Whitney Mercilus, DE, released by Texans

RyanC883

We currently have ~$3M in cap space and would need more to sign Mercilus.

So, we'd have to get rid of Addison or Hughes. Is Mercilus a big upgrade over Addison/Hughes? 

They've both been having a decent season... certainly frustrating at times, but I think it would be bad for the locker room to get rid of them, so I would pass.

Just now, Rigotz said:

So, we'd have to get rid of Addison or Hughes. Is Mercilus a big upgrade over Addison/Hughes? 

They've both been having a decent season... certainly frustrating at times, but I think it would be bad for the locker room to get rid of them, so I would pass.

DE would be the last position I would expect the Bills to sign anyone at the moment 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Hughes and Addison should never have made this roster to begin with, but since they're here - I agree that it would be bad for the locker room to move one or both of them....especially Hughes.  

13 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I think he is an upgrade over either.  He has 3 sacks this year.  More than the 0 Hughes has. 

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do we really want a DE with a girl's name?

haha.  I like his last name, however.  Looks like "no-mercy" 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think our DE rotation is really just missing AJ right now. I don't really see the need for signing Mercilus. 

would love to have AJ and Mercilus in the rotation.  I think Mercilus is an upgrade over either Addison or Hughes.  Perhaps we can make the cap space and keep them both, if not, I have no issue cutting them.  I think the locker room thing is over-done, and this D is no longer led by Hughes, who has not produced, anyway.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.