Home run throwback - Part II

InTheBuffAllTheTime

I searched and found nothing in the post-game thread. Also found nothing in media articles.

How do the Titans pull this out of the bag-o-tricks AGAIN against the Bills, on national TV, and it not get any press???? Can you imagine if it worked.........AGAIN.....legal or otherwise??

It's entertaining to me to think about the special teams coach pitching this idea to Vrabel in the game prep meetings. They must have been SO EXCITED to try this. Can't believe the MNF commentators didn't even reference it. Thought for sure they'd pull out the clip after it happened.

• Vomit 2

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My Vrabel hate has peaked, clowning us on national TV.  ***** him and the horse he rode in on.  We needed to beat those pricks.  Gonna make it all the sweeter when we crush them in January.

My wife (who didn't know who Vrabel was when the camera kept showing him), said... "Geez, that guy just looks like a d*ck").

I told her she was a good judge of character.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

That was so obvious it was a forward pass...

But I did find something interesting...it appeared they marked the penalty from where he caught the ball, not where it was thrown from. Is that correct?

I mean if that's the case what is to stop a team from just throwing it 50 yards down field hoping their player catches it and then take the 5 yard penalty?

31 minutes ago, QCity said:

Yeah they set that one up on a tee and the broadcast team whiffed. I think Levy was drunk, I'm pretty sure I heard him call our QB Tannehill and he didn't seem to understand that the game was on the line for that 4th down play.

he did, and yeah, he seemed pretty drunk to me.  Trust me, I am an expert on watching football and talking while drunk

32 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My Vrabel hate has peaked, clowning us on national TV.  ***** him and the horse he rode in on.  We needed to beat those pricks.  Gonna make it all the sweeter when we crush them in January.

They have to get past the first round first. With a 17 game schedule, Henry will start to wear out. And I'm right there with you, Vrabel trolling Bills fans with that dumbass call put him at the top of my s**t list

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That was actually a much cooler play design than the original. 

The blocker that he threw the ball too was  on the opposite side of the field and just sprinted straight to his spot while the gunner he was covering ran across the field to the direction of the kick.  There was no reason anyone should have even noticed him do that.

Good thing their returner can't freaking throw.

I would not be surprised to see other teams adopt this. 

Even if they don't throw the ball, the gunner could pull a trailing player out of the return lane. And if he doesn't, he's got a whole lane open to him if the ball gets to him. 

I had a bad feeling about this game when the Bills didn't get fired up at pulling that trash early in the game. I cannot put into words how enraged I was at my core when they did that. I expected the defense and the offense to come out and make them pay after that, and they didn't. 

I was disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

I had a bad feeling about this game when the Bills didn't get fired up at pulling that trash early in the game. I cannot put into words how enraged I was at my core when they did that. I expected the defense and the offense to come out and make them pay after that, and they didn't. 

I was disappointed. 

I felt the same way until I remembered that most of the these players for the Bills were under the age of 10 when it happened,  They dont have it in the outrage folder in their collective consciousness like we do!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Yeah they set that one up on a tee and the broadcast team whiffed. I think Levy was drunk, I'm pretty sure I heard him call our QB Tannehill and he didn't seem to understand that the game was on the line for that 4th down play.

he did call our QB Tannehill.  Levy was a disaster.  

25 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I felt the same way until I remembered that most of the these players for the Bills were under the age of 10 when it happened,  They dont have it in the outrage folder in their collective consciousness like we do!

yeah, Groot was not born yet when that forward lateral happened!  

btw, I liked the call by Tenn.  Funny to call it, we'd love it if we were Tenn fans, but now we hate them.  More fun for a rivalry and a team we may see in the playoffs.  

38 minutes ago, beavis said:

That, and the Chief's game, where they had a couple people line up under center, like they were mocking us for passing on Mahomes. Gives me an idea for a nickname: "the **** You defense".

Lol...if this is what you felt when the Chefs did that, you have some major introspection to do.

Gwen Stefani What GIF by The Voice

I think the Titans definitely knew what they were doing.... but what player or coach would even be offended by that? The owner isn't even the same.

It was more of a troll job on the fans than on the team.

2 hours ago, InTheBuffAllTheTime said:

I searched and found nothing in the post-game thread. Also found nothing in media articles.

How do the Titans pull this out of the bag-o-tricks AGAIN against the Bills, on national TV, and it not get any press???? Can you imagine if it worked.........AGAIN.....legal or otherwise??

It's entertaining to me to think about the special teams coach pitching this idea to Vrabel in the game prep meetings. They must have been SO EXCITED to try this. Can't believe the MNF commentators didn't even reference it. Thought for sure they'd pull out the clip after it happened.

This is something not talked about enough and IMO the reason why McDermott truly went for the win at the end of the game to stick it to Vrabel for basically disrespecting and trolling the Bills with that play.

Either way if these two teams do meet again in the postseason I hope it's in Buffalo and I hope they somehow play with the same focus on emotion they did against the Chiefs last week because if not we'll lose yet again to them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.