Trade Deadline Discussion

ngbills

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If the Eagles have accepted they need to rebuild I would give Singletary and a 3rd for Miles Sanders. My kingdom for a RB that can hit the window and go.

This is the player I was thinking as well, Philly doesn’t use him at all

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/10/21/buffalo-bills-3-players-they-should-consider-trading-for-before-the-deadline/4/

Thoughts on these 3 suggestions?

20 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I’d love a trade that nets us a capable guard. They need to look long and hard at that position this off-season. Feliciano isn’t the answer. 

I love his swag but if Feliciano is the answer, What is the Question? 

Feliciano may be one of the best back-up centers and back up swing guards in the league. 

That said, I don't see anyone offering to trade a better OG to us during the season. 

Our best realistic hope is to find someone on a PS or who was released with an injury settlement, who might develop into an upgrade.

Or Boettger's continued development, perhaps.  They really liked him at LG last season.

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/10/21/buffalo-bills-3-players-they-should-consider-trading-for-before-the-deadline/4/

Thoughts on these 3 suggestions?

I love his swag but if Feliciano is the answer, What is the Question? 

Feliciano may be one of the best back-up centers and back up swing guards in the league. 

That said, I don't see anyone offering to trade a better OG to us during the season. 

Our best realistic hope is to find someone on a PS or who was released with an injury settlement, who might develop into an upgrade.

Or Boettger's continued development, perhaps.  They really liked him at LG last season.

Totally agree on Feliciano’s demeanor. Love that. I just wished that tenacity and fire equated to more blocking success against the more physical teams and players in the league. I also agree on his ability to play center. It has been said many times here already, but he may be a better fit at starting center after this year if they elect to move on from Morse (although we’ll see what they do there because I think Morse has played pretty well this year. Maybe the best since he’s been here).

The problem with all this, as you’ve pointed out, is there really isn’t any team out there willing to part with quality oline talent that would represent any sort of upgrade. Andrew Norwell comes to mind as an option. Albeit not a very realistic one. Carolina connection, but has a brutal contract and cap hits the next couple years. I’m also not sure whether his play has been worth it anymore. I’m sure there are other people out there beyond Norwell that fit the bill. It’s too bad Forest Lamp couldn’t stay healthy and didn’t work out. Not saying he’s a world beater, but maybe could’ve pushed Feliciano. 

Practice squad could be an option, but barring trade, unfortunately, I think it’s going to have to wait until the off-season. Maybe free agency, but I’d love for them to do a Chief-sized investment on the interior oline in the draft. Invest a couple picks in guard or center to make it a strength.

Certainly get that every team has weaknesses, but this team is ready now. So I’m in favor of any wizardry tweaks Beane may have up his sleeve to shore up at least one weakness to put them closer to the top.