Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

Miami is desperate but even if this gets done it's highly likely he'll be ready to start next week against the Bills.

Also isn't the league basically waiting to suspend him? They pretty much said they didn't have to take action now because he's been sitting idle in Houston inactive every week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Miami is desperate but even if this gets done it's highly likely he'll be ready to start next week against the Bills.

Also isn't the league basically waiting to suspend him? They pretty much said they didn't have to take action now because he's been sitting idle in Houston inactive every week.

Carson Palmer played for the Raiders the week he was traded, IIRC. 

I think the best case scenario for Watson is he is traded; pays a boatload of money to settle all 21

lawsuits; and then gets hit with like a 6-game suspension or something along those lines. 

Edit: Ben R got a 6-game suspension for his sex assault

allegations (later reduced to 4 games).

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Is this “could” like there has been buzz from both sides to the reporter?

or “could” like “nothing is technically impossible”?

He’s the #1 source on all things Texans 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I can’t believe that he wouldn’t land on the Commissioner’s exempt list if a team intends to play him. 

Technically I don’t think they’ve ever put a player on the list pre-hearing. Which isn’t scheduled until February I believe, But it’s arbitrary so roger can still do it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

doesnt change his NFL-recommended pay-him-but-don't-play-him  status unless the legal charges pending against suddenly disappear like money from his bank account in an out-of-court settlement which could be some kind of perfect storm of sorts...

He will certainly face some kind of suspension, regardless of a settlement or conviction. If the NFL doesn’t stand up against him for what he’s done, then they have no legs to stand on when it comes to player discipline.