Public hearings coming on future Buffalo stadium

BuffaloBills1998

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Our now Prime Minister wanted to build a floating airport in the Thames Estuary when he was Mayor of London. True story. 

You Brits don't have a monopoly on genius. We had a congressman here in Georgia who thought that an island might be sinking because of the weight of added military folk on an army base. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

As a Government official of some years standing over here in the UK I can confirm that the golden rule of consultation is never consult unless you have already made up your mind :D 

Today they call it "Data Driven Decision Making" or DDDM. I used to teach at a college that was big on DDDM, but the way they implemented it, DDDM actually meant "Decision Driven Data Manipulation."

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You Brits don't have a monopoly on genius. We had a congressman here in Georgia who thought that an island might be sinking because of the weight of added military folk on an army base. 

Not to mention the ones who think the sound from wind turbines can give you cancer, or that too many wind turbines could exacerbate global warming by slowing down the wind too much.

You have to pass a civil service exam to deliver mail; seems like there ought to be a basic skills and knowledge test for elected officials, too.

• Like (+1) 1

Politicians have to look at the downtown alternative.  Of course, the location is terrible but politicians will be politicians.  Should the politicians try to call the Pegula's out on the situation, the Pegs can argue their contribution should be limited to what their share of the OP alternative is, as they don't want to go downtown.  All in all, I have seen this movie before, and this remake bores me.

53 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Today they call it "Data Driven Decision Making" or DDDM. I used to teach at a college that was big on DDDM, but the way they implemented it, DDDM actually meant "Decision Driven Data Manipulation."

Decision Dialog Risk Management is a respected method fyi.  Alphabet hash!

As I said in another thread: this is why WNY can't have nice things. Special interest groups and bush league politicians get their greasy mitts on anything and it's DOA. WNY is trapped in the land that time forgot.

Representatives with PSE have gone on record saying that a lease for the current stadium will not be renewed, unless there is a signed agreement to build a new stadium. 

Signature Peace Bridge, here we go again. There will be moving vans pulling up to One Bills Drive in 2023.

OTH.. kill the metro rail extension. It's a stupid idea only wanted by NFTA Contracting Officers, and construction unions.

Edited by boater
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

As I said in another thread: this is why WNY can't have nice things. Special interest groups and bush league politicians get their greasy mitts on anything and it's DOA. WNY is trapped in the land that time forgot.

Signature Peace Bridge, here we go again. There will be moving vans pulling up to One Bills Drive in 2023.

OTH.. kill the metro rail extension. It's a stupid idea only wanted by NFTA Contracting Officers, and construction unions.

Moving vans are not coming. Bills aren’t going anywhere, if they were then the state would’ve be looking into a down town stadium and the OP stadium would’ve fallen on deaf ears. Trust me, these politicians aren’t going to let the Bills walk away on their watch

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, boater said:

The bills are not moving

• Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills are not moving

I’m guessing he’s enjoying his Friday night? The Bills will be staying. 

I know very, VERY little about downtown. I don’t know enough to have much of an opinion on this. I know I love games in OP. I’m sure I’d love games downtown. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I will say for the thousandth time, as long as they remain in WNY I’m all in!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Let's say the Peguals pay 30% and the state pays 70%.  Would the Pegulas own the whole stadium?  Anybody?  Kind of wondering to myself what the Peguals want.  Are they better off owning the stadium or a portion of it, or are they better off letting the state pay for the construction and leasing the stadium back?  Anybody?

56 minutes ago, Irv said:

Let's say the Peguals pay 30% and the state pays 70%.  Would the Pegulas own the whole stadium?  Anybody?  Kind of wondering to myself what the Peguals want.  Are they better off owning the stadium or a portion of it, or are they better off letting the state pay for the construction and leasing the stadium back?  Anybody?

since virtually every pro lease gives NFL team virtually all income from the stadium and other events. It would be in Pegs best financial interest to not own it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2021 at 4:22 AM, GunnerBill said:

Our now Prime Minister wanted to build a floating airport in the Thames Estuary when he was Mayor of London. True story. 

Well, it is Boris after all, the original crew of Top Gear always had nice things to say about him…, 😁

On 10/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, Buffalo716 said:

The bills are not moving

He loves saying this stuff, makes him feel smart I guess…, 

Go Bills!!!

public hearing are just opportunities for fringe players with agendas to grandstand and complicate the situation

If your opinion is "yay! New Bills stadium!" you're probably not going to bother going to the meeting. If you have a burning passion for fighting for some agenda you'll be there, and you'll make a scene. Then that becomes the story.

Either way, I think it's a done deal and it's just a matter of who pays what. Bills are not going anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

public hearing are just opportunities for fringe players with agendas to grandstand and complicate the situation

If your opinion is "yay! New Bills stadium!" you're probably not going to bother going to the meeting. If you have a burning passion for fighting for some agenda you'll be there, and you'll make a scene. Then that becomes the story.

Either way, I think it's a done deal and it's just a matter of who pays what. Bills are not going anywhere. 

This 100%. 

Guaranteed that some local politician or community activist will do their best to bring this to a screeching halt in order to get their 15 minutes of fame.   The question is, will they succeed in derailing the project? 

Edited by BTB

Really good article on Buffalo Rising that was published yesterday (as a side note, Buffalo Rising is a must read for anyone who wants to keep up with all the great stuff going on in WNY)...it makes the case for the Bills stadium to be built next to the Central Terminal and I have to say I never thought about that as a option, but I kind of like it.

The article lays out a lot of good points and I can't list them all, but the fact that it would be close to downtown but has way more available land/parking than true downtown sites means that the cost would presumably be lower and that all of the tailgating people love could still happen...don't know if it could actually happen, but I think this idea could be a winner and hope it at least gets considered. 

Would be interested to hear what others think!

https://www.buffalorising.com/2021/10/the-buffalo-bills-the-buffalo-central-terminal/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.