Emanuel Sanders - is What Was Lost Worth the Gain ?

T master

Just take a quick look at the catch he made & more importantly how he got himself into position to make the catch on the Bills last drive in the Titans game.  Amazing.  
Also, on a much earlier drive, he was streaking across the end zone in the Titans game, wide open & unfortunately Josh did not see him.

He has been in situations that this team wants to ascend to, great locker room leadership. 

5 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

they should've never moved Williams he's a beast at RT

Well, Williams might not be as good as a guard as he as a tackle, but Ford needed to sit and the best way to handle that was to move Williams inside.  Brown is doing great at RT.  So the bottom line is Ford + Williams  <<< Williams + Brown.

Thas it Bulma and I are getting the dragon radar and going to summon shenron and wish for a all Jerry Rice receiving core. 

Honestly I think he was an absolute upgrade and brings in super bowl pedigree for what its worth. Healthy, reliable, and McBeanes most important attribute.... availability.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Could you be a little more specific about what exactly was lost, Please?

We cut John Brown, who was injured for much of last season and visibly “not himself” when he did play.

Brown was signed then cut by Las Vegas at the end of preseason and has been without a team until Denver signed him to the PS about a week ago.  The league perception seems to be that physically he’s not what he was somehow.

Meanwhile after 6 games Sanders has 24 catches for 413 yds.  

At 6 games last season, Brown had 14 receptions for 194 yds.  

Are you trying to argue that keeping Brown (“what was lost”) would have been better?

Are you trying to argue that keeping Brown would have been better than signing Sanders?  

Or what exactly is your point?

Playing time for Bease, Kumero, Mckenzie, & Davis has been pretty much invisible (10 targets 6 receptions) to a point and the game last week because of the 2 holding penalties on crucial scoring drives in the last game .

No Brown was a done deal but they let the other rookie walk (can't remember his name) we still have another on IR .

It's not a knock on Sanders just a question of with out him could the offense been just as good I guess i'm just kind of pissed at the penalties last week if you want the truth 🤔 with those 2 scores that's a W & the Bills are 5 & 1 .

But they will meet again i'm sure in the play offs & will have a chance at redemption .

• Dislike 1

I was ok with the signing thinking he would not be a focal point of this offense. Now that he was I was a little unhappy, but hes been playing very well.

I think hes here for depth purposes. Bease was playing with a broken leg last year and Davis was out against the chiefs in the championship game if i recall.

Only Bills fans would complain about having too many mouths to feed. Almost as bad as them worrying about winning the Salary Cap Olympics every year.

Only Bills fans would complain about having too many mouths to feed. Almost as bad as them worrying about winning the Salary Cap Olympics every year.

20 hours ago, T master said:

Also if you throw in that last week 2 TD's were called back specifically because of him holding on those plays that game would have been a W instead of a L which is on him . Is all that worth the move bringing him in ?

You can't reasonably blame him for changing a W to an L. 

There were plays made by about every guy on the team that could have turned things around, which is how it generally is in a loss.

He's been a really good pickup. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Playing time for Bease, Kumero, Mckenzie, & Davis has been pretty much invisible (10 targets 6 receptions) to a point and the game last week because of the 2 holding penalties on crucial scoring drives in the last game .

No Brown was a done deal but they let the other rookie walk (can't remember his name) we still have another on IR .

It's not a knock on Sanders just a question of with out him could the offense been just as good I guess i'm just kind of pissed at the penalties last week if you want the truth 🤔 with those 2 scores that's a W & the Bills are 5 & 1 .

But they will meet again i'm sure in the play offs & will have a chance at redemption .

The reason he's jumped ahead of those guys is that he's better. Upgrading a position is a good thing.

9 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

they should've never moved Williams he's a beast at RT

It's confusing. He was a beast at RT last year, but he just wasn't playing all that well there this year.

Edited by Thurman#1

14 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

We would win the Complaint Olympics by a nautical mile... no wait, a country mile... the minute mile? Sorry, I meant a crooked mile.  

20 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

This offense is fine and Sanders will likely be an even bigger factor in the playoffs than he is now.

The biggest mistake this team made was bringing back guys like Feliciano, Darrell Williams, Butler and Addison when most armchair right felt they should have been released/not resigned and money spent elsewhere. And so far the armchair GM's are right as none of these guys are doing much except contributing to the 2 losses we've had so far.

Who out there thought we shouldn't bring back Williams? There was none of that! Would you rather Cody Ford was playing RG LOL also he was struggling a bit at RT but he didn't suddenly forget how to be a good player, it has more to do with Spencer Brown being so good we couldn't keep him off the field.  If that hadn't happened he'd still be playing RT and I'm sure would've found his groove by now. 

Also for the amount he's seen the field Addison has played well. Feliciano is the same player he was last year, a serviceable bridge until we can draft or sign an upgrade, which is certain this offseason. Rome wasn't built in a day!

2 hours ago, T master said:

Now this is just lame.  If you want us to consider a rookie as a potential improvement, look up his damned name.  And while you're at it, spell Kumerow correctly.

Kumerow is on the roster for ST.  He's been getting 65% of the ST snaps every week.   He's a backup WR.  He's not going to get substantial playing time on O unless someone is hurt.

You have yet to explain what exactly you believe was lost? 

Beasley was on the field for 66% of the snaps last season and 67% so far this season.

Davis got substantial snaps last season when Brown was injured, otherwise he saw the field 30-40% of the snaps and is averaging 35% this season.

No changes there.

2 hours ago, T master said:

When you say "is what was lost worth the gain?" you're not talking "just as good", you're implying something was lost.  I ask again, what was lost?

What penalties are you talking about?  The hold on the Knox TD cost us 3 points, but while it was a hold, similar or worse holds on the Henry TD went uncalled.  There's always the element of chance there.  But it was also on 1st and 5, not his fault we couldn't seal the deal on the rest of the downs, and it was his only penalty in the game.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now this is just lame.  If you want us to consider a rookie as a potential improvement, look up his damned name.  And while you're at it, spell Kumerow correctly.

Kumerow is on the roster for ST.  He's been getting 65% of the ST snaps every week.   He's a backup WR.  He's not going to get substantial playing time on O unless someone is hurt.

You have yet to explain what exactly you believe was lost? 

Beasley was on the field for 66% of the snaps last season and 67% so far this season.

Davis got substantial snaps last season when Brown was injured, otherwise he saw the field 30-40% of the snaps and is averaging 35% this season.

No changes there.

When you say "is what was lost worth the gain?" you're not talking "just as good", you're implying something was lost.  I ask again, what was lost?

What penalties are you talking about?  The hold on the Knox TD cost us 3 points, but while it was a hold, similar or worse holds on the Henry TD went uncalled.  There's always the element of chance there.  But it was also on 1st and 5, not his fault we couldn't seal the deal on the rest of the downs, and it was his only penalty in the game.

Hap, you KNOW he rarely/never returns to the turd he drops here.

We have a guideline here that thread starters stay with their thread.  Most observe this as it makes for healthy banter. @T-Master doesn’t as he knows his thread is just to stir the bowl.

Hence, it’s over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2