Trade Deadline Discussion

ngbills

Just now, TheProcess said:

I’d love a trade that nets us a capable guard. They need to look long and hard at that position this off-season. Feliciano isn’t the answer. 

Yep, any trade we consider has to be IOL.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think the backs are the problem in the run game. They're both fine. It's the interior of the o-line.

Yeah it's the blocking.    The backs are ordinary,  but fine.

As @ngbills mentioned above.........a guy like Andrew Norwell would be a big upgrade.    Lotta' money to fit under the cap but that LG position might be the biggest weakness on the team right now.    Maybe put a stud next to Morse and that will keep him serviceable for the rest of the season if not give the team the chance to give Feliciano(he is a much better center) or Bates some run at center.     I hate using early picks on interior OL,  plucking established players in UFA is a sweet spot for that and this would sorta be like doing that.   McBeane know Norwell.   Former All Pro with Panthers.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Any chance there's some huge, ugly, nasty, beast of an offensive lineman we could trade for?

While I'm asking, are there maybe 2 or 3 of these?

same, on DL.  

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Normally, I like standing pat. But I do think they should look for an upgrade at guard. I wonder if the Texans have anyone good they would move as part of their fire sale. 

interesting.  Meanwhile, Whitney M (DE) is a FA.  Pick him up.  

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I'd make any of Hughes, Addison, Butler, Obada and Oliver available via trade.

Not sure if they'd move Hughes for sentimental reasons.  Not sure anyone even wants Hughes or Addison with their price tag.  

Obada for a late pick is probably all we'd get.  

I'd move Oliver in a player for player trade if it brings back IOL or CB2.  I don't think his production, while solid, is necessary to this teams Super Bowl aspirations, and I see him as a 50/50 probability of us re-signing down the line. 

Hayden Hurst would be a nice fill in for Knox, and compliment to Knox.   Given how effective our 11 personnel has been, I think having two TE's that are threats makes sense. 

I expect they are potentially shopping some of their excess D Line...but I would suggest they would let go of Philips before Oliver.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Do you think Levi has troubles with physical WRs? Can he man up when needed?

He has done well this season against physical WRs too.  And to be fair, physical WRs are hard for any CB to cover 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If the Eagles have accepted they need to rebuild I would give Singletary and a 3rd for Miles Sanders. My kingdom for a RB that can hit the window and go.

I don’t get the Eagles.  Every week they treat Miles as if he doesn’t exist the entire game until the final drive or two.  Complete waste of talent, I would be all over a trade for him if he was available.  And I don’t think we are even bad at RB, just that Miles is one of the most under used guys in the league and super talented 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Levi is having a great seasons, what’s this obsession everyone has with trading for a CB2 still?  He’s been very good

He's been fine  but he's still very upgradeable and can be a liability at times in man coverage. I don't think trading for a CB2 puts us over the top this year but I definitely wouldn't mind drafting and developing someone with a higher ceiling.

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think the backs are the problem in the run game. They're both fine. It's the interior of the o-line.

Bills aren't going to run a ton to begin with.

And when they do, agree issue is more blocking up front than RB.

So yeah upgrading RB position seems a waste unless it's free.

8 hours ago, ngbills said:

Thread for discussing potential trade targets and deals. Not intended to be a we dont need to or we wont make a deal thread. It may be unlikely that a deal is made but is still a interesting discussion. 

Potential names the Bills could pursue:

Hayden Hurst - Insurance if Knox is hurt and a good option to go along with Knox when healthy.

Evan Engram - See above

Noah Igbinoghene - Upgrade over Wallace/Jackson?

Kyle Fuller - See above

TJ Hokenson cause that’s so Dan Campbell for the Lions to trade him right now