Snap Counts for the Titans game

Hapless Bills Fan

Defense:

image.thumb.png.086d3ace818ef6698bfd923858daac1d.png

Wow, Klein only 6%, Taron Johnson 94% - I would have thought they would try base D a bit more against Henry.

Milano 100%, again, would have thought they'd give him breathers with the hammy

Phillips and Lotulelei looks like platooning, i wonder if they got what they wanted from Phillips?

Looks like Ditto for Zimmer and Oliver with probably a sprinkle of Obada. 

Can't tell from the snaps what they did at end, but it almost looks like Addison-Rousseau and Hughes-Obada

If so, I kind of feel like they outsmarted themselves vs. the "good thing" they had going on last week.

Offense

image.thumb.png.d241a7dee2cbfc95f53f9fe3a740b133.png

Gonna guess the predominant set here was (1,1)

image.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What I don't understand is the use of Moss over Motor.

In the five games they both played Motor has been the overall more effective only to typically get fewer carries and snaps.

Against Miami Moss had 8 carries and averaged 3.3 ypc - Motor 11 carries and averaged 6.3 ypc

WFT - Moss 13 with a 4.6 ypc average - Motor 11 with a 2.9 ypc avg

Houston - Moss 14 with a 4.4 avg - Motor 14 with a 5.6 avg

KC - Moss 11 for an avg of 3.4 ypc - Motor 6 for an avg of 4.2

Titans - Moss 8 with a 3 ypc avg - Motor 5 totes and a 5.4 avg

Over those 5 games thats Moss with 54 carries and an average of 3.9 while motor has 49 and averages 4.4 ypc

Snap Counts over those 5 games? Moss 18, 44, 46, 42 and 42 for a total of 192 - Motor 43, 34, 32, 19 and 35 for a total of 163

Shouldn't those snap counts be at least reveresed?  I don't understand what happened to "going with the hot hand" as the coaches stated they would.

A couple side notes:

Moss has exactly one carry over 10 yards 

Motor has caught 13 of his 18 targets - 72.2%

Moss has caught 10 of his 14 targets - 71.4%

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

In the five games they both played Motor has been the overall more effective yet only to typically fewer carries and snaps.

Against Miami Moss had 8 carries and averaged 3.3 ypc - Motor 11 carries and averaged 6.3 ypc

Over those 5 games thats Moss with 54 carries and an average of 3.9 while motor has 49 and averages 4.4 ypc

Snap Counts over those 5 games? Moss 18, 44, 46, 42 and 42 for a total of 192 - Motor 43, 34, 32, 19 and 35 for a total of 163

Shouldn't those snap counts be at least reveresed?  I don't understand what happened to "going with the hot hand" as the coaches stated they would.

A couple side notes:

Motor is the better RB by a smidgen, hence winning the starter spot. But you're nitpicking here. It's always going to be a committee approach. "Play the hot hand" is just a cliche in this case, I think.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Defense:

Wow, Klein only 6%, Taron Johnson 94% - I would have thought they would try base D a bit more against Henry.

Phillips and Lotulelei looks like platooning, i wonder if they got what they wanted from Phillips?

Can't tell from the snaps what they did at end, but it almost looks like Addison-Rousseau and Hughes-Obada

If so, I kind of feel like they outsmarted themselves vs. the "good thing" they had going on last week.

Offense

image.png

No Klein because he is an absolute liability in PA. TJ is a solid tackler. Makes sense to me

24 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

In the five games they both played Motor has been the overall more effective only to typically get fewer carries and snaps.

A couple side notes:

Don't confuse me with facts!

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Defense:

Offense

image.png

What are snap counts? I was just wondering.

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Obada played last night??

I didn't notice.  

He didn’t have a good game against the backup LT but…. The only rush I seen from him against the RT,  He was the one who got the pressure and forced the bad pass on Poyers interception imo. 
And after reading DJB yeah the Offside as well he was on the RT side 

Edited by Rc2catch

41 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

A couple side notes:

They did the opposite of "going with the hot hand". Singletary had a few nice runs early where he broke some tackles and gained a lot of extra yards. He was rewarded with 2 touches in the 2nd half. 

Moss had a fumble (out of bounds). Not going to blame Moss for the INT, but with a better reaction he could've at least tried to break up the catch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.