What are our issues?

Milanos Milano

Bills issue is Brian Daboll. He’s a good coordinator but he’s stuck in his ways. He simply doesn’t like running the ball. How does a back who is averaging over 5 YPC on the season can only get 5 carries? It continues to be an issue with him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Singletary asks to be released or traded this off-season. They are wasting him

8 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Bills we’re #1 on both offense and Defense going into tonight. I don’t think there is many holes we just got Derrick Henry’d and we didn’t convert in the redzone earlier in the game 

our linebackers were confused and out of position all second half.  they bit on king henry fakes and there was a huge zone in the center of the field for 20 yard gains on crossing routes.  coaches never adjusted to bring  a safety up into that zone and we never breathed on tannehill.

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

our linebackers were confused and out of position all second half.  they bit on king henry fakes and there was a huge zone in the center of the field for 20 yard gains on crossing routes.  coaches never adjusted to bring  a safety up into that zone and we never breathed on tannehill.

That’s the Derrick Henry effect. You literally have to have all hands on deck to stop him. When your playing Tennessee, you have to jump on them early and force them to play catch up throwing the ball. Us being 2/5 in the redzone kept Tennessee in the game which allowed them to use Derrick Henry more. We convert in the redzone Bills win by 2 TD’s easy

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

That’s the Derrick Henry effect. You literally have to have all hands on deck to stop him. When your playing Tennessee, you have to jump on them early and force them to play catch up throwing the ball. Us being 2/5 in the redzone kept Tennessee in the game which allowed them to use Derrick Henry more. We convert in the redzone Bills win by 2 TD’s easy

agreed

8 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills ARE NOT going to win a Super Bowl with Singletary and Moss, period. Todd Gurley is still available. He's only 27, and wouldn't he be an upgrade over Singletary? He was a bruiser just two years ago. I realize nobody has touched him, but going to a SB contender might get him going! Cut Breida and bring him in. They have everything to lose by staying with the current RB's. They have done NOTHING all year.    

Gurley has the knees of an 83-year-old retired steelworker, he's not a viable option. 

I think Moss/Singletary are fine backs. My problem lies with our linemen. Besides Brown (who had a poor game last night but is showing a lot of promise), Dawkins (again, awful showing last night) and maybe Morse, we have very little in the cupboard. Feliciano is overrated as hell and Williams is a backup. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The biggest “issue” is that Beane traded away an All Pro interior lineman and has thrown three straight second round picks in the garbage.

The Bills are a great team, but they’d be an elite team with at least one more impact player at guard, CB, WR or pass rusher.  Those second round picks have real value and Beane squanders them for no good reason.

It's a larger issue involving amateur scouting on offense.  They made their bones building an offense around UFAs and haven't developed much particularly on the OL.  Brown is there, but he's a work in progress.  The only other drafted starter, Dawkins, is kinda meh right now.  The top WR's - Diggs, Beasley, and Sanders are all veterans acquired.   Knox, Singletary, and Moss are all OK, but not anything to write home about.    

Beane needs to up his game on draft day on offense.  Because aside from Josh they've been pedestrian drafting there. 

• Agree 1

I can't argue that the running game is not a glaring need.  Both Moss & Singletary are great #2 backs.  We don't have that 30-carry a game guy.

We have more of a running game than we did last year, but obviously, when we have 3rd or 4th & short, it's a liability. 

9 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills ARE NOT going to win a Super Bowl with Singletary and Moss, period. Todd Gurley is still available. He's only 27, and wouldn't he be an upgrade over Singletary? He was a bruiser just two years ago. I realize nobody has touched him, but going to a SB contender might get him going! Cut Breida and bring him in. They have everything to lose by staying with the current RB's. They have done NOTHING all year.    

Running backs are mostly irrelevant. If Allen plays well and the defense plays well, the Bills could easily win with Moss and Singletary

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Running backs are mostly irrelevant. If Allen plays well and the defense plays well, the Bills could easily win with Moss and Singletary

Yes. Let’s not forget Allen is a big threat to run. The defense just couldn’t stop anything the Titans did in the 2nd half. If Josh gets that 6 inches the Bills win. No team is perfect, and the Bills have issues but as long as they have Josh they will be in every game.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Red zone offense.  The end of game and 2 fgs is what decided it.  Convert 2 of the 3 into Tds and the game isnt that close.  They have things to clean up for sure.  I also think the right side of the oline is slowly becoming the strong side.  Dawkins has been nothing more than average so far.  The defense we caught in no mans land once Henry broke off that run.  Those days will happen.  

The right side was horrible last night. Dion got blown up on that final play but (and I say this without having watched the all22 yet) otherwise he was the best of our oline. Brown got beaten like a drum multiple times off the edge.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Last night they sold out to stop Henry and failed. They didn't go after the QB at all.

Red Zone offense hasn't been great all season, I'm often left scratching my head about play calling after a short Bass-o-matic FG.

PENALTIES... PENALTIES ... PENALTIES

Mainly it was 2 runs they failed on,  the 76 yarder and the 20 yarder.  They did a decent job other than that against Henry. Tennessee was in a lot of 3rd and long situations.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Red zone offense.  The end of game and 2 fgs is what decided it.  Convert 2 of the 3 into Tds and the game isnt that close.  They have things to clean up for sure.  I also think the right side of the oline is slowly becoming the strong side.  Dawkins has been nothing more than average so far.  The defense we caught in no mans land once Henry broke off that run.  Those days will happen.  

No, them having 2 TDs called back by penalties is what decided it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Last night they sold out to stop Henry and failed. They didn't go after the QB at all.

Red Zone offense hasn't been great all season, I'm often left scratching my head about play calling after a short Bass-o-matic FG.

PENALTIES... PENALTIES ... PENALTIES

Defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd and long on multiple occasions last night. Agree with the penalties.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd and long on multiple occasions last night. Agree with the penalties.

Yup...for as well as Henry played, it was really only 2 runs that hurt them...the 76 yarder and the 20 yarder.  Other than that, they played pretty well most of the night and got them in a bunch of 3dr and long situations that they normally are good at getting off the field on.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We’ve invested considerable resources on our d-line and we still struggle to get pressure and sacks with our front 4.

We also struggle pass blocking and creating holes for the run game.

Hard to fix those problems mid season.

1. OL

2. DL

3. RB

4. ST

...still shocked we couldn't sack Hieneke or Tanahill?

10 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Sometimes a team has your number, and you can't make any mistakes. The Titans are that team. Our mistake happened with the tipped int (there's others for sure but that was a killer). Learn from it and move on. This team has the skill to go all the way. 

Unfortunately, every team with dominant IDL will have the Bills number until they make changes. I'm, honestly, afraid that the Jets game will be closer than we think because of their defensive front 7. We focus on 76, but I think the problem is 60. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.