A few thoughts about the Titans game, in no particular order

Virgil

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You dare correct me!?  😋.   You're right, it felt like a lot more than that

I wish you were right Virg because in a sense getting them to 3rd down and obvious passing situations and then never getting them off the field is an easier fix. The problem both years has been them running and play actioning us apart on 1st and 2nd down. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You dare correct me!?  😋.   You're right, it felt like a lot more than that

You're not alone.  It felt like all of Brown's 57 second half receptions were on 3rd downs to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, BearNorth said:

What really sucks is that we shut Henry down on 17 of his 20 rushing attempts.  He gained 35 yards on those 17 attempts.

It’s tough to say that we shut someone down that had 3 touchdowns 

Edited by Virgil
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BearNorth said:

What really sucks is that we shut Henry down on 17 of his 20 rushing attempts.  He gained 35 yards on those 17 attempts.

48 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s touch to say that we shut someone down that had 3 touchdowns 

"Other than those three bullets, how did you enjoy your visit to Dallas, Mrs. Kennedy?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Titans game is physical and they have elite power running game, which is the weakness to our defense that, let’s be honest, is light and fast. 

I’m not exaggerating or being a Debbie downer, Tennessee is one team I do NOT want to meet in the playoffs. It’s not because they are just that good, it’s because they are built to beat us. They took a healthy, motivated, confident defense and beat them down. 

They were not mindfully built to beat the Bills, but that is what essentially happened by chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:31 PM, Virgil said:

We didn’t have a run game last year, but still got the job done. So who knows 

I agree but the Bills were sneaking up on people.  Now they are the hunted and the foibles are well known.....sux but that's the price of success!

On 10/21/2021 at 6:47 PM, njbuff said:

Just keep in mind that the Bills played a C- game and the Titans played an A game.

Yet the Bills could have easily won.

I don't know about a C- but Bills definitely left some plays on the field and was a holding flag away on McK TD return from getting the lead back late which would have forced Titans to have to get a TD. Then Bills shot themselves in the foot last play of game.

Anyways regardless of all that, I don't think I'd say Bills played a " C-" game. They did pretty well against a very good team that's one ofthe best in the league. If I were to grade Bills performance I believe I'd probably say a B or B-. In other words Bills did play well enough to win.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.