Can we talk about poyer and hyde?

Hebert19

They are playing very well this year against oass and run.  Both are getting the turnovers this year which should make them hard to keep out of pro bowl...but one play stands out.  

Hyde.  All by himself with Henry coming at him with a full head of steam.  He took him on and made the tackle.  Yes he got run over...ha...but that was grown man football there.  Loved it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They have played great all year, including yesterday. And yes, Hyde sure showed no hesitation taking on that coming freight train.

IDK if it's coaches, them, both, but in the last years, I don't recall a wide open receiver behind our secondary like we often see in highlights, or like Beasley yesterday, or Knox last week.

• Like (+1) 1

They've been great this year, but even the best secondaries will suffer with a lack of pass rush and that's when the Levy Wallace problem rears its ugly head as we saw last night again.

Also what about White? Seems he's having somewhat of a mediorce year especially with all the holding calls he's having to bail himself out. Another item not being talked about enough I guess.....

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Made up for taking the wrong angle on the TD run, I guess....

Animated GIF

Poyer was “blocked” the same exact way on the one run that Sanders blocked his guy when he was called for holding on knox jet sweep TD. Exact same way. And he was right at the point of attack. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They've been great this year, but even the best secondaries will suffer with a lack of pass rush and that's when the Levy Wallace problem rears its ugly head as we saw last night again.

Also what about White? Seems he's having somewhat of a mediorce year especially with all the holding calls he's having to bail himself out. Another item not being talked about enough I guess.....

‘Wallace has looked fine out there this year. 

39 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tre and the entire secondary, including Levi, have been awesome this year.  I'm not about to bury any of them for one bad half of football in which we were getting zero pass rush.

The backbone of our defense imo.  Cannot be stated how important they are.  While 17 might be around for 17 more years, our safety duo will most likely never be better than what we have right now.  I don’t we’ve we’ve ever had a better tandem in the history of our franchise.  I really hope that those two get to be on the first bills team to win a SB. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Poyer got held. Hyde took a poor angle.

Held, illegal hands to the face? Either one could have been called. 

57 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

‘Wallace has looked fine out there this year. 

I disagree, he's still the weak point as yes, makes a good play here and there but still need someone better. Hopefully we can use a day 1 or 2 pick to replace him in the next draft.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

the holding call on white was ridiculous. I replayed it several times. Brown literally ran into and beat up on white, pushed white to the ground. That wasn’t holding on white. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.