10/19 McDermott presser

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This link works better for me

Is it just me, or did anyone else watching feel there was a huge amount of talk about the offense?

The offense scored 31 points.

We're supposed to have a good defense, that ought to be enough points.

Please anyone else, correct me if you feel I was missing something

I will grant that McDermott can only answer the questions he's asked so there's that

I think the questions focused on the offense and the red zone so that's why McD talked about that.  He makes reference to the D around the 7:30 mark, saying that they weren't getting off blocks well.  He also said the D contained things well in the first quarter but not afterward.  

25 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I think the questions focused on the offense and the red zone so that's why McD talked about that.  He makes reference to the D around the 7:30 mark, saying that they weren't getting off blocks well.  He also said the D contained things well in the first quarter but not afterward.  

Yea, Like I said, I grant that McD can only answer the questions he's asked.

But that does raise the question why the reporters didn't have more questions about what Cover1 referred to as "the leaky defense"

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yea, Like I said, I grant that McD can only answer the questions he's asked.

But that does raise the question why the reporters didn't have more questions about what Cover1 referred to as "the leaky defense"

Why the questions only centered on the offense, I don't know.  Perhaps it was because asking specific questions about the red zone and the last play was easier than asking why the defense could not stop the run or the pass.

7 hours ago, Jobot said:

As crazy as it sounds.. I would have had less confidence in our D stopping Henry after a Makenzie TD  compared to confidence in our offense using up the rest of the clock with a game winning TD.

Not crazy at all.  Defense gave up 6 straight scores.  There would have been over 3 min on the clock.  They could not stop Josh most of the game.  Our best chance died on the two yard line.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.