Thursday nite football: Broncos at Browns

Hapless Bills Fan

Broncos are basically the pre-McBeane Bills. Never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Now Vonn Miller goes down. Should've been traded in the offseason (think: Dareus). Should've drafted a QB in the Greatest QB Draft Class Ever (well, so they said). Instead they got Bradley Chubb. And about half a dozen CBs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And Smoke was just too fast for Teddy.

I thought it would take 2 more losses, but ...

... its a Thursday night game, extra time for the interim coach to settle in, I'm thinking Elway (err, some guy actually named George Paton, pronounced PAYTON not Patton) to pull the trigger. But with both the offense and defense sputtering, who gets promoted?

Special Teams coordinator McMahon is my best guess.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I seem to recall people agitating for him prior to the 2017 season, but I could be mistaken

I'll admit it - I wanted us to sign him as a bridge (hah!) QB. Can't remember which season. He is what he is, which is a kind of a boring Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean instead of AJ McCarron?

Peterman being the bridge qb to Allen may have been the dumbest move McBeane made.  Allen should be exhibit A of those who say you can’t ruin a rookie qb if he really does have what it takes to be a true franchise qb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Peterman being the bridge qb to Allen may have been the dumbest move McBeane made.  Allen should be exhibit A of those who say you can’t ruin a rookie qb if he really does have what it takes to be a true franchise qb. 

Good point. Josh was thrown into about as dysfunctional an offense as you'll ever see in the NFL. And yet ... he persevered.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I mean you could say that only worked because Josh is a freak who can jump over LBs and ward off sacks with other would be sackers. Rosen and Darnold haven't faired all that well.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good point. Josh was thrown into about as dysfunctional an offense as you'll ever see in the NFL. And yet ... he persevered.

This is an underappreciated fact.  I would argue that McD & Bean totally screwed up, on paper, Allen's rookie training camp, preseason and first half of the season.  It wasn't until they brought veteran QB's into the room and cut useless WR's Holmes & Benjamin (how many TD passes did he drop - 3?) that they started to do right by Allen.  

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.