Bills TE Dawson Knox out a few weeks following surgery on broken hand

muppy

35 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Pretty certain on Saturday preceeding game, ie: same timing if we were to call up a player from PS usually by 4pm preceeding a 1pm kickoff

That makes sense to me

So Bills have no motivation to tip their hand with IR or PS callups until Saturday Oct 30th, by which time they will have a lot of info on how Knox hand is healing.

39 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is where I wish we had Hollister over Gilliam.

This is where we find out if Beane & Co knew what TF they were doing when they kept Sweeney over Hollister.

• Agree 2

Sitting on the Bills practice squad

TE Kahale Warring, 6'5" 242lbs - drafted in the 3rd round of the 2019 draft.

Kahale Warring TE San Diego State - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

Kahale Warring Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Kahale Warring NFL Draft 2019: Scouting Report for Houston Texans' Pick | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

draft rhetoric........".....Exciting and ascending, Warring is still a relative newcomer to the game, but he has the size, speed and athleticism to become a versatile, high-impact player on the pro level. He has the competitiveness to handle run-blocking duties and the talent to line up in the slot..."

sounds good to me.

(not sure why links didn't embed just titles ack)

m

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Muppy said:

Sitting on the Bills practice squad

TE Kahale Warring, 6'5" 242lbs - drafted in the 3rd round of the 2019 draft.

Kahale Warring TE San Diego State - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

Kahale Warring Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Kahale Warring NFL Draft 2019: Scouting Report for Houston Texans' Pick | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

draft rhetoric........".....Exciting and ascending, Warring is still a relative newcomer to the game, but he has the size, speed and athleticism to become a versatile, high-impact player on the pro level. He has the competitiveness to handle run-blocking duties and the talent to line up in the slot..."

sounds good to me.

(not sure why links didn't embed just titles ack)

m

The mystery on Kahale Warring is why, for a 3rd round pick higher than Knox from the same draft, he's contributed so little.  We kvetched about Knox in 2019 and 2020, Warring makes him look prolific.

KW spent 2019 on Texans IR with a concussion (not usually a season ending injury, so probably a "stash") and the first 2 months of 2020 on IR before doing...not much.  7 targets in 7 games, 3 catches for 35 yds.  Waived at the end of 2021 camp.  Had the distinction of being waived by 3 teams in 10 days this Aug/Sept before the Bills signed him to their PS.  It sounds as though he's very raw, maybe more raw than Knox which is a scary thought.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That leaves us with just Tommy Sweeney for the time being. Hope he steps up. Wonder who comes up from the Practice Squad? Is it Quintin Morris or Kahale Warring? Warring is intriguing. He was taken the same year and same round as Dawson, but drafted higher. With us bringing him on our Squad post Training Camp - he was obviously someone Beane liked coming out. Wonder if he would have been taken instead of Dawson Knox if he were still on the board?

Warring was a similar type prospect back then but the issues he has had mean he hasn't had the on field development that Dawson has. I suspect what they do is not promoted anyone if Dawson is not going on IR and instead just use their free elevations for Warring and Morris while Sweeney starts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

also notice that Josh could have kept it and run that one in around the right-side of the D fairly easily, this was also our last scoring play, no points in 4th qtr despite moving the ball fairly well...the last play where Josh got stopped had no element of surprise and Simmons sold-out on it; RPO, tackle eligible, roll-to-the-right and run or throw,etc...sigh

17 hours ago, Maynard said:

I broke my hand a few years ago. Had to have 3 pins inserted as well. I never had a cast and was told to get moving it around immediately. I was good to go in 3-4 weeks with me exercising it constantly.

I separated the bones between my pinky and index finger in my hand.

Granted, I wasn’t catching balls from Allen, but was lifting weights and doing things normally again within 3-4 weeks. 

Exact thing happened to me some years back.  People always say "pins" but usually means screws.  I had 3 small screws implanted.

19 hours ago, Estro said:

They're not going to IR him. IR is 3 games missed not weeks, which is too long for this injury. Dr. CHAO who I follow on twitter says there's a chance he could eb back in time for our next game vs. The Dolphins if not likely the following week.

Perhaps the Bills play it safe and sit him another gane, but it sounds like Dolpphons or the week after is likely.

The next three games are Dolphins, Jags, Jets.  I don't think we need to rush Knox back for those games.  IR him, let him recover fully, and let's see what Warring or Sweeney can do in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Any complications?  Any screws loose?

🤔😇

Nope.  Dr. recommended leaving them in.  It's been 20 years now with no issues.  When I had the surgery I was playing a lot of guitar

back then (finger board hand) and he told me no "physical therapy" could be better than that.  He had me playing the next week.

Side note:  My company manufactured the screws and my best friend was the lead man for the area that made those particular screws!

I told him they better work after the surgery and they did.  LOL.

23 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That leaves us with just Tommy Sweeney for the time being. Hope he steps up. Wonder who comes up from the Practice Squad? Is it Quintin Morris or Kahale Warring? Warring is intriguing. He was taken the same year and same round as Dawson, but drafted higher. With us bringing him on our Squad post Training Camp - he was obviously someone Beane liked coming out. Wonder if he would have been taken instead of Dawson Knox if he were still on the board?

I really liked Morris' play at BGSU, he seems to replace the pass catching ability that we lose with Knox.  Warring is also intreaguing.  I also wonder if we see Gilliam lined up at TE?  

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

20211021_134139.jpg

what is this from?  Is he really flipping someone off?  Who?  

46 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I really liked Morris' play at BGSU, he seems to replace the pass catching ability that we lose with Knox.  Warring is also intreaguing.  I also wonder if we see Gilliam lined up at TE?  

what is this from?  Is he really flipping someone off?  Who?  

This is from when he threw the pass for the 2 pt conversion 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.