10/19 McDermott presser

YoloinOhio

Poor red zone play.  Poor offensive line play, in the red zone especially.

that hold on andre smith hurt my soul.  Lil dirty deserved that td on primtetime.  Shame on you andre.  

the Titans ability to pressure allen and our inability to pressure tannehill were the biggest factors in determining the game imo. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

that hold on andre smith hurt my soul.  Lil dirty deserved that td on primtetime.  Shame on you andre.  

the Titans ability to pressure allen and our inability to pressure tannehill were the biggest factors in determining the game imo. 

As crazy as it sounds.. I would have had less confidence in our D stopping Henry after a Makenzie TD  compared to confidence in our offense using up the rest of the clock with a game winning TD.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

I like hearing that they all feel sick to their stomach after that loss.

Good.

Let it burn them up for two weeks. Let them be chomping at the bit to get back to work. Let them rip off four straight wins leading to Thanksgiving in New Orleans.

I don't want to say it, but...oh, okay....let them come back Humble and Hungry!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Good.

Let it burn them up for two weeks. Let them be chomping at the bit to get back to work. Let them rip off four straight wins leading to Thanksgiving in New Orleans.

Not to be encouraged.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Jobot said:

As crazy as it sounds.. I would have had less confidence in our D stopping Henry after a Makenzie TD  compared to confidence in our offense using up the rest of the clock with a game winning TD.

Agreed.  I took consolation in the fact that we would be able to watch allen lead an incredible gw drive that kills the clock as opposed to watching tannehill complete 4th down conversion after 4th down conversion en route to a possible last second gw td.

Our D wasn’t good last night.   Going into last nights game, I had confidence in our d stopping them on a potential gw drive.  After they scored 6 on 6 straight possessions, the confidence had faded.  Frazier got owned.  I love taron, but I would’ve liked to see some Aj Klein mixed in.  He’s played pretty well in spot duty this year.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Watch the Cardinals game. They made Tannehill hold the ball an extra second longer allowing Chandler Jones’s abuse of Taylor Lewan. Against the Bills, late in game, Tannehill would hit that back foot and let the ball fly. Bills need upgrade at CB 2. I’d be on phone with Denver/Pittsburgh asking price for Kyle Fuller/Joe Haden. Missing piece for SB run. Can get by with crepe paper offensive line because of Josh’s ability. 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  I took consolation in the fact that we would be able to watch allen lead an incredible gw drive that kills the clock as opposed to watching tannehill complete 4th down conversion after 4th down conversion en route to a possible last second gw td.

Our D wasn’t good last night.   Going into last nights game, I had confidence in our d stopping them on a potential gw drive.  After they scored 6 on 6 straight possessions, the confidence had faded.  Frazier got owned.  I love taron, but I would’ve liked to see some Aj Klein mixed in.  He’s played pretty well in spot duty this year.  

Yeah Frazier got outplayed and it showed with how many times 3 LBs bit on a play action and left the middle of the field open. Tremaine played great though and really was a wall whenever Henry hit him. I have zero worries going into the rest of the year. 

14 minutes ago, cDAVIS said:

Yeah Frazier got outplayed and it showed with how many times 3 LBs bit on a play action and left the middle of the field open. Tremaine played great though and really was a wall whenever Henry hit him. I have zero worries going into the rest of the year. 

The one worry I take from this game is how we balance our DL going into each game.  I hated the fact that Epenesa and Basham were both inactive.  Really peeved about that.  He said it was to have bigger bodies to stop Henry, but they had several crucial plays where our lack of pass rush led to converted 3rd downs.  

I didn’t notice Rousseau much at all after the first quarter.  He played 25 snaps.  Addison played 28. Jerry played 34. Why on earth is addison playing more snaps that Rousseau?  Was he hurt?  Can he not hold up against the run?  Obada played 5 less snaps than Rousseau.  Strange.

our DL has been so fun to watch this year.  It wasn’t fun to watch last night.  

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

I said the same thing I dont want to say I was happy that got called back but I think our win percentage wouldve been lower if we didn't get the last possession.  We couldn't stop the Titans when they had 3 downs to work with imagine if they had 4. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Good.

Especially Dion.  Dude got wrecked on the biggest play of the game.

1 hour ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Not to be encouraged.

I think its pretty encouraging the titans are really not a good matchup for us and it was on the road after a huge game against the chiefs and we played well enough to win...I think the titans tipped their hand on what pass rushes they like to run if we end up seeing them again and we'll be better prepared to take advantage of their weak secondary since the oline will hold up a little better.  

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The one worry I take from this game is how we balance our DL going into each game.  I hated the fact that Epenesa and Basham were both inactive.  Really peeved about that.  He said it was to have bigger bodies to stop Henry, but they had several crucial plays where our lack of pass rush led to converted 3rd downs.  

I didn’t notice Rousseau much at all after the first quarter.  He played 25 snaps.  Addison played 28. Jerry played 34. Why on earth is addison playing more snaps that Rousseau?  Was he hurt?  Can he not hold up against the run?  Obada played 5 less snaps than Rousseau.  Strange.

our DL has been so fun to watch this year.  It wasn’t fun to watch last night.  

Hard for me to give the dline all the blame when they had guys running wide open all over the field because our lbs could not stay at home during play action.   

35 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think its pretty encouraging the titans are really not a good matchup for us and it was on the road after a huge game against the chiefs and we played well enough to win...I think the titans tipped their hand on what pass rushes they like to run if we end up seeing them again and we'll be better prepared to take advantage of their weak secondary since the oline will hold up a little better.  

Hard for me to give the dline all the blame when they had guys running wide open all over the field because our lbs could not stay at home during play action.   

There’s a difference between putting all the blame on the DL and saying that they weren’t fun to watch yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

This does not sound crazy at all.  I had the same thought as it all unfolded.

• Agree 1

The one thing I like about this coaching staff is that in evaluating game film and critiquing players, they will also critique the coaching and game plans and roster decisions.  It will also not surprise me if they make some changes with the trade deadline looming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This link works better for me

Is it just me, or did anyone else watching feel there was a huge amount of talk about the offense?

The offense scored 31 points.

We're supposed to have a good defense, that ought to be enough points.

Please anyone else, correct me if you feel I was missing something

I will grant that McDermott can only answer the questions he's asked so there's that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.