Bye week updates

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

(this guy is a beat reporter for the Texans, used to cover the Ravens for the Baltimore Sun.  I assume he knows agents)

For those who say "who?"

Josh Adams  RB from ND.  UDFA signed to the Iggles PS.  Active in several games and finished with 511 yds and 3 TD.  Cut and signed by the Jets to their PS, active through Sept, waived Oct 2.

Reggie Begelton  WR.  CFL player 2017-2019 - all star.  Spent 2020 on the Packers PS.  Cut at the end of camp.

Jacob Capra UDFA OL for the Packers.  Impressed PFF in preseason against the Jets.  Sounds undersized for a G - 6'5", 265 lbs.  Report

Jacob Dolegala, QB, story above.  Evin Ksierzarczyk, OT, discussed elsewhere.

Matthew Sexton WR.  2020 UDFA Speedster signed by Steelers after re-appearing at his school's pro-day in 2021.  Cut the day after he muffed 2 punts.

Darrius Shepherd WR.  2020 UDFA rare player signed by a team (Packers) after a rookie camp invite; PS, elevated for a couple games.  Spent off season with Chiefs.

Greg Stroman  CB.  V Tech.  2018 7th round pick of WFT.  played 15 games.  2019 IR, 2020 played a bit then IR again.  Released at the end of camp. Sounds like he can play but struggles with health

Ken Webster CB.  Ole Miss.  2019 7th round pick of NE.  Cut at the end of camp.  Signed by the Dolphins, played. Phins PS last season.  Cut mid-August.

The players who interest me most are Capra, Ksierzarczyk, Stroman, and Webster but that has more to do with perceived need at those positions than with their pedigree/experience.

Thanks for the in depth, @Hapless Bills Fan
While we don’t know the full extent of injuries from MNF, this may just be due diligence against the weakest members of the squad.. MANY teams are perusing FAs due to injuries. If we find a couple we like that are better players than our final 2 roster spots, we might see some new faces.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Reggie Begelton  WR.  CFL player 2017-2019 - all star.  Spent 2020 on the Packers PS.  Cut at the end of camp.

Matthew Sexton WR.  2020 UDFA Speedster signed by Steelers after re-appearing at his school's pro-day in 2021.  Cut the day after he muffed 2 punts.

Darrius Shepherd WR.  2020 UDFA rare player signed by a team (Packers) after a rookie camp invite; PS, elevated for a couple games.  Spent off season with Chiefs.

I find it a little interesting working out so many WRs.  6 WR on main roster, Stevenson on IR (probably able to move onto the main roster)

and Hodgins and Gentry on PS.  Right now it seems all 9 are healthy.

Probably just looking to upgrade from someone like Gentry or just looking for some guys in case needed later in the year.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

(this guy is a beat reporter for the Texans, used to cover the Ravens for the Baltimore Sun.  I assume he knows agents)

For those who say "who?"

Josh Adams  RB from ND.  UDFA signed to the Iggles PS.  Active in several games and finished with 511 yds and 3 TD.  Cut and signed by the Jets to their PS, active through Sept, waived Oct 2.

Jacob Capra UDFA OL for the Packers.  Impressed PFF in preseason against the Jets.  Sounds undersized for a G - 6'5", 265 lbs.  Report

Jacob Dolegala, QB, story above.  Evin Ksierzarczyk, OT, discussed elsewhere.

Greg Stroman  CB.  V Tech.  2018 7th round pick of WFT.  played 15 games.  2019 IR, 2020 played a bit then IR again.  Released at the end of camp. Sounds like he can play but struggles with health

Ken Webster CB.  Ole Miss.  2019 7th round pick of NE.  Cut at the end of camp.  Signed by the Dolphins, played. Phins PS last season.  Cut mid-August.

The players who interest me most are Capra, Ksierzarczyk, Stroman, and Webster but that has more to do with perceived need at those positions than with their pedigree/experience.

No TEs? Hmmmm

36 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

We have two TEs on our PS in Quinton Morris and Kahale Waring.  They likely don't see anyone better to add at this juncture.

Morris looked pretty good in PS but not sure how his blocking was.  It looked to me like he could of used to put a few pounds on his frame.

I'm thinking he gets the call up for the Miami game.

On 10/20/2021 at 10:16 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Good thing he's not Serbian or Croatian.  My eye doctor pointed to the eyechart and said "Read the fourth line."  "Read it?!" I said..."He's my cousin Nedeljko!"

Had a friend in high school.  His first name was Art.  His last name was unpronounceable.  In jest we called him "Art Alphabet"

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:09 PM, ColoradoBills said:

I find it a little interesting working out so many WRs.  6 WR on main roster, Stevenson on IR (probably able to move onto the main roster)

Probably just looking to upgrade from someone like Gentry or just looking for some guys in case needed later in the year.

Beane has said before they like to do this so they’re familiar with guys ahead of time. In the event of an injury or CoVID outbreak, he discussed how they want to be able to add a player right away who they know will fit in the role they need, and have some familiarity with what the bills want to do. Thus, the try outs are likely not to make any current upgrades, but rather a collection of information and networking for future need, if it were to happen.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Especially with working out Shepherd, who is blazing fast, I'm wondering if Stevenson isn't developing as they hoped. 

I believe that players on IR can still be in the facility, attend meetings, and work with position coaches and so forth (but not practice).  So it's possible they've decided he's got a ways to go with the pro game, and they're looking for another way to add speed this season.

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Beane has said before they like to do this so they’re familiar with guys ahead of time. In the event of an injury or CoVID outbreak, he discussed how they want to be able to add a player right away who they know will fit in the role they need, and have some familiarity with what the bills want to do. Thus, the try outs are likely not to make any current upgrades, but rather a collection of information and networking for future need, if it were to happen.

For some positions I'm sure that's true, but the Bills have an open Practice Squad spot right now due to Hart being signed by Tenn.

14 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Not really an update but this years Allen highlights for your viewing pleasure.  I already miss Bills football!

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Jack Kemp, Daryl Lamonica, Jim Harris, Dennis Shaw, Joe Ferguson, Frank Reich, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, Fitzmagic and Jim Kelly play Quarterback for the Bills. But I’ve NEVER seen anyone better than Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Jack Kemp, Daryl Lamonica, Jim Harris, Dennis Shaw, Joe Ferguson, Frank Reich, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, Fitzmagic and Jim Kelly play Quarterback for the Bills. But I’ve NEVER seen anyone better than Josh Allen. 

My parents took me to my first game when Ferguson was QB.  I don't really remember much before Kelly but I agree with you man.  Allen is amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.