Anyone Have This Frustration With The Titans Game

corta765

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Obviously losing Monday stunk for a bunch of reasons. For me while you do not want to lose my greater frustration was just the potential seeding tiebreaker, but I had another thought that bugged me more then anything else. I feel like for the second dang year we played in a game that will be considered one of the best on the season and came out on the losing side. Last year when we lost to Cardinals last second my frustration wasn't as much the loss because it happens and like Monday they lost but it doesn't ruin the season I am confident the team will be fine. But for the love of god can we come out on the better side of this equation haha. We play the Titans next year and like this offseason I am going to have to hear a years worth of how great the game wise, blah blah blah and it's deja vu all over. Hopefully we win the SB so we have the ultimate trump card, but it would be really freakin nice to play in one of the games of the year and not come out on the losing end and actually be able to enjoy watching it back.

I think that McDermott just gets outcoached by some guys.  Then, like he did as a HS wrestler, he studies and works and studies and works and goes at it and goes at it until he masters it.

He did that with the Chiefs last year.  We got beat.  Then he changed stuff up and we got beat again.  Then he changed stuff up and we whupped them.

He's on that track with the Titans.  We got our butts whupped.  Then he changed stuff up and we still lost, but barely.  He'll keep at it and we'll whup them.

The issue here is that if he's still on a trajectory of being outcoached and whupped by some coaches, especially defensively, SB is not likely.

• Like (+1) 1

The Titans are absolutely a team that would get wildly hype because of all the reports about our fans in Nashville. I have no doubt that this was the best game they will play all year, and I also have no doubt it's because Vrabel and that team went all in on a "defend this house" mentality all week.  

That was one of the more physical games i've ever watched.  You can't tell me they didn't come into that game with an edge.  

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think the biggest frustration with this team is that they look they are certainly built to be successful in the regular season, but not built to win in the playoffs because of their glaring weakness in the trenches.

And if we do get bounced early in the playoffs and/or not reach the SB again this year Beane is going to have to understand that big time changes are needed and not simply believe that 'continuity' will magically change things.

I fully expect Beane to address the OL in the off-season.  Initially, I was believing a high draft pick on a C/G with the player most likely starting at LG year 1.  Move him to Center year 2.  Now, I'm thinking perhaps a LT in round 1 and kick Dawkins inside to LG. 

Whatever they decide, I think they'll let Feliciano go.  Boettger is an UFA and I believe is gone.  I think they'll keep Ford because he's cheap and next season will be his last year on his rookie deal.  Bates is a JAG.  Could see him brought back on the cheap. 

Also think they'll spend a high pick on Star's eventual replacement.  Phillips and Butler are UFAs and I believe will be gone after this season.  

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Titans are absolutely a team that would get wildly hype because of all the reports about our fans in Nashville. I have no doubt that this was the best game they will play all year, and I also have no doubt it's because Vrabel and that team went all in on a "defend this house" mentality all week.  

That was one of the more physical games i've ever watched.  You can't tell me they didn't come into that game with an edge.  

The Titans did play well, played their "A" game, and we still came close to winning.  Bills need to be prepared for the other team's best effort because it's likely to happen again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

It was frustrating to lose but going 1-1 on B2B primetime road games isn't bad especially against two good teams.

I like to look at how we responded after the crazy loss to the Cardinals last year. You could easily argue that that galvanized our team and at least in part inspired them to a run to the AFCCG last year. Let’s get two more wins at the end of this year!!! 

This is disappointing, but it’s not the end of our season. Carry on! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Obviously losing Monday stunk for a bunch of reasons. For me while you do not want to lose my greater frustration was just the potential seeding tiebreaker, but I had another thought that bugged me more then anything else. I feel like for the second dang year we played in a game that will be considered one of the best on the season and came out on the losing side. Last year when we lost to Cardinals last second my frustration wasn't as much the loss because it happens and like Monday they lost but it doesn't ruin the season I am confident the team will be fine. But for the love of god can we come out on the better side of this equation haha. We play the Titans next year and like this offseason I am going to have to hear a years worth of how great the game wise, blah blah blah and it's deja vu all over. Hopefully we win the SB so we have the ultimate trump card, but it would be really freakin nice to play in one of the games of the year and not come out on the losing end and actually be able to enjoy watching it back.

It was an exciting game.  We fell short because our Awesome QB slipped when trying to get a half yard.  (We also could have done better w the play call)  But we have loads of talent, especially on offense.  We need to get more physical in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and definitely need more pass rush.  But McBeane knows that.  And as the season evolves, we will get to where we need to be.  There is no QB I would rather have right now in the NFL then Josh Allen, period.  The guy is the King!!  Is he perfect?  Of course not.  But when he is really on, we are not losing. 

As for your main premise about losing big games and having to live with it for the next year.  Go back and watch the Bills-Colts Wildcard playoff game.  a tremendous game that we came out on top of, despite a horrible call on the fumble (that was not called a fumble in the last 30 seconds) that Jordan Poyer made an amazing play on. 

When you are relevant your games get more attention, when you play other good opponents and the games are close, back and forth you will be in some of the more meaningful games.  I get what you are saying but this team will have plenty of good and bad outcomes in big games, I think you are focusing a little much on a loss.  Personally I am very thankful this team is relevant, they played a close game and fell short, it happens.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe this is pre-mature, but I am at the point where I don’t get upset with regular season games. I save that for playoff games when it’s win or go home. 

Why get mad in week 6 when our chances of winning the divison is 99%? I know injuries happen but we have already proven we are one of the top teams in the league. 

We just got beat. Missed the first down by inches twice which happens.  I loved going for it. Don't believe McD of old would have. Thought in 3Q that last team with ball would probably win and it almost played out that way. My personal most frustrating moment came on our next to last drive in 4Q before Titans scored, when JA took that drive killing sack. At that point in the game it was all about possesion, eating clock and coming away with points. Locking for a deep strike and taking that sack there seemed a terrible omen.

23 minutes ago, Htt2821 said:

Maybe this is pre-mature, but I am at the point where I don’t get upset with regular season games. I save that for playoff games when it’s win or go home. 

Why get mad in week 6 when our chances of winning the divison is 99%? I know injuries happen but we have already proven we are one of the top teams in the league. 

I'm not upset as much as more just maddening to have back to back years of amazingly entertaining epic games and come up sooooo close.

3 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

We just got beat. Missed the first down by inches twice which happens.  I loved going for it. Don't believe McD of old would have. Thought in 3Q that last team with ball would probably win and it almost played out that way. My personal most frustrating moment came on our next to last drive in 4Q before Titans scored, when JA took that drive killing sack. At that point in the game it was all about possesion, eating clock and coming away with points. Locking for a deep strike and taking that sack there seemed a terrible omen.

I loved the call to go for it, I just wish they went 4 wide with RB there so they had a lot of options given the weapons.

I really don't look at reffing calls anymore. Buffalo had a multitude of errors that cost them more then just singular missed holding call. Also last week we benefited from a really weak roughing the passer call. Difference was we played a good mistake free game whereas this week we didn't.

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

You mean Bills could not go on the road and beat the AFC SB team and then go on the road the next week and beat and another AFC playoff team....both on national TV night games where it will be the one of the biggest home games of the year for the opoosing team? 

Instead all they do is blow out the AFC SB team and lose on the last play to another playoff team.....on the road.....in consecutive weeks.....

Do people really think Bills are going to win every week in an effortless manner? 

And then moan wail and go fetal when ity doesn't happen? 

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You mean Bills could not go on the road and beat the AFC SB team and then go on the road the next week and beat and another AFC playoff team....both on national TV night games where it will be the one of the biggest home games of the year for the opoosing team? 

Instead all they do is blow out the AFC SB team and lose on the last play to another playoff team.....on the road.....in consecutive weeks.....

Do people really think Bills are going to win every week in an effortless manner? 

And then moan wail and go fetal when ity doesn't happen? 

Not sure how the heck this is moaning. They played a highly entertaining game that was the best of the year so far. My point is it sucks back to back year what probably was the best game viewer wise we came up uber short. Check my prediction for the Titans game I had Bills 28 - Titans 27 with Allen leading a last second drive, I said wayyy too many people undersold the Titans and oversold the Bills after weeks of dominating. My point was simply its a maddening feeling to have a game like that for a second year and come up literally inches away from victory. Outside of making the path to the #1 seed potentially tougher I think the season is still in tact and they are doing fine.

I could be wrong, but I believe that only 2 teams in the 50+ year history of the Super Bowl were undefeated going into the game.  The Dolphins in 1972 won the game and the Patroits in 2015 lost it.  The likelihood of the Bills going undefeated was extremely small and the chances that they drop a couple of games were high.  They lost a tough game on the road, at night, against a good opponent and still had a chance to win if their QB had not slipped on a sneak late in the game.  Yes, I am still frustrated about Monday night, but looking at the bigger picture, the Bills will be fine and still have as good a shot to win it all as anyone.

Looking at the big picture - It's not like they went out and laid an egg. They lost a close game on the road, to a good team with a RB from Tecmo Bowl; made a lot more good plays than bad ones, and scored over 30 with even turnover ratio. While i certainly wish they had done a few things differently, made fewer mistakes and won, I could hardly be frustrated with the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems to me like the Bills went into this one with a defensive plan to stop Henry and pressure Tannehill into incompletions. It looked like it worked fairly well in the first half, at least through most of the second quarter. I mean, the Titans offense in the first half was basically three plays: (1) the run by Henry where the defense broke down; (2) the crazy pass that bounced off of the defender and should have been intercepted; and (3) the tipped Allen interception that put them in great field position. I thought the defense actually played pretty well in the first half other than those three fluke plays. Henry had been mostly bottled (except for one run) and Tannehill was getting consistently pressured.

My frustration is that all of that went to ***** in the second half.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.