Home run throwback - Part II

InTheBuffAllTheTime

2 hours ago, InTheBuffAllTheTime said:

I searched and found nothing in the post-game thread. Also found nothing in media articles.

How do the Titans pull this out of the bag-o-tricks AGAIN against the Bills, on national TV, and it not get any press???? Can you imagine if it worked.........AGAIN.....legal or otherwise??

It's entertaining to me to think about the special teams coach pitching this idea to Vrabel in the game prep meetings. They must have been SO EXCITED to try this. Can't believe the MNF commentators didn't even reference it. Thought for sure they'd pull out the clip after it happened.

Insane call imo.  If that bounces around and gets recovered you look like an absolute idiot.  Its not the 4th quarter and you aren't desperate.  Just really strange.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I thought it was a below-the-belt move by Vrabel. They probably thought they were being funny.

It reminds me of when Vrabel exploited the rulebook loophole that Belichik originally came up with against Belichik. Watching Belichik lose his mind was priceless.  Vrabel definitely has an edge to his play calling

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-vrabel-uses-bill-belichicks-own-nfl-rulebook-loophole-against-him-in-titans-win-over-patriots/

Absolute clown call. Vrabel is a friggin joke.

It's too bad the guys on our team are so young and have such little long term affiliation with the team. The fact they even DARED to run that play against us again should have been enough to fire up the Bills and turn the momentum on the bullying. Unfortunately, we never got there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, QCity said:

Yeah they set that one up on a tee and the broadcast team whiffed. I think Levy was drunk, I'm pretty sure I heard him call our QB Tannehill and he didn't seem to understand that the game was on the line for that 4th down play.

It's incredible how many times levy said 'the bills fans invading Nashville has been overrated' loll like what did he expect the stadium to be 90% bills fans 🤣

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

It reminded me of something Rex Ryan would do. 

Like having ex-Titans as captains for the game. I’m disappointed today by the loss, but then I think of the Rex days not too long ago, and I’m smiling again! THANKS! 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That was so obvious it was a forward pass...

But I did find something interesting...it appeared they marked the penalty from where he caught the ball, not where it was thrown from. Is that correct?

I mean if that's the case what is to stop a team from just throwing it 50 yards down field hoping their player catches it and then take the 5 yard penalty?

As obvious as the 1st time it happened...

On 10/19/2021 at 12:25 PM, QCity said:

Yeah they set that one up on a tee and the broadcast team whiffed. I think Levy was drunk, I'm pretty sure I heard him call our QB Tannehill and he didn't seem to understand that the game was on the line for that 4th down play.

Yeah, I too heard him call Allen "Tannehill" and neither Levy nor his cohorts corrected it.  He had a similar gaffe earlier.  Early on he was also belaboring the point about Bills fans not really taking over in town or in the stadium and how overblown that was by others.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:25 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

My Vrabel hate has peaked, clowning us on national TV.  ***** him and the horse he rode in on.  We needed to beat those pricks.  Gonna make it all the sweeter when we crush them in January.

You know how some fights are

so good you just start clamoring for a rematch the second the decision is announced? This was one of them. I want them on our home field in January. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.