Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It is…but it isn’t.  Plenty of high profile organizations have suspended or cut ties with an employee when so many allegations like this have surfaced.  

You have to consider the current climate when it comes to this topic as well as the sensitivity to this issue.  I’d be shocked if Watson was back anytime soon

Every situation is walking on eggshells at this point with the NFL when it comes stuff like this.  They are going to keep everyone away with a 20 ft pole if they think it's going to be bad for the league.  The issue with a player is it will hurt the team, therefore the owner and then cause issues between Roger and the owner.  At least in this situation, I think the Texans are playing it safe by making him inactive so the team isn't hurt nor is the league (at least in appearance anyways).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

so obvious. Texans leaking info to generate a market. I bet they are negotiating with like Philly and are trying to squeeze them For more.

Very possible… but if you are Miami and these reports surfaced about your “franchise QB” wouldn’t you want to get ahead of this and shoot everything down?  I get the feeling they are discussing things

Just now, JohnNord said:

Very possible… but if you are Miami and these reports surfaced about your “franchise QB” wouldn’t you want to get ahead of this and shoot everything down?  I get the feeling they are discussing things

Agreed. I wonder if they are leaving the door open, but aren’t in active discussions. 

This is a fascinating negotiating posture for this trade. There is an incentive by everyone to do it now, but also an incentive to wait until deshaun’s situation clears up.  Tons of risk for everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Can I just say how happy I am that we are finally not one of the teams that would be thrown out there as desperate to trade for him? Even Cleveland  radio was   fielding calls today about wanting to trade for him because he would be an “upgrade”…. It was not long ago, folks…

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope you are right!

Yolo, what I mean is even if he was traded how many days before playing?  Will he be immediately placed on exempt list?  Would the team be ready?  What impact would he have on a team that is disheveled?  Last year he had a banner stat year and they won 4 games.

They have zero pass rush, their man corners are having to hold forever their WR’s.  The impact with Watson will come next year and even more the year after.  He’ll make the fins better but not in two weeks.  Just my two cents.

Miami probably working with the league to see where they stand on Watson...if he will put on a no play list then why do this trade makes no sense at all if he can not play....you would have to have some assurance Watson would be allowed to play by the commish

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This would be less than ideal, but will he even be able to play? 

Not really worried about this guy on the Dolphins. Miami is such a mess right now, he is basically going from one bad situation to another and bringing his massage baggage with him.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1