Knox injury?

Big Turk

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just wondering where you heard that since McDermott didn't seem to know anything except "he broke his hand, we'll monitor it"

Where did you here this and who is "they"?  Because again, McDermott in his presser said "Don't know much more at this point, other than we'll just monitor it," "We'll see where it goes here."

And someone else in the thread said he had surgery this am

I know him and his family.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

He is still in surgery from what I have heard.

I hope it goes well for him!  Yikes.  Please let us know any updates.  Do you happen to know how this jibes with @Nextmanup saying "they" said Knox might not even miss any time?  Because I can't imagine not missing time after surgery on a hand.

FWIW I remember you last fall bringing some info about Knox so I know you didn't just swim up from nowhere with the Knox connection.

12 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

He is still in surgery from what I have heard.

I hope the splenectomy went well!   :)

I have no idea what his status is, but it’s a shame that he got hurt at a time when he was really starting to shine. I’m hoping that between the bye week and a little lighter schedule coming up he can get right back to the level of play he was starting to demonstrate this year. Even during his dropsies, I’ve always loved his ceiling! 

ST, first thanks for sharing and I’m sure you’ll update when you know what’s up.

I guess one shining light is we have a bye, Fins, Jags, and Jets.  McD can take his time with Knox and assess when he is 100%.  I’d rather hold him back one extra week, then rush him back.  The Colts are a good running team and would optimally be when it would be good to see Knox at a

minimum on a patch count.  We want him in a groove by the Saints.

28 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Looks like 3-4 weeks

Disappointing, but it might be the “best” possible 3-4 weeks we could be missing the pleasantly surprising new ingredient to our offense. We have the bye then some relatively easy opponents. Come back strong when we get into the gut of things and a playoff run! 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Looks like 3-4 weeks

I hope you're right, but I'm thinking that sounds hella optimistic. 

He might come out of the cast in ~3 weeks but then is gonna need some PT and strengthening.

But if Knox gets to play with that bionic brace Gronk used to use to club people with, that'd be kinda cool. 

I'm just worried that one Josh Allen "heater" would rip right through the callus (3-4 week stage of bone healing)

PS thanks a bunch for looping back

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Disappointing, but it might be the “best” possible 3-4 weeks we could be missing the pleasantly surprising new ingredient to our offense. We have the bye then some relatively easy opponents. Come back strong when we get into the gut of things and a playoff run! 

I've always liked Sweeney and thought he had a rough deal last season.  Hate to see Knox miss time but if Sweeney can play this is his chance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've always liked Sweeney and thought he had a rough deal last season.  Hate to see Knox miss time but if Sweeney can play this is his chance.

Feet and hands are so tricky with all those darn bones, I’m always nervous. More so with feet (especially on big guys), so I take nothing for granted.

But yes, it would be nice to know what else we have in terms of talent at the position. It might be possible we can win a few games without Ertz? (Sorry, I couldn’t help myself!) 

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Doesn’t really seem to matter who they lose… Lamar is locked in.

Lamar is playing very well, but I watched a bit of the Ravens-Chargers on Sunday and he still misses "easy" throws and you wonder if that will ever change.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.