Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How does the press know that Flores has the biggest say in football decisions, when it's rumored that Flores wanted Herbert over Tua and wanted to stay with Fitz instead of pulling him to start tua?

Personally I think Flores needs to channel a bit more Belicheck there.  "I already addressed that question - I won't discuss rumors.  Any questions about Buffalo?" and then just keep reiterating "I'm here to discuss Sunday's game.  Any questions about Sunday's game?"

They are rumors.  No way to know what's true unless its the horses mouth.  Nix and Whaley really wanted Wilson but thought he would be there later.  Story came out after Wilson made a super bowl.  Whaley really wanted every good QB that was drafted.  Stories came out after they shown to be good.

I don't buy any of that.  Want the QB then get the QB.  Don't pass the QB then claim he was wanted with some excuse as to why they weren't taken AFTER they light up the league.

Maybe its true maybe its not but the sports media, most media really, puts out more garbage than truth.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They are rumors.  No way to know what's true unless its the horses mouth.  Nix and Whaley really wanted Wilson but thought he would be there later.  Story came out after Wilson made a super bowl.  Whaley really wanted every good QB that was drafted.  Stories came out after they shown to be good.

I don't buy any of that.  Want the QB then get the QB.  Don't pass the QB then claim he was wanted with some excuse as to why they weren't taken AFTER they light up the league.

Maybe its true maybe its not but the sports media, most media really, puts out more garbage than truth.

Nix really did want Wilson but thought he would last another round. 

On Tua.... it doesn't matter whether it is Flores or Grier.... the owner decided on Tua. Simple as that. 

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree Flores is in a tough spot with the media, but I think the right move there is to "cowboy up".  Stand tall, smile, look them in the eye, call the reporters by name. 

Say something like "I am the head coach.  I'm here to answer your questions about our next football game in Buffalo this Sunday.  I can have no comment on player personnel matters.  We're playing the Bills in Buffalo in 2 days, I'll be happy to take questions about that."  and then just broken-record variants of the last sentence. 

It's really his demeanor, more than anything, which doesn't play well - the defensive posture clutching the edges of the podium, the hat shading his eyes, his eyes looking off to the side, his shoulders slumping. 

This X 1000%.

The way he is acting the refusing to look the reporters in the eye.  The repeated grasping at the podium and hiding his eyes - all scream lies.  If you can’t/don’t want to address the rumors- at least stand there and be honest - most media will at least respect that and move on a bit faster.

His posture and actions invited more questions because it just looked like he was not telling the truth.  The pauses - the double talk - the aggressive repeating of the questions - they all scream there is something else here - let’s dig at it.

Even when McDermott was getting grilled with the uncomfortable COVID questions - the way he would respond (even when he would give no real answer) made it less of an issue.  This is an internal discussion - we believe the players have a choice - we provide info and let the choose - etc. No real response, but he answered them took the next question with them and moved forward.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

As I said - I can’t say and won’t speculate.  

He has been considered the best source for the team in the past for years.  I am not sure that changes just because the coach/team is starting to fall apart.

No doubt - Armando was a top Dolphins reporter for years and still has a Miami press credential.  Not sure why he left to work for an alt-outlet like Outkick.  

Who knows the truth behind the Miami situation?  The only thing we know is that this press conference was not the best look for Flores or anyone in the organization 

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Wat son deal (update - could still happen prior to trade deadline 11/2)
1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

They drated Tua over Herbert...

Yeah that's pretty bad even without hindsight.  I don't watch college ball and have no idea how good or bad QBs are going into the draft.  I do know that Tua is a small guy and had a pretty bad injury so that would have red flagged me without knowing anything.

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - unlikely prior to trade deadline)
  • YoloinOhio changed the title to Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

That Front Office and Coaching Staff in Miami has to be fired at the end of the season - right?

I mean basically they have been infighting about who drafted Tua versus who wanted Herbert.

Then the entire Watson fiasco.

I know the owner is mostly to blame, but you are not firing him - so is it reboot time?

Just now, Process said:

I highly doubt a trade was ever as close as the media made it seem. It's been very obvious that he is not tradeable at this point.

I disagree.  I think it went down the way it’s been reported.  Miami wanted contingencies which Houston was unwilling or couldn’t produce.  Why else would they not shoot down the rumor like Carolina did?