn’t working. Any generic Dem candidate would beat Trump, so as long as he’s in the picture, you won’t be winning any elections.

I don’t know what the right is doing, and if I don’t know, the average voter definitely doesn’t know. No one has heard a single word from the right in a whole year. It’s become a really small echo chamber these days. No one is paying any attention to anything the GOP is saying.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Governor said:

Your media is still talking about Hunter Biden for gods sake. How are you supposed to move the dial doing that? It isn’t working. Any generic Dem candidate would beat Trump, so as long as he’s in the picture, you won’t be winning any elections.

I don’t know what the right is doing, and if I don’t know, the average voter definitely doesn’t know. No one has heard a single word from the right in a whole year. It’s become a really small echo chamber these days. No one is paying any attention to anything the GOP is saying.

you dont know what "the right" is doing? at the same time you say "your media" and then go on to talk about echo chambers. 

if you dont know or care then the average voter doesnt. 

hmmmm.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

After watching the Demented Biden Clown Show for the last 10 months it's obvious the Dems are going to push aside the two abject failures they selected for President and Vice President in 2020.  After they get crushed in the mid-term's, the big question is, who get's the call to run in place of these two losers in 2024?

What a Mess.jpg

I don’t thinks it’s complicated.  If Biden is breathing, and if he wants it again,  Biden is the nominee.    

There have been no surprises, he’s not underperformed in the eyes of his supporters and they see him as  a crackerjack progressive  delivering on his promises.  His mental and physical decline was on display for several years before he ran. 

There’s strife in Afghanistan, Americans abandoned and military members killed in the poorly executed withdrawal.  That sort of thing has happened on his leadership watch over 5 decades.  He and Harris trash talked the vaccine while in development under the Trump admin, they encouraged the spread amongst protesters all last year, he’s screwed the messaging in 2021, but the death count is irrelevant under his watch.  The border is a mess, it’s been a mess for decades and they voted him in anyway.  There is concern he’s weaponizing the DOJ against parents concerned about CRT and education, to the point of targeting speech against school board members.  His supporters seem to agree with that approach.  His cognitive issues are nothing new, his supporters simply see  him as having a stutter.   He’s a tough talker on tax increases, and progressives like that even in spite of his obvious hypocrisy here. 

In short, this was predictable and likely what they envisioned when they cast a vote for B-H. 

The risk is that he strokes out, dies in office or gets rolled out like a trained monkey if necessary to perpetuate the narrative. The trade off is the value his supporters receive in exchange for their vote.

Cost, as they say, is only an issue in the absence of value.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

All that matters is the tweets are gone

How the Supply Chain Broke, and Why It Won’t Be Fixed Anytime Soon

https://nyti.ms/3nm13Lc

Maybe mayor Pete will run if he’s back from paid leave by then. I mean DOT has our National supply chain going swimmingly… 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A ball-peen hammer and a pair of shoelaces would be more effective than Demented Biden and Hyena Harris.  Useless.  Dems could just run a pair of inanimate objects in 2024.  It would be more effective than what we have now.  

What a Mess.jpg

Edited by Irv

5 hours ago, Irv said:

After they get crushed in the mid-term's, the big question is, who get's the call to run in place of these two losers in 2024?

Lock it up - we've got our answer

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

Dems could just run a pair of inanimate objects in 2024.

17 minutes ago, 716er said:

Lock it up - we've got our answer

Apologize.  The idea about the Dems running inanimate objects won't work.  We already have that right now!

What a Mess.jpg

Back to the thread.

In one of the first signs that dissatisfaction with President Joe Biden goes beyond grumbling, more New Hampshire Democrats than not want him to face challengers in their first-in-the-nation 2024 primary.

The latest University of New Hampshire survey of primary voters found that Democrats, by a 45% to 29% margin, want Biden to face “opposition in primary.” Some 26% were unsure.

https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1672&context=survey_center_polls

That is a switch from July when the same poll found that only 29% of Democrats wanted the president primaried, 38% preferred that he run unopposed, and 33% were unsure.

Biden has also lost reelection momentum in the state. In July, 49% of state Democratic primary voters said they planned to vote for Biden in 2024, 9% wanted an alternative, and 43% were unsure. Now, “don’t know/not sure” leads at 52%, 37% plan to vote for Biden, and 11% want another candidate.

The findings come as all New Hampshire voters express disgruntlement with both Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. Both have been on a steady path down in the university’s test of approval ratings.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/washington-secrets/big-switch-nh-dems-want-biden-primaried-in-2024