Emanuel Sanders - is What Was Lost Worth the Gain ?

T master

4 hours ago, T master said:

Just wondering yawls thoughts on Emanuel Sanders do you think it was a good move or a bad one ?

To start with last year we had one of the most potent offenses in the league and all of the WR's from last season had a huge impact on that being so Diggs, Davis, Bease, were all a part of making that production happen 2 of them had their best seasons in their NFL career . Enter Emanuel Sanders .

Now don't get me wrong i love Sanders attitude his veteran leadership especially for any rookies or 2 yr players but now you add the fact that because of Sanders being here it seems that Bease & Davis both have had less playing time then you add the fact that Knox production is up this year and add Kumero into the mix it's almost to much of a good thing .

You take away Sanders Bease is still doing what he did last season for the most part every time he hits the field & i think he could have easily scored the amount of TD's to this point that Sanders has so there is no loss there then too Davis could be on the field more plus the fact it has taken a bit of time for Josh to build chemistry with Sanders which he had with Davis all ready .

Too with out Sanders off the roster Kumero would get more playing time and Diggs production has been taken a back seat since his arrival so i just wonder if his presence is really worth what they have gotten for him ?  

Also if you throw in that last week 2 TD's were called back specifically because of him holding on those plays that game would have been a W instead of a L which is on him . Is all that worth the move bringing him in ?

I think the Bills offense would have been just as good if not better this year with out his acquisition because the chemistry with the players that were already here would have had more on field time to develop even further and he wouldn't be missed at all especially given Knox's production along with Sweeney, Kumero, & Mckenzie don't forget him  .

But that's just me so what do you all think ? Can you have too many good players at 1 position and if he was gone where else might the roster had benefitted by him not being here ?

Like i said i really love his team attitude and all that that brings but i don't think what was lost is worth the gain !

Staying static is how you lose...Every position is contested...Sanders was an excellent addition to this team.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Does the OP have eyeballs? 

To you’re point this happens as overreaction week whenever let down.  You would’ve thought the sky was falling when we’re 4-0 last year and then lose two to the Titans and Chiefs.

We are stronger in many ways than we were last year.  The next three games should be blowouts and we’ll have a ton of

momentum hosting the Colts, playing the Saints (you never which Jameis shows up), and Pats are nothing to be nervous about.

Sanders is a vast upgrade over Brown and we are deeper to counter the mess we had last playoffs with all of the WR injuries.

Its funny this logic by the OP was also brought up on the extra point show this morning.  Dibiasi was polite, but dismissed this notion we have too many weapons.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2

I agree about Bease. Dude was 2nd team all pro. Dabol has simply been running more 2 wide sets. That changed last week and with Knox out a few weeks I expect more 3-4 WR sets.

1st and Cole is great as we saw last gm, expect him to ball put going forward. Davis too will likely see much more playing time with Knox down. 

I hope the Bills continue to add to this offense by drafting skill players.

There are times where Diggs disappears, and it’s handy to have Sanders able to step in.

I don’t have any problem if the Coaching Staff mixes more of Gabe Davis in at the expense of Beasley.

Bills still miss some speed/size element to their receiving group. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Sanders looked like a #1 WR on Monday night.  He was a great addition.  If this offense could run the ball successfully in the red zone, we’d be unstoppable.  

I hope the coaches really get this figured out next year, and the pass rush 

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

My concern with Darrell Williams is exactly what happened in Carolina, after he had an all pro season there at RT he was hurt and also eventually moved to guard where he struggled.  No he has not been the worst player on this oline but his resigning was essentially a one year deal anyway and he's probably gone next year.

As for Feliciano, he was not good last year and even worse this year. I know fans gravitate to his social media tough guy persona but the play on the field has simply not translated.

As for Addison/Butler, they have a combined 1 sack and while Addison has certainly looked better with less snaps in rotation, Butler has been inactive most weeks.

I guess the overall point is that none of these players were/are essential to this teams success and we could have brought in other outside FA's at a reasonable price or pooled the money on an one impact FA that would presumably be making better contributions at these positions or elsewhere.

In fairness I doubt anyone in the Bills front office, coaching staff, or all the arm chair GM's here expected Groot to be playing as well as he has/is or as much.  So from that standpoint, made more sense to bring back Addison and Butler.

I'd love to get inside Beanes head and find out, had he known he was going to draft a def lineman in the first two rounds, would he have re-done Addison's contract.  And to a lesser degree also Butler?

Which then makes me wonder about another question, would the NFL be better off copying the NBA concept of draft, then FA as opposed to how the NFL does FA, then draft.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I hope the Bills continue to add to this offense by drafting skill players.

There are times where Diggs disappears, and it’s handy to have Sanders able to step in.

I don’t have any problem if the Coaching Staff mixes more of Gabe Davis in at the expense of Beasley.

Bills still miss some speed/size element to their receiving group. 

I could see us taking a TE with size in next year's draft. A guy like Noah Gindorff could be a good 4th Rounder depending how good his athleticism measurable a come out.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I'd love to see Beane give Sanders a 2-3 year contract extension.

Sanders could be for this team what James Lofton was for us in the 90's.

If only we had another Thurman Thomas, the best offensive player we had in those years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, T master said:

Just wondering yawls thoughts on Emanuel Sanders do you think it was a good move or a bad one ?

To start with last year we had one of the most potent offenses in the league and all of the WR's from last season had a huge impact on that being so Diggs, Davis, Bease, were all a part of making that production happen 2 of them had their best seasons in their NFL career . Enter Emanuel Sanders .

Now don't get me wrong i love Sanders attitude his veteran leadership especially for any rookies or 2 yr players but now you add the fact that because of Sanders being here it seems that Bease & Davis both have had less playing time then you add the fact that Knox production is up this year and add Kumero into the mix it's almost to much of a good thing .

You take away Sanders Bease is still doing what he did last season for the most part every time he hits the field & i think he could have easily scored the amount of TD's to this point that Sanders has so there is no loss there then too Davis could be on the field more plus the fact it has taken a bit of time for Josh to build chemistry with Sanders which he had with Davis all ready .

Too with out Sanders off the roster Kumero would get more playing time and Diggs production has been taken a back seat since his arrival so i just wonder if his presence is really worth what they have gotten for him ?  

Also if you throw in that last week 2 TD's were called back specifically because of him holding on those plays that game would have been a W instead of a L which is on him . Is all that worth the move bringing him in ?

I think the Bills offense would have been just as good if not better this year with out his acquisition because the chemistry with the players that were already here would have had more on field time to develop even further and he wouldn't be missed at all especially given Knox's production along with Sweeney, Kumero, & Mckenzie don't forget him  .

But that's just me so what do you all think ? Can you have too many good players at 1 position and if he was gone where else might the roster had benefitted by him not being here ?

Like i said i really love his team attitude and all that that brings but i don't think what was lost is worth the gain !

Could you be a little more specific about what exactly was lost, Please?

We cut John Brown, who was injured for much of last season and visibly “not himself” when he did play.

Brown was signed then cut by Las Vegas at the end of preseason and has been without a team until Denver signed him to the PS about a week ago.  The league perception seems to be that physically he’s not what he was somehow.

Meanwhile after 6 games Sanders has 24 catches for 413 yds.  

At 6 games last season, Brown had 14 receptions for 194 yds.  

Are you trying to argue that keeping Brown (“what was lost”) would have been better?

Are you trying to argue that keeping Brown would have been better than signing Sanders?  

Or what exactly is your point?

Yes...YES!  Sanders's existence cutting in to "Kumero's" playing time is a huge loss!!!  lol....He's a scrub.

Bills Offense is averaging 3 PPG more than last season.  

Yes, Josh is struggling to establish chemistry with Sanders....to the tune of 413 yards (2nd of all receivers) at 17+ per and 4 TDs!  

"Now don't get me wrong, I" love me some T master threads.  The man ALWAYS delivers....!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Really appreciate what Smoke did for the Bills and Josh’s development, but I love Sanders. Worthy upgrade, better all around player, experienced leader, and excellent fit for this team. He keeps this up, I’d love to have him back. 

Exactly, Smoke is still on the PS. He's smoked now. There's not much in the tank. Maybe he needs to heal up still, but he's not effective and definitely not outplaying Sanders.