Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

According to Schefter where?  Don't see it on the real Adam Schefter account. 

His last on the topic was to re-tweet Marcel LJ quote of Flores "Tua is our QB"

The dreaded “vote of confidence.” I think that seals the deal. 😛

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I read it yesterday. The only way it keeps you off the field is the exempt list. Which takes me back to my point.... he isn't on it and he should be. ttkef

Until the legal issues are settled in court, the NFL will not begin their investigation into Watson nor will they place him on the commissioners exempt list.

28 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Until the legal issues are settled in court, the NFL will not begin their investigation into Watson nor will they place him on the commissioners exempt list.

I dont think that is true

Investigations – Whenever the league office becomes aware of a possible violation of the Personal Conduct Policy, it will undertake an investigation, the timing and scope of which will be based upon the particular circumstances of the matter.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I read it yesterday. The only way it keeps you off the field is the exempt list. Which takes me back to my point.... he isn't on it and he should be. 

And they can put him on it at anytime.  There is nothing in there that states they can't just because they havent

• Agree 1

I really hope the fish trade for him. Flores is already on the verge of losing the team and this would admit they forfeit this season and next. The PR nightmare would be a whole other thing to deal with for the locker room and organization.

not only that, but to forfeit all of those picks too? That franchise would be set back another half decade or so. They already lost their first round pick to the eagles this year, imagine them not having firsts for the next couple years, no QB for the next couple years, and a brand new front office and coaching staff.

Hell it’s like they’d become the Texans! Bill Obrien must be working in that organization somewhere 

I also wanted to add that I was right, Flores is a terrible manager. Some of y’all laughed at me liked idiots so I wanted to say I told you so.

that man has been nothing but toxic for that organization and has set them back for years. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

And they can put him on it at anytime.  There is nothing in there that states they can't just because they havent

No not expressly but by law they have to apply their own discipline policy in a rational way. So if they haven't yet and now want to they need a better explanation than "we we didn't think we needed to before." 

3 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

In which case if traded he will play.

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Agreed and the moment he leaves the Texans he will be put on it.

As I have been trying to explain though the league are potentially in difficult territory doing that if nothing has changed in his legal case. The league doesn't have cart blanche to do what it wants discipline wise. It has to apply its own policy fairly and rationally. Either what is known is bad enough that he goes on the list or it isn't. Once you start throwing factors like "well was he likely to play or not" in then you are getting subjective and rationality becomes trickier. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Wouldn't it be an absolute PR nightmare to trade for a guy with all of these allegations out there?

How would the social conscious NFL feel about a team fielding a QB that has these allegations against him?

It makes no sense to me that a team will trade for him until, or if, his legal issues are settled.

In South Florida this behavior is normal, just ask Robert Kraft.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

As I have been trying to explain though the league are potentially in difficult territory doing that if nothing has changed in his legal case. The league doesn't have cart blanche to do what it wants discipline wise. It has to apply its own policy fairly and rationally. Either what is known is bad enough that he goes on the list or it isn't. Once you start throwing factors like "well was he likely to play or not" in then you are getting subjective and rationality becomes trickier. 

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the league hasn’t made a decision about Watson because it doesn’t have to make a decision about Watson. With the Texans content to pay him to not play and with Watson content to not play and get paid for it, the NFL has no reason to do anything about it. He’s already on paid leave

The NFL hasn't put him on the list because they haven't had to. It's rationally fine. Im sure the NFL was in contact with the Texans over the situation from the beginning.  Im sure the Texans told him that Watson would sit, get paid, and not play a down of Texans football.  That is essentially the same as a commissioners exempt list.  Once the situation changes the NFL can act if it wants to.  There is nothing stopping them from doing so.  It's fair and rational.  All the league has to say is Watson was handled by the team and that is no longer the case so we are handling it.  Using better speak than that of course.

• Like (+1) 4