The rest of the Season

Cygnus99

33 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

who are we losing to?  My issue is that we are 1-2 against teams over .500.  not great.  Our lines need to play MUCH better in big games.  

last year's SB Champs have not played the Saints yet.  Not sure what you are talking about? 

Geez, having a discussion about the team and what it needs to do to improve is not  the sky is falling.  Quit acting to posters who want to point out what we can do to improve in this manner.  If you have nothing to add but snark, perhaps don't add it.  

I’m referring to the season the Bucs had last year before they won the SB. 
There is a difference between pointing out how we can get better and claiming this isn’t a SB team or somehow our D And O line suck.  JMO. 

Edited by nedboy7

46 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I see one or two more losses coming: TB (likely) and one more heart-breaker like last night.

14-3 or 13-4, maybe a #2 seed.

If they get to that record, it will be the one seed...other teams have much harder schedules than the Bills and in some cases will knock each other off. Bills have the easiest schedule in the NFL remaining

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Geez, having a discussion about the team and what it needs to do to improve is not  the sky is falling.  Quit acting to posters who want to point out what we can do to improve in this manner.  If you have nothing to add but snark, perhaps don't add it.  

I guess you don't understand sarcasm.  I'm 100% optimistic that we'll be hoisting that Lombardi in February.  We have the best team right now and we simply just didn't execute last night.  I believe they're gonna take this bye, correct their mistakes, and run the table after the bye.  I just simply disagree with posters saying that we don't have the right pieces in place.  We absolutely do, it's all about execution and we did not execute last night.  It's a long season and teams will not want to see us in the end.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If they get to that record, it will be the one seed...other teams have much harder schedules than the Bills and in some cases will knock each other off. Bills have the easiest schedule in the NFL remaining

I hope that's true, but our two losses so far could bite us in the @$$ on head-to-head tie-breakers.

Just now, WhoTom said:

I hope that's true, but our two losses so far could bite us in the @$$ on head-to-head tie-breakers.

Well Pittsburgh is certainly not going to be in position for a 1 seed.  Tennessee has the Chiefs, Rams, Steelers and 49ers left...plus they have the Colts and Patriots...honestly after losing to the Jets, there really isn't a game they can't lose on their schedule.

Super bowl or bust. Anything less is a disappointment. I would have said that before the season and after 6 weeks it should be more feasible, not less. KC clearly has come down a notch. We better not get leapfrogged by BAL, LAC, TEN, CLE or anyone else. 

4 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Yes it was a heart breaker loss against the Titans , at least we have a BYE . Here my prediction for the rest of the season we are now first in AFC East standing at 4-2 not bad but could be better 

Miami Dolphins WIN 

At Jacksonville Jaguars WIN 

At NY Jets WIN 

Indianapolis Colts another heart breaker LOSS 

At New Orleans Turkey day WIN 

New England Patriots WIN 

At Tampa Bay Buccaneers I hate to say this but that is a LOSS 

Carolina Panthers WIN 

At New England Patriots LOSS

Atlanta Falcons WIN 

New York Jets WIN 

Buffalo Bills will be 12-5 and win the division 

We will not get number one seed but we will win at least on playoff game , I don't think this is our year for the Super Bowl yet , still a few issues to be fixed but we are heading in the right direction . 2022 will be better 

I also predicted 12-5 (and losing in the divisional round) this year and after last night it's still probably a safe bet given the flaws this team is likely going to overcome.

The only change I would make in your prediction is beating the Colts and losing on Thanksgiving to the Saints.

The big issue though when looking at this schedule is the Bills will likely continue to win against bottom feeder types but struggle against average to good teams the rest of the way.

Predictions below. We become CIN fans rooting for wins vs KC, LAC and at least one vs BAL. Then get to watch CIN beat KC in the 1st round, BAL beats CLE, LAC beats TEN. Bills end CIN season and play LAC who beat BAL. Bills beat LAC for match up in LA vs Rams in Super Bowl. 

1 - BUF: 13-4 (losses to TB, NYJ resting starters)

2 - KC: 13-4 (losses @ CIN)

3 - BAL: 12-5 (losses @ CLE, @ CIN, GB, LAR)

4 - TEN: 12-5 (losses KC, @LAR, @PIT)

5 - LAC 13-4 (losses @CIN, KC)

6 - CLE: 11-6 (losses @CIN, @BAL, @GB)

7 - CIN: 11-6 (losses @BAL, @LAV, @DEN, @CLE)

7 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Yes it was a heart breaker loss against the Titans , at least we have a BYE . Here my prediction for the rest of the season we are now first in AFC East standing at 4-2 not bad but could be better 

Miami Dolphins WIN 

At Jacksonville Jaguars WIN 

At NY Jets WIN 

Indianapolis Colts another heart breaker LOSS 

At New Orleans Turkey day WIN 

New England Patriots WIN 

At Tampa Bay Buccaneers I hate to say this but that is a LOSS 

Carolina Panthers WIN 

At New England Patriots LOSS

Atlanta Falcons WIN 

New York Jets WIN 

Buffalo Bills will be 12-5 and win the division 

We will not get number one seed but we will win at least on playoff game , I don't think this is our year for the Super Bowl yet , still a few issues to be fixed but we are heading in the right direction . 2022 will be better 

I think every teams fans are thinking it's not their year...even the 5-1 teams have looked pretty mediocre against bad-average opponents.  The Ravens have been about as lucky as you can get so far.  Also keep in mind each team is gonna have more holes than usual because the cap was significantly reduced 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

41 minutes ago, par73 said:

I don't like projecting wins--- so many variables.  I do believe they will lose at least 3 or 4 more. Issues on both lines can't be resolved during the season.

Bills will definitely lose another game nobody expects (i.e. simliar the Jets beating the same Titans team we just lost too). In fact if this team does have any kind of hang over coming out of the bye I'll be very wary of the back to back to road games against the Jets and Jaguars as a spot for that to likely happen.

I also don't see us sweeping the Pats with both games against them later in the season and based on how they played against the Bucs and Cowboys despite losing I can definitely see us being a victim there.

Either way things would have to completely go off the rails for the Bills to not win the division and make the playoffs. In fact they could go 5-6 the rest of the way and finish 9-8 and probably stlll win the division by a game or two unless the Pats get hot down the stretch.

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I don't think we are losing to TB.  Not sure why everyone has that circled as a loss. 

I haven’t and I live here bud.  We have to be better than last night.  We need KC mojo.  The Bucs secondary is still suspect.

it is not a foregone conclusion we lose to Tampa.  I respect them and watch them when they don’t conflict with the Bills.  They will be our toughest opponent until the playoffs.

Bottom line for me is dinner was great, I’m going to enjoy a nice bowl of raspberry sherbet for a weekly delight and forget about the Bills for a few days.  I’ll check in but I won’t be thinking about it like yesterday all day. The players need a mental holiday and I think we do too.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.