Bills TE Dawson Knox out a few weeks following surgery on broken hand

muppy

1 hour ago, Estro said:

They're not going to IR him. IR is 3 games missed not weeks, which is too long for this injury. Dr. CHAO who I follow on twitter says there's a chance he could eb back in time for our next game vs. The Dolphins if not likely the following week.

Perhaps the Bills play it safe and sit him another gane, but it sounds like Dolpphons or the week after is likely.

I would take the word of people on the Bills or who are in contact with Knox over Dr. David Chao.  Upthread we heard 3-4 weeks, which does not make IR unreasonable.  Yolo just posted a bout a similar injury with a timeframe 2-4 weeks.  So it's a tradeoff between having him possibly miss a game he could play (that 3rd game), vs. having another player on the roster for 2 games Knox will miss if not IR'd and able to make the earlier timeline.

Chao has an...ahem.."colorful" past: "he had two alcohol-related driving incidents, was subject to a DEA investigation, was reportedly sued 20 times between 1998-2011 and the NFLPA demanded he step down as a result of repeated negligence" "In 2010, DEA agents searched Chao’s offices because they alleged he had written 108 prescriptions to himself since 2008. The probe eventually closed without charges when he was, “now in compliance.” "In 2013, two San Diego-area hospitals barred him from performing surgery on the premises."  (I don't think hospitals ever revoke a physician's privileges without strong cause)

Whether or not you're troubled by the new celebrity status of someone with that past, the point remains that he's "diagnosing from afar" with "not getting any leaked information from people inside the league."   Details make a difference in the timing of return from injury.

The Bye week doesn't count in either case, so I expect the Bills to wait until after the Bye and see how he's progressing, they don't have a need to make a decision until they decide if they need space on the 53 man roster.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is great.  Knox "shot putted" the pass to Allen!!!!

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3389633/ultimate-football-guy-move-bills-te-dawson-knox-broke-a-bone-in-his-hand-didnt-leave-the-game-until-he-threw-a-successful-2-point-conversion

My favorite part of that film clip is Mike Vrabel's expression after the play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is great.  Knox "shot putted" the pass to Allen!!!!

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3389633/ultimate-football-guy-move-bills-te-dawson-knox-broke-a-bone-in-his-hand-didnt-leave-the-game-until-he-threw-a-successful-2-point-conversion

My favorite part of that film clip is Mike Vrabel's expression after the play.

Vrabel deserved it after his BS forward pass. I hope he loses the rest of his games this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Vrabel deserved it after his BS forward pass. I hope he loses the rest of his games this year. 

I'm confused why people are upset about it?

Is it a troll move? Probably, but it was a creative call nevertheless.

If the guy who caught the punt had one more second to throw it, it would have been a massive play for the Titans.

I believe the cowboys did a similar play to Pittsburgh last year and got like a 70 yard play out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

If the guy who caught the punt had one more second to throw it, it would have been a massive play for the Titans.

I believe the cowboys did a similar play to Pittsburgh last year and got like a 70 yard play out of it.

Because he’s a dbag, always has been

I broke my hand a few years ago. Had to have 3 pins inserted as well. I never had a cast and was told to get moving it around immediately. I was good to go in 3-4 weeks with me exercising it constantly.

I separated the bones between my pinky and index finger in my hand.

Granted, I wasn’t catching balls from Allen, but was lifting weights and doing things normally again within 3-4 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Because he’s a dbag, always has been

I definitely agree with that.

I just don't have a problem with that play personally and I'm not sure why people are angry with it.

Sure it's probably a troll move, but at the end of the day he's trying to win a football game and it almost turned out to be a huge play for them.

If he did it when they were up huge in the 4th, then I would understand the anger.

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Because it seemed like he saved it to

Run against us knowing about the Music City Miracle—- almost to rub in our faces. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Then why didn't he do it in 2018, 2019, or last year in prime time against us?

Who knows? But i do know the build up to this game with the music city miracle references all Week was super heightened. I don’t remember it being played up as much the last few times we played these guys. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Who knows? But i do know the build up to this game with the music city miracle references all Week was super heightened. I don’t remember it being played up as much the last few times we played these guys. 

But I mean, that doesn't really fit your argument when you said he was saving it for this specific moment. How would he possibly know in 2018, 2019 or last year that the 2021 would be the big hype game? Lol, if you know what I'm saying.

I think it's getting so overblown.

Like he probably did want to do it against us.

But at the end of the day he's trying to win a football game.

He wouldn't have called it if he thought it wouldn't have a chance to be successful.

And it was 1 second away from being a massive play.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone know when a team has to place a player on IR in order for the next game they would have played (if not on IR) to count?

I know a rules guru if he checks in I guarantee a knowledgable response

@Tuco

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.