Jim Kubiak: How Bills used unique RPO concepts; how Titans made Josh Allen uncomfortable

Hapless Bills Fan

On 10/20/2021 at 9:51 PM, the_D said:

What I took away from this, and I only read OPs quotes, is that Allen was trying to make too many big plays. Which honestly seems like his m.o.

He has been learning to go with what the Defense gives him, he just need to do it more often. 

I really feel, had he hit those shorter passes,  they could have extended more drives, took more time off the clock and so on. 

I have no doubt that this game will help him even more in making that adjustment, taking what is given and not trying to force it.

The big thing Josh is gonna learn is if he takes the short stuff the defenses will have to adjust and once they have to defend the whole field Josh will get his splash plays as he picks them apart short and long.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

The big thing Josh is gonna learn is if he takes the short stuff the defenses will have to adjust and once they have to defend the whole field Josh will get his splash plays as he picks them apart short and long.

Most of us thought he learned that last season.  Seems he forgot.  

On 10/20/2021 at 9:01 PM, Einstein said:

If that was Allen uncomfortable, that’s scary.

74%, 370+ total yards, 3 TD’s.

As  John Fina , prior bills tackle in the super bowl years , said on his podcast , those stats mean nothing. Sure they look good but in reality Josh shock have had a completion percentage above 80% and chose to not throw. Multiple times to wide open receivers in the short zones and keep mixing the chains.  It’s about scoring and the W , not the stats you are bragging about as being proof that Josh is above criticism.   We lost and we shouldn’t have to a team that injury riddled!  

Also on the final sneak it’s true dawkins s beaten badly , and as Fina points out , Josh took an unnecessary hop step to the left which is something you are never taught in a qb sneak. You drive forward and if you review the film from above , Morse and Williams had driven their guys back into the ENDZONE , and if Josh had just not hopped  to his left there was an easy path to the first down and even a possible td.  As Fina said , 70% of the failure of that play was on Josh not just using his size and power to get a few inches and I believe a lineman who has been in the teaching rooms over all the pundits on here who are such homers at times they can’t face facts that Josh needs better situational awareness at times and still Can improve. . The proof is in the scoreboard, it was an L,  not the silly stats that mean nothing concerning the final outcome.  Try keeping a more open mind and not letting your fan boy over ride rational thought and perhaps get some help with analysis from guys who have actually been in those situations.  🤔😀We all love Josh , but he still causes lots of drives to stall with some intellectual breakdowns and hopefully he will actually do what he says in his pressers when he constantly repeats  “ I have to be better , I can’t do that”!  We’ve heard  a lot over the prior 3 years.  He just needs to develop consistency and he could become Brady like in his career. 

• Shocked 1

9 hours ago, DrPJax said:

As  John Fina , prior bills tackle in the super bowl years , said on his podcast , those stats mean nothing. Sure they look good but in reality Josh shock have had a completion percentage above 80% and chose to not throw. Multiple times to wide open receivers in the short zones and keep mixing the chains.  It’s about scoring and the W , not the stats you are bragging about as being proof that Josh is above criticism.   We lost and we shouldn’t have to a team that injury riddled!  

Also on the final sneak it’s true dawkins s beaten badly , and as Fina points out , Josh took an unnecessary hop step to the left which is something you are never taught in a qb sneak. You drive forward and if you review the film from above , Morse and Williams had driven their guys back into the ENDZONE , and if Josh had just not hopped  to his left there was an easy path to the first down and even a possible td.  As Fina said , 70% of the failure of that play was on Josh not just using his size and power to get a few inches and I believe a lineman who has been in the teaching rooms over all the pundits on here who are such homers at times they can’t face facts that Josh needs better situational awareness at times and still Can improve. . The proof is in the scoreboard, it was an L,  not the silly stats that mean nothing concerning the final outcome.  Try keeping a more open mind and not letting your fan boy over ride rational thought and perhaps get some help with analysis from guys who have actually been in those situations.  🤔😀We all love Josh , but he still causes lots of drives to stall with some intellectual breakdowns and hopefully he will actually do what he says in his pressers when he constantly repeats  “ I have to be better , I can’t do that”!  We’ve heard  a lot over the prior 3 years.  He just needs to develop consistency and he could become Brady like in his career. 

Josh didn’t hop to his left on accident. That was the play call. The blocking was pushing to the right to open up the C gap for Josh. Dawkins got beat so badly that the C gap didn’t exist.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.