Bills TE Dawson Knox out a few weeks following surgery on broken hand

muppy

Just now, Figster said:

Explains why the ball came off his hand like he was slinging it without any grip.

Thanks for the update my friend. Cheers

I was surprised to see this article I didnt even know he had surgery. Ive been feeling hunkered down after the loss on Monday. Not like grieving but it felt like a gut punch kind of loss for me. ouch. They'll be back better than before after the bye.

Cheers matey 🙂

m

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

That leaves us with just Tommy Sweeney for the time being. Hope he steps up. Wonder who comes up from the Practice Squad? Is it Quintin Morris or Kahale Warring? Warring is intriguing. He was taken the same year and same round as Dawson, but drafted higher. With us bringing him on our Squad post Training Camp - he was obviously someone Beane liked coming out. Wonder if he would have been taken instead of Dawson Knox if he were still on the board?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That leaves us with just Tommy Sweeney for the time being. Hope he steps up. Wonder who comes up from the Practice Squad? Is it Quintin Morris or Kahale Warring? Warring is intriguing. He was taken the same year and same round as Dawson, but drafted higher. With us bringing him on our Squad post Training Camp - he was obviously someone Beane liked coming out. Wonder if he would have been taken instead of Dawson Knox if he were still on the board?

I'd rather see Morris.

***CRINGE***** no Im not happy he will be out thats my boy right there.......Sweeney will step up though

I experienced a severely broken wrist which including surgery rehab etc a good 6 months recovery clearly this is not a severe break...? ack

poopie. 

Edited by Muppy

24 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Bills TE Dawson Knox out a few weeks following surgery on broken hand (nfl.com)

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-te-dawson-knox-broken-bone-in-hand-not-expected-to-miss-much-time

heal up Fast Dawson.  Sweeney gets some more playing time.

Don't take this as a problem as the thread had kind of drifted, but the info is already here:

Let the record show we had the gouge that Knox was in surgery and expected to be out 3-4 weeks while McDermott was giving his Tuesday interview, waiting for updates. 👍

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I was surprised to see this article I didnt even know he had surgery. Ive been feeling hunkered down after the loss on Monday. Not like grieving but it felt like a gut punch kind of loss for me. ouch. They'll be back better than before after the bye.

Cheers matey 🙂

m

I did at 1st also with the not like grieving stomach punch, but after giving it a day or two to sink in, I feel its better to experience this now then in the playoffs.

Buffalo will become a better team in the process IMO.

18 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'm currently in a cast for six weeks, following surgery on my right hand. Hope Knox's Doc is a miracle worker.

OK, who got punched after the game.

If you answer my grandma, you might be a redneck.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If he is out for a few weeks IR him and add a vet to replace him ASAP. Maybe sign Richard Rodgers off the Eagles PS now to get him acclimated to the playbook and ready to play against Miami.

I mean if they're confident it'll take him 4 weeks to come back sure, other wise probably wait and see how things are going next week before making the decision.

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't take this as a problem as the thread had kind of drifted, but the info is already here:

Let the record show we had the gouge that Knox was in surgery and expected to be out 3-4 weeks while McDermott was giving his Tuesday interview, waiting for updates. 👍

maybe merge the threads? ...sorry about that.

50 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'm currently in a cast for six weeks, following surgery on my right hand. Hope Knox's Doc is a miracle worker.

Just might be *g*

No seriously - paging @Mr. WEO, this is to his lane, and just my understanding subject to correction.

There are two major reasons to have immediate surgery on your hand:

1) you smashed the ***** out of the thing and need surgery to put the pieces in the same zip code with each other and keep them there

2) you're an elite athlete and you hope to speed healing by fixing the bones in optimal alignment and providing extra strength and support while they heal

Everyone else gets stuck in a cast for a couple weeks while the swelling goes down and a better assessment takes place.

Given what's been said about the timeline I'm guessing Knox is in the 2nd category.  I've heard of athletes getting back on the field in as little as 2 weeks post surgery, but that wasn't a sport with as high, violent contact as football.  We heard 3-4 weeks, but I'm guessing he'll maybe be able to take the cast or brace off and start doing PT in 2-3 weeks and he'll need a couple of weeks to strengthen and recover - and he'll probably have to figure out how to play in some kind of a brace or support for a few weeks longer. 

My kid had a custom-molded hand splint that was made to allow her to play the flute when she broke a finger playing volleyball.  She successfully auditioned for State band that year, wearing the brace.

5 minutes ago, Muppy said:

maybe merge the threads? ...sorry about that.

No worries, like I said the other thread had drifted............... into an argument about Lamar Jackson (of all things)!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

Cheers matey 🙂

m

Same. i had to take a break from this place and all sports media for a full 24 hours. Now, i’m back, baby!! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They're not going to IR him. IR is 3 games missed not weeks, which is too long for this injury. Dr. CHAO who I follow on twitter says there's a chance he could eb back in time for our next game vs. The Dolphins if not likely the following week.

Perhaps the Bills play it safe and sit him another gane, but it sounds like Dolpphons or the week after is likely.

17 minutes ago, Estro said:

They're not going to IR him. IR is 3 games missed not weeks, which is too long for this injury. Dr. CHAO who I follow on twitter says there's a chance he could eb back in time for our next game vs. The Dolphins if not likely the following week.

Perhaps the Bills play it safe and sit him another gane, but it sounds like Dolpphons or the week after is likely.

I thought it was 3 weeks? I could be wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.