Public hearings coming on future Buffalo stadium

BuffaloBills1998

Just now, Augie said:

What are the odds this ends up in one of the other stadium threads? Asking for a gambler friend. 

Honestly I didn’t know if this needed it’s own post. I just thought I’d post this and see what everyone’s reaction is to this news. To me it’s beyond stupid to hold hearings and letting the public speak out on this. I’m glad they’re original 90 day hearing got rejected

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I didn’t know if this needed it’s own post. I just thought I’d post this and see what everyone’s reaction is to this news. To me it’s beyond stupid to hold hearings and letting the public speak out on this. I’m glad they’re original 90 day hearing got rejected

You don't want them to have public input??

Personally, I'm glad they've already incorporated MY idea for a Zubaz pattern on the stadium facade.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Just local government covering their backsides giving people the illusion they have a say.

As a Government official of some years standing over here in the UK I can confirm that the golden rule of consultation is never consult unless you have already made up your mind :D 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Just local government covering their backsides giving people the illusion they have a say.

In my experience, these type of public commentary deals come up with three alternatives:

1. Do nothing.  (Play in the same stadium)
  2. A terrible alternative that no one wants.  (Something like a floating stadium on Lake Erie)
  3. The alternative they wanted all along (A stadium in Orchard Park)

This way, they can say the public had the chance to have input on how their money is being spent, while knowing that they will get what the wanted from the beginning.

Sometimes, they may make minor changes based on public input, if they really like them (meaning they will make the plan cheaper or will result in more money being made.)

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

In my experience, these type of public commentary deals come up with three alternatives:

1. Do nothing.  (Play in the same stadium)
  2. A terrible alternative that no one wants.  (Something like a floating stadium on Lake Erie)
  3. The alternative they wanted all along (A stadium in Orchard Park)

This way, they can say the public had the chance to have input on how their money is being spent, while knowing that they will get what the wanted from the beginning.

Sometimes, they may make minor changes based on public input, if they really like them (meaning they will make the plan cheaper or will result in more money being made.)

Our now Prime Minister wanted to build a floating airport in the Thames Estuary when he was Mayor of London. True story. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The US Navy has been doing that for nearly a century, and they can move them.

"Jarrrr, mateys!  They won't meet our terms!  Hoist anchor and set sail for DUNKIRK!"

Thus began the second golden age of the Robber Baron NFL Owners.  Al Davis smiles down...er, up from Hell. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

As a Government official of some years standing over here in the UK I can confirm that the golden rule of consultation is never consult unless you have already made up your mind :D 

Gunner:

What’s the definition of a Consultant?

Answer:

Someone who borrows your watch to tell you what time it is. 
😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I like the part of the article where it states public hearings will not be scheduled until stadium negotiations are further along.  Translated…let’s try and bring this to a screeching halt once they get serious.  Bunch of part-time hacks(county legislators) trying to get their moment in the sun.  

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gunner:

What’s the definition of a Consultant?

Answer:

Someone who borrows your watch to tell you what time it is. 
😉

Haha indeed. Who was that poster who used to post here and was a consultant and thought everything even football could be brought down to basic consultant principles and used to tie himself in knots making the most preposterous arguments at times? He disappeared around the same time as Rex, though I am not suggesting he was Rex..... he used to use words that Rex wouldn't be able to say let alone spell. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Yes, the Buffalo public meeting, as productive as past public meetings when residents tried to keep an abandoned factory from being demolished because their Grandpa worked there in the 1940’s, how the waterfront needs to be home of a new Seneca Native American Museum, old people holding “no new taxes” signs.

Ought to be super productive.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha indeed. Who was that poster who used to post here and was a consultant and thought everything even football could be brought down to basic consultant principles and used to tie himself in knots making the most preposterous arguments at times? He disappeared around the same time as Rex, though I am not suggesting he was Rex..... he used to use words that Rex wouldn't be able to say let alone spell. 

What I find a bit comical is that so many on here are window shopping with other people’s credit card. The stadium location will ultimately come down to money. Both it’s source and amount. That’s not a bad thing, that’s just reality. As an architect involved in significant public improvement projects, it always comes down to that. Then, once established, you set out to design the very best facility possible based on the location and budget. It’s not complicated! But without knowing the source and amount of funding it’s a unsolvable math equation: too many variables. 

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes, the Buffalo public meeting, as productive as past public meetings when residents tried to keep an abandoned factory from being demolished because their Grandpa worked there in the 1940’s, how the waterfront needs to be home of a new Seneca Native American Museum, old people holding “no new taxes” signs.

Ought to be super productive.

The NIMBYs are still upset about the silos being painted like Labatt's cans.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.