Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

You sound surprised.

One is a top 5 QB that generates millions of dollars for the NFL, the other is Jon Gruden - and Gruden wasn't fired, he resigned.

Also, Gruden's issues were well documented, by himself.  Right now this is a criminal investigation with Watson so until there is a resolution with the case, it's all basically hearsay.

12 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Would you take Tua if you were Houston's GM?  I wouldn't.  If Houston takes Tua, their GM is worse than O'Brien

If they got a bunch of draft picks as well, that would be a home run. Tua can hold down the fort till they get a real QB.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

On what basis would they do that? Legally the League has to follow its own rules. Once it decides things for expedience it gets itself in trouble in the courts.

The league does have to follow the rules.  The rules however don't say that the league can't go to Miami and say "listen, if you are thinking about trading for him and playing for him, you might not like the outcome".

high level meeting stuff right there.

• Like (+1) 3

This all stinks of Houston trying to ramp up the price before the deadline.  

They will get more competition and better offers if they do this in the off season. 

Of course if the POS vetos anywhere he doesn't deem worthy of his royalty it's irrelevant.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Headed to Texans? Feels like he would be part of the deal. 

Could be. The Texans have done dumb things, but I don’t think they are that stupid. If I’m them, all I want is draft picks.

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Also, Gruden's issues were well documented, by himself.  Right now this is a criminal investigation with Watson so until there is a resolution with the case, it's all basically hearsay.

It is…but it isn’t.  Plenty of high profile organizations have suspended or cut ties with an employee when so many allegations like this have surfaced.  

You have to consider the current climate when it comes to this topic as well as the sensitivity to this issue.  I’d be shocked if Watson was back anytime soon

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Personally, I'd love to see the Dolphins trade a ton of draft picks for Watson.  I think it would tank their franchise for the foreseeable future.  Watson is a very good quarterback, but he's not good enough to turn a crappy team into a playoff team.  I also believe that Watson is never going to be the same player after this...it's going to be a massive distraction and he's going to be the focus of protests, jokes, innuendo, etc...This is the guy you're going to make the face of your franchise?  Really? There also may be drama surrounding Tua, but I suppose he would just go to Houston as part of the trade.  I just can't see this ending well for the Dolphins...   

So basically the football version of Tiger Woods after the cheating scandal

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 2

I’ve been wondering if Miami might panic after their brutal start and trade for Watson.

Their GM is in his 4th or 5th season and the rebuild looks like a total failure right now so I’m guessing the seat is getting pretty hot.

Edited by BillsFan4