Whitney Mercilus, DE, released by Texans

RyanC883

If I was Whitney I would see if the Cardinals were interested. A little bit of Houston West with JJ and Hopkins, and great winter weather. If the Bills make a run .. Butler could be axed .. the fantasy that we will get someone to trade with us for him is just a fantasy. You can sign him to a couple year contract a d spread the signing bonus out. 

15 hours ago, Kaenon said:

When I lived in Houston, I got on the plane with my wife and Whitney and his SO.

I wanted to say, hey Whitney - then when he'd respond I was going to joke and say I thought that was your girl's name. Then as I got closer I saw he was only 6-7" taller and 100# heavier than me and decided to keep my joke to myself...

I'll bet Don Rickles had the same thought when he met Rosey Grier.

Roosevelt_Grier_Don_Rickles_Kraft_Music_Hall_1968.JPG

20 hours ago, Rigotz said:

We currently have ~$3M in cap space and would need more to sign Mercilus.

So, we'd have to get rid of Addison or Hughes. Is Mercilus a big upgrade over Addison/Hughes? 

They've both been having a decent season... certainly frustrating at times, but I think it would be bad for the locker room to get rid of them, so I would pass.

Get rid of Addison.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

And have Epenesa & Basham active instead of Efe .

I mentioned in a different thread Obada didn’t have his best game, however he’s the one who forced the bad throw on the Poyer pick so he wasn’t completely invisible. Imo they should of sat Addison who also didn’t have a good game. 

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Hopefully the benching lights a fire under those two and they come in after the buy and start playing above their paygrade.

They were doing really good in the games before this last one i think it was more that McD or Leslie thought with Efe being a bigger body he could help stuff the run better but as we saw that didn't work .

I didn't see any thing in the previous games that would warrant them being benched .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.