What are our issues?

Milanos Milano

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We’ve invested considerable resources on our d-line and we still struggle to get pressure and sacks with our front 4.

We also struggle pass blocking and creating holes for the run game.

Hard to fix those problems mid season.

Our investment in D-line was somewhere sitting in escrow or in an off shore account for some reason. I'm all about loyalty, but McDermott suffers from it to his detriment. Basham and Epenesa should've been dressed and playing last night. I'd rather see more of them than Addison. Also, I feel like the Mitch Morse experience is over. He's just not powerful enough to handle quality defensive linemen. 

10 hours ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

Tanny played WR at Texas A&M before switching to QB. The man's an athlete.

And that's gotta be one of the best O-Lines.

Nevertheless I'm disappointed as well. Impactful DLines are a huge difference maker between playoff teams

They had backups on their offensive line!! The Bills defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd and long on multiple occasions allowing Henry more attempts to carry the ball. Levi Wallace, although decent, is a weak link in defensive backfield when it comes to physical, fast WRs. He's not strong enough to challenge them at the line allowing them easy release and not giving the rush to effect Tannehill. Wish Frazier would have tried Dane Jackson a series or two.

• Like (+1) 1

Our issues as fans partially are some unrealistic expectations about the Buffalo Bills football team.  They are very good team but are not

going to win in all 3 aspects (O, D, STs) every game every series.  Last night was a tough loss but it was caused by missed opportunities

and bad execution against a good opponent.

It seems to me fans put out their opinion of the one or two things to cause a loss like this but in reality it's a culmination of the entire play

during the entire game.  One thing that makes me feel less distressed today is the fact that if any of these were turned around last night

the Bills would of come out the winner.  This loss was nothing like the losses against the Chiefs and Titans last year.

OL blocking, some better runs, too many wobbly passes just off the mark, tipped pass INT, penalties at the worse time, DL pass rush,

D gives up a long TD run, red zone play resulting in FGs, called back KR TD, good punt return called back because of 2 flags, poor red zone

play by the D, a 3rd down run a half yard short, and a 4th down QB sneak that had a slip on the grass to name just some of the details.

Any ONE of these things changed and the Bills could of had the W.  Titans played a game "just good enough" to win when the Bills played

the way they played.   Add a blocked punt in the 1st game and the team could be 6-0 but it's football and their opponents are playing

their hardest to win too.

On to the Miami game at home and hopefully a WIN.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

At least Brown and Dawkins, we can hope improve as the season goes on.  

We've seen Dawkins play well and he's coming back from a rough covid battle over the summer. 

Brown is a talented rookie, who hopefully lessens the rookie mistakes with more and more experience.  

The IOL was pointed to as a weak spot amongst every Bills fan in the offseason and we did nothing.... Moving Williams inside to RG has helped, but LG is the weak link in the chain that seems to never get fixed.  Could have easily addressed it in the offseason, instead we re-sign Feliciano and draft a dude late who's now on the Eagles 53.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BTB said:

The OL interior is subpar…especially Feliciano. Bringing back the same starting 5 from last years mediocre line was a BIG mistake by Beane. 

We have one of the more expensive O-lines in the league

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

That unit is easily the biggest disappointment of the season for the Bills. We can't even blame it on injuries. 

Offensive line isnt physical enough. Dline could be more physical too but its not too bad its just teams like the titans that give us a hard time.

Next off season we really need to upgrade the interior offensive line and Brown and Dawkins need to get in the weight room. Hard to fault Brown being young so im sure he will get better, really love his aggressiveness.

Brandon Beane should be on the phone with Pittsburgh/Denver and seeing what it would cost to acquire Joe Haden/Kyle Fuller. Both are in the last year of their contracts. We need a rental #2 CB to get us over the hump. If I had to give up a 3 or 4 to acquire, consider it done. Hell, throw in Cody Ford. We can get by with the porous offensive line because of Josh athletic ability for this Super Bowl run. We can’t cross the finish line if the defense continues to give up 3rd and long opportunities because of a deficiency at CB.

Edited by Solomon Grundy

21 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We’ve invested considerable resources on our d-line and we still struggle to get pressure and sacks with our front 4.

We also struggle pass blocking and creating holes for the run game.

Hard to fix those problems mid season.

We've invested, but still young on D line.  5 guys have basically 3 years or less playing time.  I'll give them the benefit of doubt they can improve. 

O line, needs some new players inside   Maybe sign top FA guard this off season and draft another center or guard in around the 2nd.

That in itself may help run game.

59 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The Bills don't need Miles Sanders

They need better blocking.

They have a rookie project playing tackle. Guard position is still a weakness.

Allen and the backs being so elusive make the line look better than it really is.

Miles Sanders would be an immediate upgrade at RB. I'd swap Miles for Motor in a NY minute

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The Bills don't need Miles Sanders

They need better blocking.

They have a rookie project playing tackle. Guard position is still a weakness.

Allen and the backs being so elusive make the line look better than it really is.

I agree the problems are mainly on the offensive line although Miles Sanders would still be a huge upgrade on what they have at running back.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Miles Sanders would be an immediate upgrade at RB. I'd swap Miles for Motor in a NY minute

I'd send them Motor, Moss, Breida and a signed Fred Jackson jersey if it meant getting Sanders.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.