Anyone Have This Frustration With The Titans Game

corta765

Obviously losing Monday stunk for a bunch of reasons. For me while you do not want to lose my greater frustration was just the potential seeding tiebreaker, but I had another thought that bugged me more then anything else. I feel like for the second dang year we played in a game that will be considered one of the best on the season and came out on the losing side. Last year when we lost to Cardinals last second my frustration wasn't as much the loss because it happens and like Monday they lost but it doesn't ruin the season I am confident the team will be fine. But for the love of god can we come out on the better side of this equation haha. We play the Titans next year and like this offseason I am going to have to hear a years worth of how great the game wise, blah blah blah and it's deja vu all over. Hopefully we win the SB so we have the ultimate trump card, but it would be really freakin nice to play in one of the games of the year and not come out on the losing end and actually be able to enjoy watching it back.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Obviously losing Monday stunk for a bunch of reasons. For me while you do not want to lose my greater frustration was just the potential seeding tiebreaker, but I had another thought that bugged me more then anything else. I feel like for the second dang year we played in a game that will be considered one of the best on the season and came out on the losing side. Last year when we lost to Cardinals last second my frustration wasn't as much the loss because it happens and like Monday they lost but it doesn't ruin the season I am confident the team will be fine. But for the love of god can we come out on the better side of this equation haha. We play the Titans next year and like this offseason I am going to have to hear a years worth of how great the game wise, blah blah blah and it's deja vu all over. Hopefully we win the SB so we have the ultimate trump card, but it would be really freakin nice to play in one of the games of the year and not come out on the losing end and actually be able to enjoy watching it back.

I've felt like this in the past, as in every time there's a highly anticipated game with a great opponent and everyone expects fireworks, etc, we come out laying an egg. ...but we beat the Chiefs last week. That was considered a huge game where we delivered in all facets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, Greg S said:

It was frustrating to lose but going 1-1 on B2B primetime road games isn't bad especially against two good teams.

Oh no not at all. I’m more saying for a second straight year in one of the probably top 10 best games of the year we got the L. I want the W so I don’t have to go through ptsd each time it gets brought back up haha

I think the biggest frustration with this team is that they look they are certainly built to be successful in the regular season, but not built to win in the playoffs because of their glaring weakness in the trenches.

And if we do get bounced early in the playoffs and/or not reach the SB again this year Beane is going to have to understand that big time changes are needed and not simply believe that 'continuity' will magically change things.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Oh no not at all. I’m more saying for a second straight year in one of the probably top 10 best games of the year we got the L. I want the W so I don’t have to go through ptsd each time it gets brought back up haha

They did win at Arrowhead in impressive fashion. I expect they are going to put another beat down on the Fish next game.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think the biggest frustration with this team is that they look they are certainly built to be successful in the regular season, but not built to win in the playoffs because of their glaring weakness in the trenches.

And if we do get bounced early in the playoffs and/or not reach the SB again this year Beane is going to have to understand that big time changes are needed and not simply believe that 'continuity' will magically change things.

I walked more away from it that Allen basically carried the team throughout and the margin for error is razor thin if he makes a mistake or doesn't convert. The defense is concerning that like last season they allowed so many consecutive scoring drives. For as much as the offense didn't convert in the redzone TD's they still put 31 up and gave the defense a lead to protect late which they failed to do. I do not know if big time changes are needed, but the Bills really could use a guy like Frank Clark or Chris Jones or JJ etc.. even if they have to trade and overpay to be a true disrupter off the end. I like Groot but he needs time still to find his way and truthfully if they want to run 4 man pressure they need more of an impact.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I walked more away from it that Allen basically carried the team throughout and the margin for error is razor thin if he makes a mistake or doesn't convert. The defense is concerning that like last season they allowed so many consecutive scoring drives. For as much as the offense didn't convert in the redzone TD's they still put 31 up and gave the defense a lead to protect late which they failed to do. I do not know if big time changes are needed, but the Bills really could use a guy like Frank Clark or Chris Jones or JJ etc.. even if they have to trade and overpay to be a true disrupter off the end. I like Groot but he needs time still to find his way and truthfully if they want to run 4 man pressure they need more of an impact.

In terms of oline, I think we are fine with the tackles assuming Spencer Brown pans out. But we need to move on from Feliciano and upgrade both guard positions. I think for a pass first team, Morse is a good center but he the finesse type of player I mentioned and not good enough against physical teams or for us to run the ball consistently.

On Dline, yes that's where we need a real star. Maybe Groot will be that guy but right now it's just mostly role players/above average types on their good days.

The good news is that Hughes and Addison's 1.5 combined sacks will be long gone after this season so we'll see changes by default there, at the very least in the draft. But if there is any way for Beane to make one major big money FA signing in the offseason it has to be on the dline.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

In terms of oline, I think we are fine with the tackles assuming Spencer Brown pans out. But we need to move on from Feliciano and upgrade both guard positions. I think for a pass first team, Morse is a good center but he the finesse type of player I mentioned and not good enough against physical teams or for us to run the ball consistently.

On Dline, yes that's where we need a real star. Maybe Groot will be that guy but right now it's just mostly role players/above average types on their good days.

The good news is that Hughes and Addison's 1.5 combined sacks will be long gone after this season so we'll see changes by default there, at the very least in the draft. But if there is any way for Beane to make one major big money FA signing in the offseason it has to be on the dline.

Agreed. Unfortunately with Hughes I think age has caught him and they may have been better of cutting bait in the offseason to sign a younger FA. With Bruce Smith it took a year or two before he fully emerged and that's why with Groot I am happy with his performance but tempered expectations like you said to what he can and should be doing.

That Bills Rams game in week 3 last year was pretty wild and the Bills came out on top in that one. Or the first Bills Patriots game last year where the Pats were driving for the game-winning score until Zimmer knocked the ball out of Cam's hands. 

But yeah, Monday's game set a record for the most lead changes in MNF history and it's a bummer to be on the losing end of that one. 

its another first half lose, so we are 4-2 which is a great start to the season.  Time to move forward. 

Post optimism, I am more concerned on our play against very physical teams.  Over the past few years, we do not play as well against teams that dominate upfront (Titans, Steelers and Eagles from 2 seasons ago).  Down the stretch and into Jan / Feb, i think it needs too addressed and fixed to achieve the end goal.  

13 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The Defense seems to do this from time to time under McDermott/Frazier.  Rams game last year, Eagles game the year prior... These games where they just hit a rut and literally allow scoring drives nonstop for half the game.  

That was really frustrating to watch because after the Chiefs game, I was all bought in.....bought in on the defense, and bought in on the huge investments we've made into that side of the ball - Only to watch them look completely clueless for 7 straight drives.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rico said:

My frustration is that when I look at the Titans roster, I see a team full of scrubs playing way over their head because they match up well against the Bills. :thumbdown:

It's honestly because of two guys, Henry and Tannenhill.

And the latter is mystifying considering how the Bills dominated him when he was the Dolphins starter for many years.

The frustration for me is change the result of just 1 play out of about 7 or 8 plays that didn't go our way whether from poor execution or penalties and the result is the Bills win that game.  Longer term I'm not worried about playoff seeding tiebreakers with the Titans.  They'll stumble through the course of the season.  Remember, they lost to the Jets so consistency might not be their strength. 

The other frustration is I have to get up very early every morning for work and staying up for Monday night games leaves me tired the next day.  And its worse if we lose.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MPL said:

That Bills Rams game in week 3 last year was pretty wild and the Bills came out on top in that one. Or the first Bills Patriots game last year where the Pats were driving for the game-winning score until Zimmer knocked the ball out of Cam's hands. 

But yeah, Monday's game set a record for the most lead changes in MNF history and it's a bummer to be on the losing end of that one. 

I was thinking of the Bills MNF record recently and its gastly bad (1-9) in the last ten games with a ton of soul killing games:

2021: 0-1 Titans loss

2020: 1-2 Pats win, Titans & Chiefs loss (not sure how else to code those)

2019: dnp

2018: 0-1 Pats loss

2017: dnp

2016: 0-1 Seattle loss (ugh)

2015: 0-1 NE loss

2009: 0-1 NE loss (double ugh McKelvin)

2008: 0-1 CLE (wide right)

2007: 0-1 DAL (triple ugh)

SNF since McD got here I believe we are undefeated which is good minus Collinsworth lol

My frustration is with the entire organization. First you have the ridiculous call on the music city forward lateral. Then you have Bud Adams (may his sorry corpse not RIP) flipped our team the double bird. We lose last year in a game that Tennessee should've forfeited. Then on MNF when the Titans needed a big call (flag) they got it. I hate Vrabel and his condescending attempt to recreate the lateral. After Henry there's nothing compelling about this team that apparently only gets motivated for us. 

F.....the Titans.....

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.